Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I have two impacted wisdom teeth on both sides on the bottom and I need to contact some dentists to get them removed. Has anyone here had theirs removed and what was it like?

Where I live there are no nhs dentists so I have to pay the private prices which is rather annoying. If they need to be surgically removed it's going to cost a lot. There are options for sedation but I can't afford an extra £200 for iv sedation unfortunately. I hate the idea of going to the dentists but it's gotta be done unless I somehow manage to ctb before then.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I had my top ones removed. It was unpleasant but not that painful. Injected anesthetic at the dentist. Didn't feel any pain, but the action of taking out the tooth is quite unpleasant as you can imagine. It takes a lot of force. My dentist actually took a break half way through.
Afterwards it feels weird but again wouldn't say it was painful, just uncomfortable for a few days.
I've had another couple of teeth removed and was glad they were out. The pain from the tooth has been far greater than the discomfort of the extraction.

Reactions: Deleted member 19654
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
I think top teeth are easier to pull. How long did it take? I don't like the idea of sitting there for an hour while they are yanking on my teeth but I know it has to be done.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Yes, I think top ones are easier. It was a long time ago, I'm not certain how long it took. Wasn't long though. I had a molar out a few months ago and it was moved in seconds. Wisdom teeth will be deeper and I'll admit the crunching and pulling is distressing (sorry) but not painful. I had my last extraction whilst suffering from extreme anxiety. But it wasn't as bad as i feared tbh.
Yes, you do need to get it done, therefore do it you will and deal with the discomfort and fear. Honestly, it was very unpleasant but nowhere near as bad as I'd built it up to be and I was soooooo glad when it was done. I even asked for the teeth back, which surprised the dentist. What, like no one had ever asked for their teeth back?

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
For the tooth fairy? :pfff: If only they were real due to the amount of money I'm going to end up spending. I'm doing my best to think logically about it. I haven't always been good to my teeth and while they're not the worst, they're not perfect either. I'm sure dentists have seen way worse and won't judge too much.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I've had all four of mine out (not all at once). Each time I waited until they were causing me pain so the extractions were a relief.

Which are harder to remove is a very individual thing. The last tooth I had to have pulled was an upper molar that turned out to have roots shaped like ... broccoli or something, with bulbous tips that were a huge ordeal to remove, for both me and the dentist. He got so pale and sweaty he had to take a break after about an hour ... Hush now Soul it's over now ...

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
An hour :ohhhh: why do wisdom teeth have to exist?:pfff:

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
An hour :ohhhh: why do wisdom teeth have to exist?:pfff:
Because our natural diet would have included stuff that needed a third set of molars. Since we developed mass production and cultivation in the Neolithic we no longer need a third set and they are relics.
Yes, I knew it was a rhetorical question, but I'm a smartarse. :blarg:

Reactions: Deleted member 19654