Deleted member 17331

Deleted member 17331

The swan sang with a broken neck
Apr 21, 2020
Some time ago, I was thinking about writing a book or translating some works from other countries into my mother tongue. It was something that excited me a lot and I confess that came to feel the pleasure of breathing.

But it ended quickly, I fell into a hole. Perhaps, called "reality".

My country is filled with goofs and taken over by a completely archaic common sense. I believe that I would be killed or would do a lot of damage to my family if I published my book. The books that dominate my country's library shelves are cliché and pathetic bestsellers, political 'philosophy' (dog VS cat), ridiculous self-help books ("You are strong, SMILE. After the storm, comes the rainbow"), and books written by coaches who always say the same fucked up shit. It's chaos. The few people who like to read in my country are disconnected and hate things called "science" and "philosophy".

Having a wise or even rational perception is a reason for attack and death. Crowds of people seized by hatred hunt the minority of the few people who face them bringing knowledge. Anyone who has useful and meaningful ideas here is simply hunted and killed.

Nobody cares, nobody wants to care, as long as the 'antichrist' is dead.

I stopped to observe, humanity was often surrounded by hatred, making the same mistakes as in the past. Walking in circles.

Where's that thing called "conscience"?

Where is the conscience in so many repetitive acts and in the immense will for destruction?

I can only feel my fall.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Silvermorning, Deleted member 4993, Hear My Bus a Comin and 14 others
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Im sorry.. I thought they actualy still burn people somewhere.. I was planing to go there with some weird book and start chanting prayers on different language..

But its true, if something or someone is different in any way, its most likely gonna be shuned away

Reactions: Circles and Deleted member 17331
FranCanSee

FranCanSee

Jun 9, 2020
Having a wise or even rational perception is a reason for attack and death. Crowds of people seized by hatred hunt the minority of the few people who face them bringing knowledge. Anyone who has useful and meaningful ideas here is simply hunted and killed.

The old man hears you.

Attachments

• buko3_swki.jpg
    buko3_swki.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Love
Reactions: Hear My Bus a Comin, Circles, puppy9 and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Are any religions or superstitious beliefs dominant in your country?

Reactions: Circles, _Minsk and Deleted member 17331
Deleted member 17331

Deleted member 17331

Apr 21, 2020
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Hear My Bus a Comin, Circles and 1 other person
N

Neville1

Student
Aug 26, 2019
I love your use of burning witches as a metaphor for ignorance.

Exactly the same has happened in my country. The current government leaders are very anti-science, in favor of the dominant religion, intolerant of dissenting views.

Their anti-science stand is motivared by profit and seeking power. For example, they defend unrestricted consumption of fossil fuels, denying medical care to many and high drug prices supported by monopoly profits to benefit certain economically powerful elites while impoverishing many without such power.

The covid-19 outbreak is revealing the limits of their views as they're unable to quell it while ignoring science.

Yes, each corner/street has more than three churches.
Not necessarily nationally but the same in my region and where this leadership has the most support.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Hear My Bus a Comin, Circles, FranCanSee and 1 other person
Deleted member 17331

Deleted member 17331

Apr 21, 2020
Curious as to which faiths are dominant?
The predominant religion here is Christian. This is divided into: Protestants (evangelicals), Adventists, Catholics and Jehovah's Witnesses.

There are many other religions present here, but they are frowned upon and considered a betrayal by most Christians present in my country. Ask them why, and the answers will be:

"My religion is true" and/or "The other gods are false, they were created by the enemy"...

This is not a joke, the Christian religion seems to be one of the main factors that is delaying the development of my country. Here are some quotes said by the human rights minister in my country:

"It is not politics that will change this nation, it is the evangelical church".

"Nobody is born gay, there is no scientific proof that there is a gay gene. There is no scientific proof that the gay is born gay. If it had, they would have already played in our face. Homosexuality, it is learned from birth, back in childhood. The way you deal with your child. But nobody is born gay".

"No woman wants to have an abortion", "Pregnancy is a problem that lasts only nine months" and "The woman was born to be a mother".

She also appears to be against sex education, showing a lot of outrage over education about condom use in schools. She cannot believe that sexual intercourse begins in adolescence. Yes, she simply believes that sex between young people is wrong.

These are very revolting thoughts and they are clearly archaic to me.

• Wow
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Hear My Bus a Comin, Circles and 4 others
Deleted member 17331

Deleted member 17331

Apr 21, 2020
It's hilartious: almost everything you've said matches my nation's leadership. We aren't sufficiently concerned about human rights to have an executive level post but similar ideas are expressed by cabinet members: Judeo-Christian morality is the foundation of the nation, abortion is evil (murder), sex education promotes promiscuity, descriminatiion based on sexual orientation is condoned.
I understand, it is so ridiculous that it doesn't even seem to be something real.

I am grateful for the knowledge I had at school. It was in elementary science class that I learned that I was being abused and that this was wrong. It was something that saved me.

And now I see knowledge that can save the lives of thousands of children and young people, simply be erased. This is very sad.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Hear My Bus a Comin, Circles and 4 others
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
People still literally do this in parts of the world or kill people because of absurd superstition (killing bald people because of gold in their head or something weird about dwarves).

MaisieWilliamsLover

MaisieWilliamsLover

Jun 27, 2020
The predominant religion here is Christian. This is divided into: Protestants (evangelicals), Adventists, Catholics and Jehovah's Witnesses.

There are many other religions present here, but they are frowned upon and considered a betrayal by most Christians present in my country. Ask them why, and the answers will be:

"My religion is true" and/or "The other gods are false, they were created by the enemy"...

This is not a joke, the Christian religion seems to be one of the main factors that is delaying the development of my country. Here are some quotes said by the human rights minister in my country:

"It is not politics that will change this nation, it is the evangelical church".

"Nobody is born gay, there is no scientific proof that there is a gay gene. There is no scientific proof that the gay is born gay. If it had, they would have already played in our face. Homosexuality, it is learned from birth, back in childhood. The way you deal with your child. But nobody is born gay".

"No woman wants to have an abortion", "Pregnancy is a problem that lasts only nine months" and "The woman was born to be a mother".

She also appears to be against sex education, showing a lot of outrage over education about condom use in schools. She cannot believe that sexual intercourse begins in adolescence. Yes, she simply believes that sex between young people is wrong.

These are very revolting thoughts and they are clearly archaic to me.
Well I wasn't born gay but developed bisexuality in my late 20's. I dont believe any religious nonsense though and I wont ever be shy about my atheism no matter where I am.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331