• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

fromdo

Feb 4, 2024
I was happy at the same employer for a long time.

Got laid off. Found a new job. New boss hates me and every day I wonder if today is the day I get fired.

Been trying to go back to old employer the whole time.

Found out that it's not going to happen. Someone high up who doesn't even know me isn't letting anyone hire me.

So my biggest hope is gone and I'm back to suffering while I try to find a job somewhere else but I'm not even sure what else I want.

I don't want to die, and I have no plans to, but I'm so tired of living that I sometimes think it would sure be easier to be dead, and I can't even complain about it without maybe getting locked up, which would just make me even more miserable.

Anyways, thanks for listening.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_, ForgottenAgain, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
Sorry to hear you've experienced that, layoffs are rough. Do you feel like there is anything you are able to take away from dealing with the old employer or why the new boss has issues with you or is it all more just circumstantial?

F

fromdo

Feb 4, 2024
I'd feel less crazy if I could figure it out or find a lesson to learn.

I think everyone at old job who worked with me likes me.

I think everyone at new job except the boss likes me.

My past bosses have always loved me. It just doesn't make sense and I don't know what to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
I'd feel less crazy if I could figure it out or find a lesson to learn.

I think everyone at old job who worked with me likes me.

I think everyone at new job except the boss likes me.

My past bosses have always loved me. It just doesn't make sense and I don't know what to do.
From my outside view, its seems like you've run into some bad luck and 1 person not liking you out of many is great, it's just unlucky that person is your boss. You'll unfortunately run into bosses who have no place leading others and it seems like you may be in that situation now. I see no issue with continuing to look for another opportunity while you're at this job, there's plenty of good reasons to make a lateral move and finding a positive workplace environment is at the top of the list imo.

_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
I'm sorry OP. Work stress is horrible. I hate work - well, I like to do and make things, but I hate the structure and forced interpersonal stuff of work. It sucks to not be able to work a job you like - they're so hard to find.

Your current situation with an unpleasant boss sounds like a lot to handle. I'd have a hard time with that.

I hope that the tides turn for you soon and that you get to a work environment that suits you. 💖🫂

jarik

jarik

Student
Jun 12, 2024
Work condemns you by promising us money but taking your physical and mental health