N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Today is the day. It is always shocking to hear how many people smoke cigarettes. In the news they said 1/3 of the people over 14 years in my country smoke cigarettes. I can't really relate to them. I am very anti-drugs anyway. I was always aware about the dangers. And yes my genes are also very vulnerable for the influence of drugs. Though my abstinence did not help. Other traumaztizing things triggered my illnesses.
One person once argumented why he started smoking. It was peer pressure when he was a teenager. And he said basically smoking cigarettes is not worth anything. It is just like burning your money. A useless addiction.

I never understood why so many decide to do it. I think most is peer pressure. I was always very opposed to peer pressure. Smoking cigarettes smells horrible and it makes it more difficult to find a partner ( I assume). I never was scared about the fact that it reduces your life span. But it can cause so much more. The pictures of cancer are nightmarish, men can get impotent, embryos become disabled and even passive smoking can have a horrible impact. And I don't want to waste my money on an addiction.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere, TheSoulless and Rogue Proxy
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Smokers know all those things but they often start early and addiction is a beast. If I stop smoking for three days I become practically catatonic.

Nicotine feels amazing once you're hooked, that's the problem. You can't concentrate or feel even remotely normal once you're in deep enough and attempt to go without. You basically have a new normal once you start smoking and depriving yourself afterwards renders you pretty much nonfunctional.

If I could stop I would, and have attempted many times. But the lure always becomes too much in the end.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
HI! I am 66, a huge reference point for my post, as I had a friend at 54 and another one at 56 died from double lung cancer from smoking those damn cigarettes.

Everyone has their own vices, BUT with so darn much knowledge of what those damn cancer sticks do, why do folks not only still smoke them, but I have run into so, so many who are smug and condescending as they light up another one of those damn things.

The 54-year-old spent the last month in a hospital and the last 2 weeks, he was tied down to the hospital bed with straps with a oxygen tube down his windpipe. He sometimes would not get enough oxygen and his body would violently trash around like a fish out of water, what a hell of a way to go, broke my heart seeing him in that condition.

The 56-year-old did not "feel well" and he went to a doctor and found out that he had double lung cancer that had spread everywhere. He went right to hospice care and lasted 2 weeks and died.

Yes, everyone has their own vices, but when something is a 99% proven death sentence, why in heavens name do it? I will never ever understand it.

I miss both of them a lot and that was over a decade ago, and they were my really good friends, and they are gone because of those damn cancer sticks.

Walter

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless