T

thats_a_wrap

Jun 1, 2020
Anyone else hate being in family group gatherings? 1 at a time I can tolerate my family members, but in a group it's too much so i avoid those situations. I don't fully understand why, other than the intense anxiety and depression it seems to trigger, because they're all mostly nice people and luckily my family were loving growing up. Being the youngest of 4 I always felt not good enough. I did have a rocky relationship with my dad but things are ok now. 10 years ago my parents split which was really hard and I think things never felt the same since then.

I feel like distancing and withdrawing from them not only makes it easier to get by day to day but also somehow makes it easier to CTB. I still feel so much guilt for wanting to CTB though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Shotgunjohn, NodusTollens, sadworld and 2 others
T

TheWhiskyTheLiar

Sep 18, 2020
I'm completly estranged from my family.

My advice is- if they're toxic? Cut the fuckers out.

If they're not? Love them with everything you have. If you don't ctb- would you regret limiting contact? Those are big decisions.

From the guilt you express it sounds like it may be the depression rather than your actual feelings on them.

Be mindful of your bridges and don't torch them on a whim.

I hope you're ok x

Reactions: thats_a_wrap, Shotgunjohn, NodusTollens and 1 other person
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
When it comes to my family, I feel more of the anxiety than depression..
Usually when I drove to my family, my mother calls everyone to meet me and it get's soo full. I already said them that I would just drive to my aunt etc. separately but then my mother says that I shouldn't do that because it's a waste of money.

Maybe you could try some excuses to get a little break from them.
If you don't have a job, then say that you got a job interview somewhere.

I usually say that I have to drive into the town and get some supplies in a hardware store for some "garden project" that I'm apparently working on and then I visit my family members individually.

Reactions: sadworld
M

mapletree

Student
Aug 22, 2020
I'm a medical worker and possible virus bomb at the moment so I can't see my family for the holidays even if I wanted to. I'm pretty much in solitary confinement outside of clinic/hospital

I love my (small) family but Holidays make me sad so it's better I'm not around them I guess. Being around them is just spreading my depression around

Reactions: LunarPyotr and sadworld