N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
Let's say average life quality of people in your home country. A comparison with the world population would be stupid. We are adapted to our standards from our childhood and environment. It is always relative and we compare us with our peers.

So I ask for three numbers:
1. With how much life quality would you really want to live
2. How much life quality would be enough not to kill yourself?
3. And maybe third how life quality do you currently have?

Of course this is not really empirical and not scientifical at all.

1. 90% would be enough for me. I don't hate life.
2. 65% maybe not sure
3. I have maybe like 35% of life quality. (due to holidays) I have my material needs fulfiled. I have a lot of freetime. There are some things I enjoy. But my life quality will decline again. I think I once was close to 0%. And due to the fact my illness is chronical, my financial resources and support decline. And hell on earth will await me I gonna kill myelf eventually. I think if my life continues like that I will have in coming decades a life quality of maybe 5-10%. Past therapists thought I will kill myself in case I don't get a stable income and well I think they are right with that.

Cage

Cage

Unwitting Baas
Sep 18, 2023
I'd confidently say I easily have 90% life quality right now, and yet I still want to CTB precisely because my life is too good for someone like me. I've never been useful to society. I've always been mentally, emotionally and physically behind, I've frustrated everyone in my life with my lack of success, talent and communication skills, and I just can't envision myself as a successful person with lots of responsibilities and relationships and all that good stuff that makes a person productive and useful to society. And if someone as privileged and spoiled as me can't find any reason to achieve success, then there's really no point in being alive anyway since I'm just leeching off the blood and sweat of others.

So really, no quality of life this way or that way could possibly dissuade me from CTB. I think some of us just know deep down that we're not meant to be a part of this society, regardless of how much or little we're given, and that the world would ultimately benefit even just a little bit from our nonexistence.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Forever Sleep and IfyouareamanWinston
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I see it as always being preferable to not exist regardless of the circumstances, existence is just unnecessary, doesn't interest me and will always be something so harmful no matter what. Existence is not something of any quality to me, it was never something worth enduring in the first place and under no circumstances could I ever wish to decay from age in this cruel and meaningless existence, the thought of such a thing terrifies me. Only nothingness appeals to me, I could never be satisfied with existing.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I'd confidently say I easily have 90% life quality right now, and yet I still want to CTB precisely because my life is too good for someone like me. I've never been useful to society. I've always been mentally, emotionally and physically behind, I've frustrated everyone in my life with my lack of success, talent and communication skills, and I just can't envision myself as a successful person with lots of responsibilities and relationships and all that good stuff that makes a person productive and useful to society. And if someone as privileged and spoiled as me can't find any reason to achieve success, then there's really no point in being alive anyway since I'm just leeching off the blood and sweat of others.

So really, no quality of life this way or that way could possibly dissuade me from CTB. I think some of us just know deep down that we're not meant to be a part of this society, regardless of how much or little we're given, and that the world would ultimately benefit even just a little bit from our nonexistence.
Are we obligated to participate in and contribute to society though? Why must our existence be "productive" or "useful"? We had no say in our existence or being here on this earth, so why must we be "useful" to society? There is no meaning to life anyways…why must one be "productive"? Society is not nice to neurodivergent people either, we'll never fit in how much we try. Why should I have to participate in a game or system that wasn't built or meant for me? My past attempts have only resulted in failure, I'll never thrive in it, or succeed. I wasn't meant to be a part of society, and therefore I don't see any obligation or reason to contribute to it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Cage

Cage

Unwitting Baas
Sep 18, 2023
Are we obligated to participate and contribute to society though? Why must our existence be "productive"?
Because we live in a system founded on the exploitation of a large, working, powerless underclass. They are the reason people like me have the opportunity to coast aimlessly through life, and I've given pretty much nothing in return. When I do die it'll be one less useless mouth for them to feed.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Because we live in a system founded on the exploitation of a large, working, powerless underclass. They are the reason people like me have the opportunity to coast aimlessly through life, and I've given pretty much nothing in return. When I do die it'll be one less useless mouth for them to feed.
Why should you have to give anything in return though? Nobody asked to be here or exist on this planet anyways…I'm just saying. And honestly I wish I could escape the system. Don't you wish that capitalism would be dismantled instead? Don't you wish that the system would reform for the better, and that people wouldn't have to work just to live and survive on this earth? I hate the idea that people are just wage slaves forced to work 40+ years until death. This seems dystopian to me. We honestly live in a dystopia. Don't you wish that others didn't have to be exploited? I can't understand why no one has tried to reform or change this system yet.

And the fact is that most people who are working aren't even happy, they're stuck in dead end jobs living paycheck to paycheck. I bet that if you gave them the option to stop working, they gladly would. Nobody actually enjoys working, they just do because they're forced to. Honestly, I hate the state of our current late-stage capitalistic society.

Why don't you try to reform the system instead of ctb'ing? The system is messed up, and there needs to be change. Capitalism is literally on the verge of collapse, I think more and more people are waking up to the fact that life under capitalism is not a way to live. People aren't even living, they're just existing. Idk just a thought…

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Cage

Cage

Unwitting Baas
Sep 18, 2023
Why should you have to give anything in return though? Nobody asked to be here or exist on this planet anyways…I'm just saying. And honestly I wish I could escape the system. Don't you wish that capitalism would be dismantled instead? Don't you wish that the system would reform for the better, and that people wouldn't have to work just to live and survive on this earth? I hate the idea that people are just wage slaves forced to work 40+ years until death. This seems dystopian to me. We honestly live in a dystopia. Don't you wish that others didn't have to be exploited? I can't understand why no one has tried to reform or change this system yet. And the fact is that most people who are working aren't even happy, they're stuck in dead end jobs living paycheck to paycheck. I bet that if you gave them the option to stop working, they gladly would. Nobody actually enjoys working, they just do because they're forced to. Honestly, I hate the state of our current late-stage capitalistic society
You're doing injustice to the harder working and less fortunate people of the world by not giving something in return. It's better to die than to metaphorically spit on all their blood, sweat and tears. If any of the indentured wage slaves of the Global South knew who I was they would surely wish death upon me too for how I've turned out.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
You're doing injustice to the harder working and less fortunate people of the world by not giving something in return. It's better to die than to metaphorically spit on all their blood, sweat and tears. If any of the indentured wage slaves of the Global South knew who I was they would surely death upon me too for how I've turned out.
I guess so….by the way it's interesting that you not being able to contribute to the system is making you want to ctb. For me it's the fact of having to participate in the system. I don't want to be another wage slave to capitalism, forced to slave and work away my life just so others can profit off of me and get richer and richer.

I would rather die than have to be a part of this system. I just think that there's no freedom, you're tied down to a job for the rest of your life. I want to be free and live alone in the mountains, far away from society, but unfortunately everything in this world costs money. You even have to buy the land…

Also I never even wanted to be a human being in the first place! Honestly, I've never even felt like a human. I feel like an alien, and ever since I was little I wanted to be a cat. I hate the fact that I have to participate in society and that I'll have to work just to survive, and the fact that I'll have to make my own living. I want out of this hellhole. If I could successfully ctb, I would gladly do it

Btw sorry for the rant

Last edited:
Cage

Cage

Unwitting Baas
Sep 18, 2023
I guess so….by the way it's interesting that you not being able to contribute to the system is making you want to ctb. For me it's the fact of having to participate in the system. I don't want to be another wage slave to capitalism, forced to slave and work away my life just so others can profit off of me and get richer and richer.

I would rather die than have to be a part of this system. I just think that there's no freedom, you're tied down to a job for the rest of your life. I want to be free and live alone in the mountains, far away from society, but unfortunately everything in this world costs money. You even have to buy the land…

Also I never even wanted to be a human being in the first place! I've never even felt like a human for most of my life. I feel like an alien, and ever since I was little I wanted to be a cat. I hate the fact that I have to participate in society and that I'll have to work just to survive, and the fact that I'll have to make my own living. I want out of this hellhole. If I could successfully ctb, I would gladly do it

Btw sorry for the rant
No you're fine, I feel the same way too for the most part actually. I don't see the point in participating in the society we currently have, but at the same time my inability to contribute makes me feel at odds with everyone else who is forced to do so.

There just isn't any place for me to fit in or any side for me to take. Natural selection weeds out the undesirables and I'd say I'm just another undesirable.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
No you're fine, I feel the same way too for the most part actually. I don't see the point in participating in the society we currently have, but at the same time my inability to contribute makes me feel at odds with everyone else who is forced to do so.

There just isn't any place for me to fit in or any side for me to take. Natural selection weeds out the undesirables and I'd say I'm just another undesirable.
Same, I'm also an undesirable as well….I've never fit into society either. But why don't we try to change it instead? Honestly I wish I could, but I don't have the power to do so. Also I'm in the minority, and neurotypical people are in the majority. I wish that neurodivergent people could have their own society, hopefully one that is more understanding, and one that we actually fit into. It's so hard being an alien on this earth…

Last edited: