• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Will you say goodbye to your online friends?

• Total voters
CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
Lately I have been thinking about leaving goodbye messages right before I go and also on how I should do it. I have also wondered if it's even worth the effort and I should just leave without saying anything.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Winklemate, it's_all_a_game and 1 other person
xBrialesana

xBrialesana

Become Dust With Me, My Love.
Dec 17, 2019
They're the only ones I got lol so yes.
Personally I think you should have a way for them to know so they have closure and don't worry, but that's just me. Idk how close y'all are

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Winklemate and CoolGuy9
N

nobodyspecial

Jul 10, 2021
I don't think I will. They'll know I'm gone after a couple weeks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and CoolGuy9
WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
They probably won't even notice that I'm gone tbh, no point.

• Hugs
Reactions: SuicidalAgain, Brick In The Wall and CoolGuy9
vita min

vita min

May 20, 2021
No, I'd rather be just another case of someone online who disappeared, than put more people through grief.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Winklemate, Ame and 3 others
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
kiss wizzie goodbye, meet her in hell :devil:

Reactions: CoolGuy9
Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
Like friends on here? Maybe. I got none left. On other platforms with "normal" people no. Did it before and they were just confused and told me to go to sleep :haha:

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, snxw, MellowAvenue and 1 other person
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
If I do it they'll call the police so nope. I don't like it because some of them are really important to me but I can't do anything.

• Hugs
Reactions: Null Hypothesis, Nachos, SuicidalAgain and 4 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
on my phone i actually have a note from my last "going to attempt" that says to tell them. i wouldnt tell them at the time because they care too much. but i would want them alerted

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, ImsooDone1N and CoolGuy9
CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
I can't decide if I should. I guess it's my choice and not some strangers on the internet.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and ImsooDone1N
S

suisuiforum

Experienced
Jul 4, 2021
I answered "not sure" in this survey, but come to think of it, I probably won't. Even if I was certain that people would want to know, I can't post on discord because that would potentially get servers nuked, and if I were to tell online friends through DMs, I wouldn't want them to get in trouble or get upset over it because they couldn't "stop me" or whatever. I might make a goodbye post here though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Winklemate, snxw and 3 others
CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
Interesting to see other peoples opinions on this. For me I want to do it, but I don't know if I should, because if I end up failing, I then have to deal with the annoying situation of saying I'm still here and maybe it will give them guilt over not being able to stop me. Also depending on the person, they may try to stop me by calling the cops and that adds risk.

Maybe I deserve to say my last goodbye, or maybe I'm just an idiot and I should do it alone.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Winklemate, Cant go back and 1 other person
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
No, I'd rather be just another case of someone online who disappeared, than put more people through grief.
That is why I think I won't. Better to just disappear without a trace than to give them the certainty of knowing I've died. They could imagine I've gone off to do other things.

I don't a presence online and mostly lurk anonymously on social media sites, so most people probably won't notice that I've gone, or remember me. I think it would be a bad idea to make some post announcing suicide.

There's only one place I used to frequent besides here where I would want to say anything, so I would probably just be like "Goodbye everyone, I won't be posting here any longer but thank you for all the companionship." Vague enough where it doesn't necessarily sound like I'm saying I'm going to commit suicide.

I'll definitely make a goodbye post here when the time comes.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fragile, Null Hypothesis, Brick In The Wall and 4 others
snxw

snxw

lets pretend we're numb
Apr 7, 2020
I don't have any lol

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Ame
C

Cant go back

Man, I really f****d up
Apr 15, 2021
I don't have any online friends. I may post something here but haven't decided yet. As others have said I don't want anyone interfering so i most likely won't say anything to anyone.
I also wouldn't know what to say so just easier to say nothing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and CoolGuy9
Winklemate

Winklemate

Jul 26, 2021
I'm not sure, but probably not. I've considered leaving vague goodbyes, not even to them directly but on like my profile page. Just like "It's been a fun", or maybe a little more detailed like "I've appreciated my talks on here with so and so but probably won't be back on". That way, I'm not imposing my goodbye on them, only if they care enough to check on my profile will the get the potential closure of a goodbye. In that way, it's not explicitly confirming death, and it's their choice.

Honestly though, even among IRL friends or former associates, I want as little people to know I've perished as possible. I've disconnected from most of them ages ago, so I've already disappeared from their life. I don't like the idea of them finding out I've died (particularly from suicide) since the only result of that is them getting at least mildly upset at the situation.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cant go back, CoolGuy9 and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I may drop a few vague hints but nothing concrete. The last thing I need is someone trying to be a "hero" and fucking my plans up.

Reactions: Cant go back and xBrialesana
SuicidalAgain

SuicidalAgain

Dummy
Sep 9, 2020
The last thing I need is someone trying to be a "hero" and fucking my plans up.
^This!

I was "rescued" once when I said goodbyes so it's not a good idea. Just write a delayed e-mail. Are there any examples I could take ideas from? I have no clue what to write in them, would hate my friends to think I just ghosted them.

• Hugs
Reactions: xBrialesana and Brick In The Wall
xBrialesana

xBrialesana

Become Dust With Me, My Love.
Dec 17, 2019
I may drop a few vague hints but nothing concrete. The last thing I need is someone trying to be a "hero" and fucking my plans up.

exactly. Noooo way in hell. Learned a young age. Dropped some (non specific 8th grade bs about being depressed) to my online MySpace friend in SOUTH AFRICA, I go to school the next day they cuff me in front of everyone. Ugh. I didn't even say anything specific

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, CoolGuy9 and Brick In The Wall
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
I would. They are the only people that somewhat cared about me so I'd pay them the respect.

• Love
Reactions: BloodyNobody and nil243
CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
exactly. Noooo way in hell. Learned a young age. Dropped some (non specific 8th grade bs about being depressed) to my online MySpace friend in SOUTH AFRICA, I go to school the next day they cuff me in front of everyone. Ugh. I didn't even say anything specific
That's really fucked up. You shouldn't cuff people for being depressed as that would just send the message to not trust the authorities.

BloodyNobody

BloodyNobody

AshIsOurPurestForm✨
May 25, 2021
Yes I've known my online friends for several years now I can't leave without saying goodbye, they helped me get through some tough times growing up. I feel my death will hurt them so I've got to leave them something behind telling them how much I appreciate being a friend to me. I'll have to use a delayed email of some sort as they know my partners social media and I'm afraid they would tell her before I've been successful.

• Hugs
Reactions: CoolGuy9, demuic and Neowise
S

sadpinky

Stargazer
Jun 10, 2021
I plan on leaving a puzzle to solve, not so much with my death but with messages so that my presence isn't missed too much by the few that will.

CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
I plan on leaving a puzzle to solve, not so much with my death but with messages so that my presence isn't missed too much by the few that will.
What kind of puzzle are you going to leave behind?

S

sadpinky

Stargazer
Jun 10, 2021
What kind of puzzle are you going to leave behind?
Something only those close to me that genuinely knew me and cared enough will care enough to find.

T

TheUnkn0wn

Jul 2, 2021
I wrote and sent a note around before my last attempt. From that experience, I wouldn't write another one as it caused too much grief/stress on friends at the time, and made things worse for me in the end. Enough people know about my struggle now that they'd "understand" what happened if found on my next attempt, so no note would be needed

CatTheBus5689

CatTheBus5689

Jun 22, 2021
They would just try to talk me out of it or just feel guilty they couldn't stop it. It's just a lose lose and I can't imagine anything good coming out of it.

Y

Yiyo123

Apr 24, 2020
No… specially if they don't
give a shit about you.

DunnoWhyButYeah

DunnoWhyButYeah

~*-*~
Apr 3, 2020
No. I don't feel like I want to tell anyone.
I'm not going to write anything here when I leave, either. And not going to leave any note irl too. I just want to disappear :)