• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

Sailfisher

F’ing A
Apr 19, 2019
Anyone else here due to career or job-related stress, bad decisions in employment choices, etc?

I would love to hear your story.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, AnnaJaspers and AngelGirl
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
Anyone else here due to career or job-related stress, bad decisions in employment choices, etc?

I would love to hear your story.

I initially thought you were looking for a job as a "CTB reason" - that raised my interest.
Someone who professionally drives people into deadly depression, sort of a psychological hitman ?
Cool, I thought... and now you tell me coworkers are the killers.
Sorry, I've been self-employed almost all my life.

LaBrava

LaBrava

Experienced
May 5, 2019
Yes, work is the big one for me. All my life I've found every job I've ever had stressful and have struggled and messed up a lot. I was a library manager for many years, which for me had a lot of stresses due to difficult colleagues and spending cuts, worries about job loss etc. I moved to a job at a university a couple of years ago which was hellish and toxic and I had to quit before I had a breakdown. Now I'm in a hellish miniumum wage retail job which is even worse. I just found a job ad for a public library job near me, which closes in a few days and I've got a crazy work schedule this week and kind of trying to get an application in. But I just know that if I got that job it would be a bit better and better paid but the same stress and depression would soon return because of the same old job stresses. I just don't know if I want to keep doing this. I haven't been able to buy my own home by this late stage in my life so I may never be able to retire. For others they seem to be able to deal with nightmare bosses and job stress, but for me it's just unbearable.

• Hugs
Reactions: exhausted, Wolfjob_dayjob, AnnaJaspers and 5 others
restingspot

restingspot

Lucid Dreamer
May 30, 2019
Yes, work is the big one for me. All my life I've found every job I've ever had stressful and have struggled and messed up a lot. I was a library manager for many years, which for me had a lot of stresses due to difficult colleagues and spending cuts, worries about job loss etc. I moved to a job at a university a couple of years ago which was hellish and toxic and I had to quit before I had a breakdown. Now I'm in a hellish miniumum wage retail job which is even worse. I just found a job ad for a public library job near me, which closes in a few days and I've got a crazy work schedule this week and kind of trying to get an application in. But I just know that if I got that job it would be a bit better and better paid but the same stress and depression would soon return because of the same old job stresses. I just don't know if I want to keep doing this. I haven't been able to buy my own home by this late stage in my life so I may never be able to retire. For others they seem to be able to deal with nightmare bosses and job stress, but for me it's just unbearable.
Buying a house is a giant scam, anyway in my opinion. I feel for you on the retail experience. It's not fun, and every single worker deserves to get paid more for all the shit they experience what with the customers.

Me personally, if I ever become independent (not holding high hopes for this one..No matter what I do I just end up back at my parent's), will save up to get a few acres, get one of those tiny mobile homes (don't have a lot of possessions and have no need for material things, easy to fix once you build it, and can drive around with it if you need to move), some livestock, and just live there. Definitely easier said than done, but it's the only thing in life that I'm genuinely motivated to pursue.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and not_a_robot
cryptic_cynic

cryptic_cynic

Degenerate
Jul 8, 2019
I'm not capable of working enough to make enough money to afford housing...so I'm pretty much doomed to homelessness and poverty...which is one of the reasons I don't want to live. Before I became homeless the first time, I had absolutely no idea how horrible homelessness actually is. And I already had all kinds of issues before, but adding homelessness on top of everything else is just too much to bear.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, AnnaJaspers, StillWaiting and 4 others
V

vulturecyclop

May 23, 2019
For sure. I graduated three years ago with an useless degree, and right after finishing my dad got relocated to another country. Waiting for work visa+ gettingn employment in a completely new country with zero connections= Horrible stressful mess. Not to mention I have no useful skills and the job market is pathetic, wages are low and upward mobility almost nonexistent. I need to either go back to school...or I don't even know what I should do...The only reason I'd ever want to work is to provide financially to my future husband and kids. But, I've never wanted to pass down my genetics and love only ends in misery. So why should I even try to get a job now when my future is bleak no matter what? It's all tiresome and meaningless to me.

What about you?

sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
This definitely wouldn't be an honorable reason to kill yourself. In.. my opinion of course. Get a new job. Fuckin work at McDonald's if you're happier without your last career. There are other options, whether or not they sound fun.

xx

M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
It's my inability to work that makes me want to ctb. I feel useless.

Reactions: exhausted, Wolfjob_dayjob, valentine and 1 other person
ReverendGreen

ReverendGreen

Sleepy
Jun 27, 2019
Working two minimum wage jobs isn't the only thing pushing me to CTB but it doesn't help. Especially knowing these jobs are the best I can do with myself and that I'm going to be trapped in them for the rest of my life.

mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I haven't been able to work in years. At school I always failed. I worked for a bit in retail/hospitality. I was happy to have a job and be working, even if it isn't very impressive. Now being 28 without a career is unacceptable to me.

Reactions: AnnaJaspers
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Similar. Anxiety, depression and autism make it impossible for me to navigate "normal" work environments. Am finally NEET but the pressure and vulnerability that causes is honestly just as bad as any work environment ever was. Need to CTB for any possibility of peace. Life is just the endless hell of other peoples' bullshit.

Reactions: Numbtopain97, exhausted, AnnaJaspers and 2 others
StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
Knowing that it is impossible for me to work normally like how most people due to anxiety and not being able to find any energy to get things done, is one reason why ctb is the only way out.
The thought of working until either have enough money to retire or till the day I die is just insane. I need to get out of this living hell becoming becoming a wage slave.

• Hugs
Reactions: exhausted, not_a_robot, AnnaJaspers and 1 other person