caligula

caligula

DE MYSTERIIS DOM SATHANAS
Jun 24, 2020
I recently (about a week ago) went cold turkey off one of my medications (Abilify) because the drug made me feel like an absolute zombie. I couldn't get out of bed until at least noon, and couldn't do basic daily functions. I can't tell if I was more suicidal then or now. I'm not 100% sure if withdrawing from this medicine causes suicidal thoughts to get worse but boy oh boy I've been thinking about it a lot more recently. I have SN sitting in my room right now and for some reason I just haven't tried catching a bus yet. It makes me feel like a coward, because I know for a fact this is how my life will end. Either that or an accidental drug overdose.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: SuicideAwaits, Astral316, Fin and 1 other person
killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
Last edited:
Reactions: SuicideAwaits, caligula and strangeceleste
caligula

caligula

Jun 24, 2020
Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs can definitely be really hard and cause a bunch of horrible symptoms like suicidal thoughts, do you think reinstating and tapering slowly could help you reduce the withdrawal?
I'd rather bleed out slowly than be back on that medicine. I've had my fair share of meds with horrible side effects, and this one is by far the worst. I'm not sure if putting myself back on it and then tapering off would be worth it, esp with the time frame (Tapering would take a few months according to my doctor). I think the withdraws only last 2 weeks and I've lived through one, but it still sucks regardless ):

• Hugs
Reactions: strangeceleste
killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
I'd rather bleed out slowly than be back on that medicine. I've had my fair share of meds with horrible side effects, and this one is by far the worst. I'm not sure if putting myself back on it and then tapering off would be worth it, esp with the time frame (Tapering would take a few months according to my doctor). I think the withdraws only last 2 weeks and I've lived through one, but it still sucks regardless ):
Ohhh I see yeah, I was also cold turkey'ed and it caused me to become severely suicidal and disabled but I also rather not reinstate lol. I hope you feel better soon :( this drugs are poison

Reactions: caligula
strangeceleste

strangeceleste

Don’t believe everything you think
Mar 2, 2021
Hi sweetness, I am so so so sorry to hear that. I also came off Abilify on my own suddenly, and I can't lie, it was hell, but better than the side effects. I was later put on lamotrigine but I did not find it worked for me, but it helps some people. Every day is such a struggle, and my suicidal thoughts are terrifying at times. I don't want to be on any meds, so catching the bus is most likely how I'll go too, but I wish I was in a horrible accident or had a terminal physical illness. Feel free to message about anything, sending love and wishing you comfort

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: caligula and Fin
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
It's actually very common to experience suicidal thoughts when withdrawing from psychiatric drugs, or addictive drugs in general, antipsychotics cause dependence. But these thoughts usually go away, or at least become less intrusive with time for most people, depending on how long was their treatment.

I know it's hard, but try to wait a few days, then you can see how your mood changes. It's definitely worth it, these drugs can really turn you into a shell of the person you were before.
Some years ago I experiences withdrawal from SSRI drugs. and the cognitive symptom like the ones you mention were killing me.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: strangeceleste and caligula
Into The Void

Into The Void

Student
Mar 10, 2021
None of us should give motivation to you to CTB. But what I can say is that me personally I need to be 100 percent sure I wanna CTB before I can attempt. Meaning the motivation for me to CTB would only come after I've made up my mind. And the best way for me to make up my mind is to try everything I can to get better and if all else fails then it's easy to CTB.

Edit: and right along with that would be making sure my method is thorough and painless.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: caligula, Astral316 and strangeceleste
Trisolaris

Trisolaris

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
From general knowledge and my experience, any withdrawal from psych meds should be done gradually. I know it's tempting to go cold turkey but it's really not advisable.

Reactions: Skathon and caligula
B

Belle1990

Jan 31, 2021
I went cold turkey from olanzapine and diazepam as worried well still am about what's in any medication from big pharma level and got to say I was physically ill for about two weeks. Dizziness, sickness, headaches and just feeling generally off all the time. Mentally sent my anxiety, obsessions and bad thoughts through the roof. I struggle everyday still but with one less added worry of the poison that was inside me.
Wouldn't recommend if can be helped... Do gradually and with support of your healthcare professionals.

• Love
Reactions: caligula
caligula

caligula

Jun 24, 2020
None of us should give motivation to you to CTB. But what I can say is that me personally I need to be 100 percent sure I wanna CTB before I can attempt. Meaning the motivation for me to CTB would only come after I've made up my mind. And the best way for me to make up my mind is to try everything I can to get better and if all else fails then it's easy to CTB.

Edit: and right along with that would be making sure my method is thorough and painless.
i am absolutely 100% sure i want to CTB, but for some reason i just haven't don't it yet. very sorry for breaking that rule. i think im afraid of being found and getting sent to a hospital, especially going to another psych ward