FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It just feels so delusional to me when people go on about how wanting to die is something to "recover" from, the idea that existence is something of value in the first place is certainly a delusion when in fact the existence of life is a horrific tragedy.
I could never see any value in prolonging futile unnecessary suffering when the eternity of death erases all we knew. Existence itself is the true problem and wishing to be permanently free from the burden that is having the ability to exist is all that makes sense to me.
It's disturbing how humans are capable of suffering so much and feeling so much pain, I will always see it as something so terrible to be conscious and aware of this reality, it's a curse to exist as a conscious being in this world filled with endless cruelty and suffering.

Human existence is very futile, tiresome and torturous, to me wishing to die is all that feels right to escape from all future meaningless suffering. It's insane to me how anyone believes that wanting to die is something to "recover" from as the whole idea of recovery implies that existence is something desirable in the first place, it implies that there is value in this meaningless process of slowly dying, where one is destined for nothing but to deteriorate and decay, destined for nothing but to be tormented by old age.

Existence itself is like a virus that just creates so much harm and suffering, the tragedy lies in how existence continues to be imposed. I'm always repulsed by how many humans worship what is really the true problem and act like there is something wrong when one wants to be eternally relieved from it.
Only wanting suicide feels rational to me as there could never be any benefit to existing as a human, such a thing just causes unnecessary problems and pain there was never a need for. It's delusional to wish to exist in this world where there is endless potential for suffering.

Reactions: Seered Doom and Deleted member 65988
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Humanity is fucked, no matter which way you go about it. We're going to need an uprising soon if we are to achieve any progress societally. Since that doesn't seem to be happening soon, we are doomed to repeat history. It's only going to result in bloodshed and I don't want anyone claiming my death as their victory so I will take myself out and say it's my victory instead of anyone else's.

vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
I suppose it is because there is much enjoyment and satisfaction to be found in a life well lived.

When my depression isn't bad I quite like living, love it even. Seems pretty logical to compare these two states of mind and want one over the other. Want to recover from what seems like an affliction.

• Love
Reactions: undecided
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
Existence is a trap that makes you want to stay here. It doesn't make sense to say someone has "recovered" from dying because everyone dies anyway.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc