derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
So I've avoided ever actually paying for a premium ai subscription but I caved and got chatgpt plus for a month to test it out. I can already tell I'll keep using it. The ability to upload the documents I'm working on and have it analyze and answer questions is going to save me soooo much time. I've also noticed the legal research on the plus model is a lot more reliable.

I'm also going to use it to practice my Korean during my commute.

The goal is to lower the amount of time I actually spend working. (Despite my sitting atop the throne as King Normie of this website, I'm actually pretty anti-work by the average person standards. I just acknowledge that it's needed to get to the good parts of life. I'm aware of the machine and the unfairness and the pitfalls of society and capitalism yada yada.)

So, I wanted to open a thread for discussing possible AI/GPT uses for cutting down on work. I'd really like something of an assistant that can keep track of my cases and deadlines. I'm guessing copilot would be the recommendation for that but I'm only paying for one at a time. Anyone have any ideas or know any good apps/extensions?

• Love
Reactions: LifeQuitter, Jarni, DefinitelyReady and 1 other person
Downdraft

Downdraft

Alive and kicking btw
Feb 6, 2024
According to the website, none, and you're a monster for not doing your work with shovel & pickaxe despite work apparently being bad.

• Yay!
Reactions: DefinitelyReady and derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
According to the website, none, and you're a monster for not doing your work with shovel & pickaxe despite work apparently being bad.
The only way to live a good and virtuous life without being a sheep unaware they are in the matrix is to stay home, unemployed, and let your (wealthy) family take care of you while you refresh forums all day.

For those of us who are the sheep, supposedly, I think it's fine to use the tools at our disposal to cut down on work.

• Yay!
Reactions: LifeQuitter, DefinitelyReady and GuessWhosBack
Downdraft

Downdraft

Alive and kicking btw
Feb 6, 2024
For those of us who are the sheep, supposedly, I think it's fine to use the tools at our disposal to cut down on work.
I agree, I worked at a small company with it and can tell our life was much easier thanks to it. No longer journeys of hours writing and reviewing the same code while keeping the human interaction. It also made it possible no longer needing insane time to get the product done. It was pretty good ngl.

Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
Yes, I really like AI, it makes no sense to do something without its help. To give ideas in the discussion or just give a little direction in the search of articles on Google scholar, it doesn't matter. I use it mostly for medical research (I can't work because of my severe illness from Covid), I see a lot of flaws in its operation and it always forgets the basic information of the previous message(s), but it remains an impressive and very useful thing. Which requires a lot of thought and attention when using it.

Reactions: derpyderpins