D

dumbfarang

Dec 13, 2018
I live with housemates and was wondering if i ctb at night if they would hear it?

I could go to a hotel but i don't really wanna add another step to it.

Reactions: sif, Lifeisatrap and Deafsn0w
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Oh yeah, they'll hear it

Reactions: sif, Lifeisatrap, Deafsn0w and 2 others
M

Marc

Nov 3, 2018
Maybe you could get a silencer.

Reactions: sif, Lifeisatrap, Deafsn0w and 1 other person
[NoName]

[NoName]

Student
Nov 15, 2018
Yes. Gunshots are really loud.

If you're going to kill yourself via gun you need to make sure no one will get shot when/if the bullet goes through you.

Reactions: sif, Lifeisatrap, BellaKAT and 3 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yes, gunshots are VERY VERY loud, even with hearing protection, they are still loud, especially indoors. I've been to an indoor range and the overpressure and reverb really hits hard.

Maybe you could get a silencer.

In the US, you would need a $200 tax stamp as well as an even more extensive background check by the FBI and filling out additional paperwork from the ATF. Furthermore, you will need to wait a very long time (like over 6 months) before you get the approval. Sometimes I wished that silencers/suppressors aren't NFA items, but sadly the 2015 Hearing Protection Act never passed :(

Reactions: sif, Lifeisatrap, TiredHorse and 3 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Hell yes.

I had an ex boyfriend who was an avid clay pigeon shooter and my ears would ring for hours after we went to the range (and this was with wearing protection and outdoors).

D

dumbfarang

Dec 13, 2018
i guess what i meant is would the sound wake them up and startle them thinking it was outside, or would they know it came inside the house and come upstairs to check kind of thing. i dont want any medical intervention obviously.

and ya noone else will get shot.

in terms of silencers i dont really know how the process of buying it and installing would work

edit: thanks throw away, i figured there was some kind of additional buying process

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
It would be so incredibly loud inside.

Where I live I can hear gun shots a couple miles away during deer hunting season.

Google decibles of guns....

Silencers are hard to obtain for very good reasons.

Reactions: sif, Lifeisatrap, TiredHorse and 1 other person
G

GeorgeEastman

Arcanist
Sep 3, 2018
It's got to be a big enough gun to do the job even if they're looking at you.

Damn, I really am getting the urge again to blow myself away in front of my family at Christmas. I should do it. Have to sit here everyday thinking about how much they hate me. I know they'd like me to die, but it would still freak them out to watch me do it. They would be scarred for the rest of their lives like they should be for banishing and exiling me to this hell.

Reactions: sif and Lifeisatrap