Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
It is Thanksgiving and Friendsgiving, but I don't have much to be thankful for. Is that a bad thing that I can't see much to be happy about? It hurts to see so many people demanding us have a reason to be thankful, but I can't think of anything to be thankful for. What is there really?

"I'm thankful for my bed?" Oh, but that's just a re-enforcement of my laziness. "I'm thankful for my art." Oh, well I'm a narcissist if I say that because my art isn't that good to be professional. "I'm thankful for my therapist?" Oh, I'm playing favourites and I'm only happy about that because she takes my side. I can't say nothing, because that means I'm selfish. If I lie, they'll say the internet made me do it. What do I do? I can't win.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Praestat_Mori, ijustwishtodie and 3 others
U

user56765567

In recovery and getting help
Oct 1, 2023
I don't see it as a bad thing if your just being honest with yourself. I think that's really the only thing I can be thankful for myself is just my honesty and awareness to my own situation in life. I just hate how unaware, out of touch, ignorant, and hypocritical my family seem to be around these holiday times. There nothing wrong with being thankful about the things you wanna be thankful for and not finding much to be thankful for either just be true to yourself.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and 2 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Sorry you're going through this.
I guess the less we have to be thankful about, then the less we have to lose.
I don't believe I have anything to be thankful for because I never wanted this life anyway.
But I'm just a miserable bastard I guess.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Praestat_Mori and user56765567
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
I don't have much of anything to lose then

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and WAITING TO DIE
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'm thankful that I wasn't born in an era where biological immortality has been developed and where humans forcibly impose said biological immortality upon everybody born due to how pro life they are.

...not that I could say this to anybody either which reinforces your point.

I don't know why but I got a feeling that people are looking for cliché answers. Like "I'm thankful to be alive" or "I'm thankful to be with a good family/loved one" or "I'm thankful about my career" etc etc.

Oh, also, you can never win with people. They'll always look for a way to degrade what you say. You can't be too confident or else they'll say you're a show off. You can't be too insecure or they'll make fun of you for that. Essentially, no matter what you say, you'll always have people who oppose you. It's best to not participate in the first place

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, Twntysix, LoiteringClouds and 1 other person
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
Even if you try to avoid everything, they'll drag you in anyway

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, Praestat_Mori and ijustwishtodie
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
I'm not thankful for anything in this existence. I want to get rid of this existence.
It could be worse. It's limitless how bad things could get. I'm thankful for it not being even worse I guess.
Oh I'm thankful that there's no one dragging me into answering this stupid question for their stupid festival.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and Twntysix
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
Yes
Who's they? General society?
That yes was for this btw
I'm not thankful for anything in this existence. I want to get rid of this existence.
It could be worse. It's limitless how bad things could get. I'm thankful for it not being even worse I guess.
Oh I'm thankful that there's no one dragging me into answering this stupid question for their stupid festival.
Honestly, yeah. Woes on the holidays be a thing

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
I don't deserve anything good whatsoever. I suck so much. Thanksgiving is just an overwhelming holiday. I wish I can get knocked out into a coma.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and Twntysix