sourcreamonion

sourcreamonion

Jun 25, 2020
I remember sitting in her office and watching her show me all these gadgets she wanted to use on me because they were "proven to fix people like me". I was her guinea pig.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Bct, Deleted member 17331, Despondent and 1 other person
M

Muirthemne

Mar 1, 2020
Sessions were only 20 minutes long, she spent half the time answering phone calls. When we did talk, she mostly just pushed drugs even though I said repeatedly I'd had bad experiences with them in the past and wanted to focus on talk therapy. She told me I shouldn't open up to my friends about my mental health struggles because they would think I was too "fragile," and that maybe I just shouldn't try making friends because I wasn't "ready."

Thinking about it still makes me feel worthless to this day.

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Bct, Deleted member 17331 and sourcreamonion
sourcreamonion

sourcreamonion

Jun 25, 2020
Sessions were only 20 minutes long, she spent half the time answering phone calls. When we did talk, she mostly just pushed drugs even though I said repeatedly I'd had bad experiences with them in the past and wanted to focus on talk therapy. She told me I shouldn't open up to my friends about my mental health struggles because they would think I was too "fragile," and that maybe I just shouldn't try making friends because I wasn't "ready."

That's horrible, I'm sorry. I've never met a therapist who never encouraged the idea of opening up to friends.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331 and Muirthemne
pentobarbitaldreams

pentobarbitaldreams

Jun 11, 2020
My sessions go like this:

"How was your week? What did you do?"

"Do you want to talk about anything?" (no, because you'd hospitalize me.)

"Let's play a board game"

Every single time.

• Love
  • Hugs
sourcreamonion

sourcreamonion

Jun 25, 2020
My sessions go like this:

"How was your week? What did you do?"

"Do you want to talk about anything?" (no, because you'd hospitalize me.)

"Let's play a board game"

Every single time.
Same here or they would make me do breathing exercises to no end. And they'd have weird names for them as well.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331
glittergore

glittergore

the sea, the sea
Jun 16, 2020
I mentioned this once in another thread, but I had a therapist tell me I would never excel in my career path because of my mental illness and heavily implied I was stupid by choosing it.

• Aww..
  • Love
aedric_artifact

aedric_artifact

Find me in the sweetest oblivion
Jun 27, 2020
Years ago, I met my first therapist. She sat down, we had a very awkward period of small-talk. She asked me if I listen to any music. I said I love Lady Gaga's music. She says, "Really? I think all of her music sounds the same."

It was at that moment that I developed a hatred for therapy.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Bct and sourcreamonion
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
My therapist is a nice and experienced person and the thing which was sad was not about therapy. I could call him anytime and ask whatever I want.
Despite my diagnosis he made me understand that I do not need to go on disability. Though disability could save me from a job where I would be like a walking dead and a total poverty which I experienced for a few months during lockdown. With my mental illness I am on the edge of the abyss and financial issues just push me closer. Right now I work a small amount of hours on a low-paid job, but even this makes me extremely tired, every 10-15 minutes I tell myself "Fuck this, I want to die, I do what I can't and it takes the last parts of what is left of me"

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sourcreamonion, Epsilon0, Bct and 2 others
Iwantoknow

Iwantoknow

Jun 28, 2020

This is so fucked up. That sounds like something what no one should deal with and I am really sorry to hear you experianced something like it.

Reactions: sourcreamonion
rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
She had me contractually obligated to not commit suicide. Poor me is now stuck in this world because she might sue my dead ass, lol.

• Aww..
Reactions: sourcreamonion