Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
I know this might sound self centered but man, I wish I had the problems that my peers do. I wish my biggest concern was making it through college/uni or going relationship drama or dealing with mild self esteem issues or something like that.

When I look around at everyone else's lives thier problems all seem so solvable/temporary.

Mine aren't. Most of my issues are things I've been dealing with my whole life. They're things I'll probably still be dealing with until the day I die.

I get angry when people complain about thier lives. I always find myself thinking 'I wish I was like them, I wish I had problem X instead of problem Z.'

I know I shouldn't think that way (having a pissing contest over who has it worse is never productive.) And I know that sometimes people hide the deeper issue that their dealing with but a lot of the time I feel like I really can't help being envious. Some people just live shallow, relatively issue free lives. I wish I had that.

• Hugs
Reactions: evanescent, IKnowIt'sOver, cgrtt.brns and 1 other person
Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
I understand & relate to this.

The jealously is hard somedays. It's hard to hear peoples problems and also how they work through things and overcome their struggles. Am I soo happy for them? Yes. Am I jealous of the functioning & living? Yes.

I hate these feelings and want to instead focus on what I can do but ima be honest it's hard and I think these feelings are very normal within this human experience.

Everyone keeps telling me how what I am dealing with is a lot and I agree but... It validates the struggle I am having...

The concept that anyone would feel similar things if they were in my shoes. Hell they are probably happy that they aren't me. I bet I give people things to write in their gratitude journals.

Differences in issues & severity if struggles are very real. It's ok to acknowledge I think... your feelings are valid.

IKnowIt'sOver

IKnowIt'sOver

Drainer
Jun 4, 2023
Of the one or two hundred people I know well enough to understand the details of their lives, there are maybe two or three who I wouldn't switch places with if I could