R

RickAston69

Dec 25, 2019
I'm 31.

So last February i had a bad car accident, (it will be 2 years ago in February)

I'm now paraplegic, epileptic from traumatic brain injury, my arms have some nerve damage and my recovery has "plateaued". Or as i refer to it... i ain't getting any better.

I'm in a nursing home...
My roommate has dementia and is just... gone up there.

Basically the only enjoyment i get out of life is watching TV/movies, my life is one really long netflix (and now disney+) binge and periods of extreme headaches where i can't even do that. I used to be big into video games but i can't do much of that anymore because i lack the speed to be able to do much. Basically i suck too bad. I have to be careful with the epilepsy from special effects.

I've had suicidal feelings on and off since the accident.

My Christmas eve consisted of having various family members show up for a while and leave. Grand total i think i had family over for like 2 hours of the day combined. (Leaving to do anything would put a huge burden on whomever took me out) 2 hours sounds like a long time but it feels like they just stopped in for an obligatory "hi" and that's it.

And to top it off my Christmas eve dinner sucked (nursing home food)

Between 7:30 or so and midnight i sat alone in my cell watching Christmas movies alone wanting to kill myself. To top it off the nurses won't even give me the box of cookies my mom brought and are giving me only one at time. (at midnight they took my computer away, something they do quite often to me).

The good news is i have a whole lot of money in my bank account from the lawsuit settlement, so it's not poor finances that are making me want to end it... That's about the only upside in my life right now. That and the Mandalorian...

About the only thing keeping me from ending it is this feeling that My own personal hell will be an eternity in a nursing home without internet or TV.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Élégie, snorli, Final Escape and 13 others
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Hi and welcome to SS. This time of year appears to bring so much joy to so many people and yet is abject misery for a few. There is a thread going on here where people can congregate and exchange messages and memes that might be good to visit.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/the-official-2019-christmas-chanukah-kwanzaa-post.28150/

• Love
Reactions: mediocre, BPD_LE, forever21 and 1 other person
H

Hopeindeath!

Elementalist
Dec 7, 2019
I am so sorry this happened to you. I hope your Christmas is at least a little bit better by being here.

• Love
Reactions: mediocre
C

Cutepoison

Losing all hope was freedom
Dec 22, 2019
Xmas suck. I'm also alone and honestly, i don't even want anyone around, i can't hold a normal conversation cuz the only thing on my mind is suicide

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie and mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I am so sorry I feel bad complaining about anything when I hear of your situation. I am also ill and on the decline. Welcome to the forum I hope you can at least get some comfort from being here. Everybody here is so kind and always open to listening.

:heart:

J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
One thing I will say is that I'm pretty certain you wouldn't go to any sort of hell if you were to CTB.
My thoughts on the afterlife are here :
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/been-reading-a-goodbye-thread.27411/post-496931