• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

prone2fury

prone2fury

i have pretty hair
Feb 4, 2023
mostly exploring my options at the moment, haven't landed on anything concrete just yet. the only guns i have are a 12ga shotgun and a .22 gsg pistol and i'd really rather avoid all the mess of the shotgun. kinda unsure of if it would be risky to go with the pistol. would the chance of failure be too high with it? thank you in advance : )

Reactions: melwarson
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
If you are really serious about CTB, it really makes no sense to me why you would want to use a pistol, any pistol, when you have a shotgun available. If you're dead, the mess isn't yours to concern yourself with. The idea of a method is for it to be successful and take you to where you want/need to be. A failed attempt can put you in a much worse place than you were before the attempt. Choosing between a pistol and a shotgun would be a no-brainer for me if a gun were my method.

Reactions: lifeisbutadream, Null Hypothesis, mlcs and 2 others
Upvote 0
dogemn

dogemn

All the nights I don't die
May 30, 2023
mostly exploring my options at the moment, haven't landed on anything concrete just yet. the only guns i have are a 12ga shotgun and a .22 gsg pistol and i'd really rather avoid all the mess of the shotgun. kinda unsure of if it would be risky to go with the pistol. would the chance of failure be too high with it? thank you in advance : )
Please never use a .22 for suicide. Ever.

Reactions: melwarson, HerculePoirot, Aisley and 1 other person
Upvote 0
prone2fury

prone2fury

i have pretty hair
Feb 4, 2023
If you are really serious about CTB, it really makes no sense to me why you would want to use a pistol, any pistol, when you have a shotgun available. If you're dead, the mess isn't yours to concern yourself with. The idea of a method is for it to be successful and take you to where you want/need to be. A failed attempt can put you in a much worse place than you were before the attempt. Choosing between a pistol and a shotgun would be a no-brainer for me if a gun were my method.
fair point, but my main reason for worrying about the mess is mostly for my surviving friends and some relatives. i guess i just don't want them to picture the aftermath of a shotgun blast to the face when they think about me. plus it'd be really yucky, especially compared to a .22. but this makes sense too

• Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart, melwarson and LostCauseLooknToCTB
Upvote 0
Fktw0rld

Fktw0rld

An end with suffering > Suffering without an end
Aug 29, 2022
No not at all. I wouldn't even consider a 9mm 40 or 38. 45 acp minimum, semi auto wise. 44 mag, revolver wise.

Upvote 0
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
fair point, but my main reason for worrying about the mess is mostly for my surviving friends and some relatives. i guess i just don't want them to picture the aftermath of a shotgun blast to the face when they think about me. plus it'd be really yucky, especially compared to a .22. but this makes sense too
I understand, but, exactly, what is the end game here? A .22 is just not going to get the job done, or, at the very least, has a low likelihood of success. Maybe you could arrange it through a delayed message to the police so that they are the ones who find you first? I think when people are actually at their rock-bottom, lowest point and ready to CTB, the only concern is on oneself, and there is no concern regarding how others might find you or what it will do to them. This is the point where one's own best interest comes before all else. Yes, it is selfish, and it has to be, but suicide is only about you, and that is how it should be.

Reactions: Null Hypothesis
Upvote 0
L

Ligottian

Warlock
Dec 19, 2021
Does anyone here think my .357 Magnum fired just above the ear is almost certain? With hollow points,of course.

Upvote 0
Fktw0rld

Fktw0rld

An end with suffering > Suffering without an end
Aug 29, 2022
357 absolutely. I wouldn't go above the ear though. Goal is to destroy the cerebellum, medulla oblongata and sever the brain stem for immediate results. Shooting directly into the cerebrum leaves too much room for luck.

• Informative
Reactions: melwarson and Sweet Tart
Upvote 0
LostCauseLooknToCTB

LostCauseLooknToCTB

YoungLostHoplessandAlone
Apr 6, 2023
No a clean shot to the head should do it.

Reactions: prone2fury
Upvote 0
M

melwarson

May 20, 2023
I personally wouldn't use a 22. It's a very small round and you could survive. But I definitely understand your thoughts regarding a shotgun. I thought of using a shotgun. But they have a strong recoil and the one I had was impossible for me to fire if aiming for my head because my arms weren't long enough. I don't know why gun shooting myself in the head freaks me out. I'd much rather someone else do it to me but that's not an option. I'm leaning towards medication overdose and hanging or medication overdose and a gun. I have a handgun and a rifle with explosive ammo. I don't think I'd survive the combination.
May I ask where you are planning on doing it? Do you live alone? I'm currently living with family and trying to figure out the best location. I don't think I will have an opportunity to do something that loud while home alone. I'm leaning towards my car but I was hoping my family could sell my car and keep the money. I don't want it to be destroyed.
No not at all. I wouldn't even consider a 9mm 40 or 38. 45 acp minimum, semi auto wise. 44 mag, revolver wise.
What about a 9mm with critical defense ammunition or a rifle?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
L

Ligottian

Warlock
Dec 19, 2021
Actor John Eric Hexum died from a blank round to the head on a movie set. Concussion. You can look it up on Wikipedia. Total fluke? Comments welcome.

Upvote 0
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
A .22 is a roll-of-the-dice. The minimum pistol caliber is a 9mm. That's enough to get the job done. Anything lower, and you're risking a lot. If you have a shotgun available, then... if you're serious... go with that. But, I'd discourage the use of a .22 if you're not sure of your aim.

All that said, pretty much ANY gun can kill you. Slaughterhouses used to put cows down with a .22. Do research. Stop listening to these so-called experts on here. Many of these people don't even know what they're talking about when it comes to firearms. And it shows. Good luck, in whatever you choose to do.

Upvote 0
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I would hardly recommend it. It could kill you, but even then you could be alive for several hours before finally dying. See: Pekka Eric Auvinen and Matti Saari, they were both people who committed school shootings with .22LR pistols and shot themselves afterwards, and both were alive and taken to the hospital before dying after several hours. I would use the shotgun, or purchase my own pistol in a higher caliber if possible.

Upvote 0
blacksand

blacksand

Experienced
May 2, 2023
Why do people ask questions when they already have their mind made up. Go ahead and use a .22lr but there is a reason why people recommend a shotgun.

Upvote 0
W

Wowser

-
Mar 7, 2023
If I only had a .22, I would stand at the edge of a bridge as I shoot myself, in a way so that I would fall down. And aim the bullet at the brain stem.

Upvote 0
P

PV Wickramaratne

Jun 27, 2023
Is drinking 10 piriton tablets and putting a bag over one's head and sealing it a successful way to go?

Upvote 1
prone2fury

prone2fury

i have pretty hair
Feb 4, 2023
May I ask where you are planning on doing it? Do you live alone? I'm currently living with family and trying to figure out the best location. I don't think I will have an opportunity to do something that loud while home alone. I'm leaning towards my car but I was hoping my family could sell my car and keep the money. I don't want it to be destroyed.
i do live alone, and no one really ever comes over (thank god lol). not sure if neighbors would hear the shot though. i'd rather first responders be the first ones to, y'know, respond. my main concern is to not leave too much of a gory mess that might make the grieving process more difficult or morbid for my friends and family. maybe i should look into non-gun related methods?

• Hugs
Upvote 0
M

melwarson

May 20, 2023
357 absolutely. I wouldn't go above the ear though. Goal is to destroy the cerebellum, medulla oblongata and sever the brain stem for immediate results. Shooting directly into the cerebrum leaves too much room for luck.
Where is the best place to aim? I've seen people shoot themselves in the side of the head and the mouth and they were successful. I worry about trying the side of the head as I have small hands and worry about the recoil and missing.
i do live alone, and no one really ever comes over (thank god lol). not sure if neighbors would hear the shot though. i'd rather first responders be the first ones to, y'know, respond. my main concern is to not leave too much of a gory mess that might make the grieving process more difficult or morbid for my friends and family. maybe i should look into non-gun related methods?
That's good that you live alone. Most neighbors will hear the gunshot unless you live out in the country and they aren't close by. Even if I could get a moment when I was home alone to ctb with my gun I know the neighbors would hear it and call the police. I don't want that because I don't want medical attention in case I don't die immediately. I'm currently leaning towards prescription medication overdose and partial hanging or prescription medication overdose and firearm in my car in a remote area. I do worry about my family members being the ones who would find me. My medication isn't enough to kill me so that's why I was trying to combat it with another method.
If I only had a .22, I would stand at the edge of a bridge as I shoot myself, in a way so that I would fall down. And aim the bullet at the brain stem.
How do you aim for the brain stem? Shoot through your mouth?
Is drinking 10 piriton tablets and putting a bag over one's head and sealing it a successful way to go?
It's possible you could be successful that way. I have heard that some people tear off the bag once they are unconscious though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0