W

WaitingForTheBusInTh

Student
Nov 18, 2020
I'm trying to hold off until May when covid lockdowns will hopefully have lifted where I am. The last thing I want is for my ctbing to be associated with covid or to be listed as because of covid.
The stuff I've experienced has gone on far longer than that and I would find it insulting to be listed as another victim of covid.

On the other hand I dont know if I can hang on for 4 months.... I've got a rope under my bed and I'm caring less and less about the repercussions. I'm running myself into the ground at work. I want to quit so bad.

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife, Sakura94 and Kikoo Loool
GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
Lol, you mean you don't want to pull the trigger and be labeled a covid death? Think about all the suicides found with two bullets in thier heads who were labeled as covid deaths... Lol. It's a hard topic. If you feel like you need to go dont worry about current events or religious beliefs or anything like that. If it truly gets that bad do what you feel you have to do. As far as work goes do you need a new job? Or a new position at your current job? Or a chance to develop a new skill set? Any of these would be a change of scenery and might really help you out. The last job I had made me upset because it was a big place and all 400 workers had to keep up with covid. It was sad to see. We were already hard working, worn out tax slaves before covid. Now we just look the part being muzzled like cows at the slaughter house. Everyone is just sad now. Sad and afraid. Nobody seems to say hello anymore. Everyone looks down as they walk. Those are the signs of weariness and depression. Everyone knows this is wrong. You have to be stupid to not think something is up but you cant fix it even if you knew what it was. Anyway you can go on indeed and find lots of good jobs. You can get hired at a temp service and take on 3 or four jobs until you find one you really really like. The change and the fear in that case are good for you. It will give your brain something to figure out and learn and because of that you will get a little of your grove back. Dont let the fear and sadness hold you back. You got this. If your job sucks. Get a new job and a new drive and a new uniform and so on. It really really helps. As stupid as that advice sounds it really helps.

fent_dnm27

fent_dnm27

Jan 8, 2021
The stuff I've experienced has gone on far longer than that and I would find it insulting to be listed as another victim of covid.

Why would it matter? After you are dead people will care even less. You are overthinking this completely.

GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
I'm trying to hold off until May when covid lockdowns will hopefully have lifted where I am. The last thing I want is for my ctbing to be associated with covid or to be listed as because of covid.

On the other hand I dont know if I can hang on for 4 months.... I've got a rope under my bed and I'm caring less and less about the repercussions. I'm running myself into the ground at work. I want to quit soi have

On the other hand I dont know if I can hang on for 4 months.... I've got a rope under my bed and I'm caring less and less about the repercussions. I'm running myself into the ground at work. I want to quit so

On the other hand I dont know if I can hang on for 4 months.... I've got a rope under my bed and I'm caring less and less about the repercussions. I'm running myself into the ground at work. I want to quit so bad.
I have more advice. In the ARMY we had a stupid saying that worked like a charm. EMBRACE THE SUCK! Don't get stuck in your head. Work sucks driving sucks getting groceries sucks. Embrace It! When you get to work at the beginning of your shift, just laugh your fucking ass off! Just smile and laugh and be happy. Just close your mind and stop caring and laugh and be happy. Laugh when your coworkers are dumb laugh when your boss is a dick just laugh...maybe not out loud so much but laugh. If your equipment breaks just laugh your way through it. That can also really help. Many a hard and soft soldier has gotten through some hard times with just that advice.

W

WaitingForTheBusInTh

Student
Nov 18, 2020
Lol, you mean you don't want to pull the trigger and be labeled a covid death? Think about all the suicides found with two bullets in thier heads who were labeled as covid deaths... Lol. It's a hard topic. If you feel like you need to go dont worry about current events or religious beliefs or anything like that. If it truly gets that bad do what you feel you have to do. As far as work goes do you need a new job? Or a new position at your current job? Or a chance to develop a new skill set? Any of these would be a change of scenery and might really help you out. The last job I had made me upset because it was a big place and all 400 workers had to keep up with covid. It was sad to see. We were already hard working, worn out tax slaves before covid. Now we just look the part being muzzled like cows at the slaughter house. Everyone is just sad now. Sad and afraid. Nobody seems to say hello anymore. Everyone looks down as they walk. Those are the signs of weariness and depression. Everyone knows this is wrong. You have to be stupid to not think something is up but you cant fix it even if you knew what it was. Anyway you can go on indeed and find lots of good jobs. You can get hired at a temp service and take on 3 or four jobs until you find one you really really like. The change and the fear in that case are good for you. It will give your brain something to figure out and learn and because of that you will get a little of your grove back. Dont let the fear and sadness hold you back. You got this. If your job sucks. Get a new job and a new drive and a new uniform and so on. It really really helps. As stupid as that advice sounds it really helps.
If it was that easy to get a new job I wouldn't have stayed at this job or my previous job as long as I have. I've only ever been hired by places that will take literally anyone, which are the places with bad working cultures. I'm always applying to different jobs but no one wants to hire me. Everyone wants you to have years of experience that I cant get without first having the job. Also working 6 days a week (not by choice) doesnt leave a lot of time for interviews if I were to get requests for them, which I dont

Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
When I went off sick from work in July with anxiety and depression I felt it was really important they understood it wasn't due to covid, I'd been ill for much longer. I didn't want them to think I just wasn't coping with the current situation. So I completely understand.

S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
Leave a scheduled note on Facebook or something?

Reactions: ihavetoleave
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I just don't care about the repercussions. I'll be gone, who cares? The details will be in my goodbye letters.
Still, I get your point.
Waiting is certainly hard. I was supposed to ctb on January, 21st but I won't be able too. My dad needs me more than ever.

W

WaitingForTheBusInTh

Student
Nov 18, 2020
I just don't care about the repercussions. I'll be gone, who cares? The details will be in my goodbye letters.
Still, I get your point.
Waiting is certainly hard. I was supposed to ctb on January, 21st but I won't be able too. My dad needs me more than ever.
That must've been really tough to postpone your date for family, but you have my respect for doing so. Aparently someone my mom knew just passed so hopefully 4 months will be enough time in between. Havent been able to see her since November
Leave a scheduled note on Facebook or something?
I plan to include it with the note I leave with my body.
When I went off sick from work in July with anxiety and depression I felt it was really important they understood it wasn't due to covid, I'd been ill for much longer. I didn't want them to think I just wasn't coping with the current situation. So I completely understand.
Did you get any sick pay? At my current job theres no sick pay so I cant take time off even though I can barely make it through a day. Need to save up as much money as possible so my mom can pay off her debts when I'm gone

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife