InLoveWithAGhost

InLoveWithAGhost

Jan 20, 2023
I've been trying to cut off the people close to me. I don't know what to do about my family, but I have some time. I need to wait until the pain of what I've done to my former friends fades from their minds. I don't know how long that's going to take, I just need them to stop caring about me or be glad that I die. Not sure how to get family to stop giving a shit. They'll get exasperated with me but then come back the next day and try again. I still live with my parents because I'm a parasite that can't keep a job without having a mental breakdown. Any tips are appreciated.

Reactions: GreenMarsh
AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
It took years, but eventually people stopped trying to reach me. It's not like I wanted to shut myself off from my friends, but it was more about not being well enough to talk to anyone.

Reactions: InLoveWithAGhost
GreenMarsh

GreenMarsh

Oct 17, 2023
Hey OP, I have my 2 cents to share here,

Firstly, a question. It's just for curiosity and you don't have to answer and can ignore it; why do you cut off the people in your life? Is it because you'd feel unable to CTB if you knew they were there for you? Or is it because you feel is the right thing to do?

Secondly, I don't think you can stop your parents from caring. If there's one thing this ideology teaches us, is that some people's mindset is so fixed, there's no point in changing it, but they can accept it, even if they don't like the idea. It's sort of how we live with the fact that pineapple on pizza is gross, but we accept some people will eat it regardless, and try our best to move on.

However, while everyone has the ABILITY to accept, not everyone WANTS to, and so in that case, it might just be better to go through with what you're planning regardless. At the end of the day, your pain takes priority over their own feelings about your death

InLoveWithAGhost

InLoveWithAGhost

Jan 20, 2023
Hey OP, I have my 2 cents to share here,

Firstly, a question. It's just for curiosity and you don't have to answer and can ignore it; why do you cut off the people in your life? Is it because you'd feel unable to CTB if you knew they were there for you? Or is it because you feel is the right thing to do?
To be honest, part of it is because a lot of my friends are about as mentally ill as I am. If they learn about me dying, or if they care about me dying, it'd probably set off a chain reaction that I don't want to be responsible for. Hence the attempt to distance myself before CTB.
Secondly, I don't think you can stop your parents from caring. If there's one thing this ideology teaches us, is that some people's mindset is so fixed, there's no point in changing it, but they can accept it, even if they don't like the idea. It's sort of how we live with the fact that pineapple on pizza is gross, but we accept some people will eat it regardless, and try our best to move on.

However, while everyone has the ABILITY to accept, not everyone WANTS to, and so in that case, it might just be better to go through with what you're planning regardless. At the end of the day, your pain takes priority over their own feelings about your death
You're probably right. I hate to say it, but they're probably going to be hurt by this unavoidably.

Reactions: GreenMarsh
GreenMarsh

GreenMarsh

Oct 17, 2023
To be honest, part of it is because a lot of my friends are about as mentally ill as I am. If they learn about me dying, or if they care about me dying, it'd probably set off a chain reaction that I don't want to be responsible for. Hence the attempt to distance myself before CTB.

You're probably right. I hate to say it, but they're probably going to be hurt by this unavoidably.
It's true that we can't control how people think after all. At the very least, if you can come to terms with this compromise, it'll be easier on you. Best of luck, may you find the peace you are looking for.

Reactions: InLoveWithAGhost