B

BlueLeaf

Dec 24, 2022
Hi there,

I'm wondering if there are any hobby specific groups online specifically for depression.

For example, I've tried really hard using Google the search engine to try to find if there are any groups for depressed programmers (virtual or physical) currently not in the workforce or students in their summer break etc to do collaborative programming or just to chat like a meetup or maybe to go through some resource individually but have someone to talk to about eg buddies.

There are plenty of meetups for programming
  • specifically for students (who are currently studying) doesn't help if on study hiatus.
  • For minority groups eg for Women.
  • Meetups re discussing features of languages
  • Beginner programming groups
  • Occasional hackathon (Basially a time limited period to work with people to create a product usually over a weekend -but if your concentration fluctuates and anxious and not at the top of the game it isn't helpful)

Anyway is there any place generally for depression people online to propose and create such groups/networks for hobbies and not for trolls or people without lived experience of depression to barge in.

Thanks.

R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
I have no idea if there are specific groups. But maybe you can find programers in www-groups for depressive people and you make a thread like this one? Maybe you make a anonym post on a online oder offline board in the university? And then open your own group. I am absolutely sure there are depressive programers outside!!! You "only" have to find them... :-/ I like your idea very much and I really hope you can find some good people!!