willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
For about 2 years now I've experienced a concerningly high heart rate anytime I do anything strenuous at all (I'm talking 200bpm+), as well as a somewhat high heart rate while at rest. I told my doctor and they ran some tests that showed them how high it gets and they said that I'm fine. Nothing was done about it. So back home I went and I've been living with it.
Now I've developed a new symptom that I'm becoming concerned about: my deep muscles will start twitching, muscles that I cannot voluntarily move even if I wanted to, and they will twitch for several minutes at a time. I sometimes have tremors in my hands and feet as well. As of a couple weeks ago, anytime I go from a sitting or laying position and stand up, I have trouble coordinating my legs properly and am off balance and run into things for about a minute before I'm able to steady myself. Something feels deeply wrong. However I have years and years of mental health issues and hospitalizations to the point where I fear that telling my doctor will yield a couple of tests and then I will be told I'm fine and written off as psychosomatic and sent home with no answers and a hefty bill. I hate the stigma mental health brings to the physical health world.

I'm not asking for a diagnosis or anything, I suppose this is just a vent

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Venus13, LateForTheBus, Nortu and 1 other person
AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
yeah dude, I always keep my health issues (mental and physical) to myself. If you have hypertension, your heart rate goes up, I wouldn't know otherwise why that would be.
stigma with depression is a shitty thing, if I tell anyone, it would just make my situation worse.
I hope things work out better for you in the long run, I really do

Reactions: Valky
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
Find another doctor, wth is this bs. Some sadly really don't know how to do their job.

LateForTheBus

LateForTheBus

Experienced
Feb 7, 2023
If it were me, I would get a second opinion. Yeah, you have mental health issues, but your heart rate and subsequent balance and tremor issues are what need to be addressed. Can you make an appointment with a totally new doctor? One who you can discuss your mental health with when you are comfortable but who isn't going into the meeting already biased by it? I wish you luck! ((Hugs))

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
is it a med side effect?
and yep new doctor

veryyred

veryyred

Apr 29, 2023
You should definitely consider finding a different doctor. My mom experienced something similar to yours and when she decided to find another doctor, that doctor was able to find out what was wrong. Took her quite a while to find the right one and it might be difficult, but I'm hoping that you'll find them. Wishing you all the best!