A

Anon123

Nov 6, 2020
Firstly I was wondering if anyone relates. I know my suicide will leave a lot of pain for others. However if these people knew just how much my mind is destroying me on a daily basis would they make me stay. But they can never understand. It gets to a point where it's how much do I allow myself to stuffer and my mind destroy me before it's ok to give myself eternal peace.
Onto the plan. I'm in a mental health/rehab place so materials and methods are limited. There is a tree in the garden so I was planning on doing it late when the other residents have gone to bed. The branch is medium strength and build. They have chairs so I plan to stand on the chair wrap my dressing gown round it and not it multiple times. Then put the other end round my kneck and not it multiple times. Kick the chair of and die. Will this work? Will it be strong enough?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: dropdeadfred, imacrybaby, Cursed4ever and 2 others
U

Umbrellaterm

All parents are evil incarnate
Oct 22, 2020
Worst case you die or the branch breaks.

E

ExRN

Aug 9, 2019
I don't see how you can make a dressing gown into a noose. I know what it's like to want to CTB when you're desperate, but making knots in a gown and trying use a tree branch, chair and a dressing gown sounds extremely unreliable and you could get caught.
Thoughts are with you. You sound desperate!

PS. I do relate. I know my mother knows my suffering has been unbearable for so long. She came up with the idea of trying to help drown me but then she said she'd have to take her own life after. Other people don't understand and still think I should keep trying to live when every second is a nightmare and there's been zero joy in my life for several years. My only sibling and both parents understand my suffering is always more than my coping ability but there's nothing they can do. Nothing doctors can do ... so it's up to me ... Some people (namely doctors) don't understand my suffering, so I do relate.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: polarbear
bloomingdark

bloomingdark

Alex
Jan 24, 2019
I am really sorry you feel this way...

I am here if you want to dm me

Pandora_91

Pandora_91

Oct 27, 2020
Firstly I was wondering if anyone relates. I know my suicide will leave a lot of pain for others. However if these people knew just how much my mind is destroying me on a daily basis would they make me stay. But they can never understand. It gets to a point where it's how much do I allow myself to stuffer and my mind destroy me before it's ok to give myself eternal peace.
Onto the plan. I'm in a mental health/rehab place so materials and methods are limited. There is a tree in the garden so I was planning on doing it late when the other residents have gone to bed. The branch is medium strength and build. They have chairs so I plan to stand on the chair wrap my dressing gown round it and not it multiple times. Then put the other end round my kneck and not it multiple times. Kick the chair of and die. Will this work? Will it be strong enough?

Hi, I'm in a similar situation at a psych ward. Thought of plastic bag over head.. In any case I hope they are nice to you and that whatever you choose everything goes as you wish.

Cheers to you and best of luck.

/P

E

ExRN

Aug 9, 2019
Hi, I'm in a similar situation at a psych ward. Thought of plastic bag over head.. In any case I hope they are nice to you and that whatever you choose everything goes as you wish.

Cheers to you and best of luck.

/P
Hi,
Just FYI, I tried the plastic bag over my head with lots of alcohol and 900 mg of Valium. Even put a cap on my head to keep the garbage bag from touching my face but there CO2 levels build up so rapidly and that causes you to involuntarily panic and rip the bag to get fresh air. It's the high CO2 not the low O2 that makes you want to rip the plastic bag off (mine was taped around ... I went through 8 bags before I realised SI was going to prevent success).

Only after trying did I believe there needs to be an inert gas like N2 or He that keeps the CO2 levels down to prevent SI.

Hope you get out of the psych ward soon!

Reactions: Pandora_91
Pandora_91

Pandora_91

Oct 27, 2020
Hi,
Just FYI, I tried the plastic bag over my head with lots of alcohol and 900 mg of Valium. Even put a cap on my head to keep the garbage bag from touching my face but there CO2 levels build up so rapidly and that causes you to involuntarily panic and rip the bag to get fresh air. It's the high CO2 not the low O2 that makes you want to rip the plastic bag off (mine was taped around ... I went through 8 bags before I realised SI was going to prevent success).

Only after trying did I believe there needs to be an inert gas like N2 or He that keeps the CO2 levels down to prevent SI.

Looks like you were serious indeed about it, I'm so sorry you went through all that.

Perhaps it varies how one reacts and how strong SI kicks in. I Appreciate your post, ExRN.

I hope you're as ok as you can be after all that.

• Love
Reactions: ExRN
E

ExRN

Aug 9, 2019
Thanks Pandora_91, I appreciate it. I don't want to hijack the thread but I'm not better and my last attempt was Jul 13, 2019.

Sucks when every day is just worse. No breaks for over 1900 days!

• Hugs
Reactions: depressedsally and Pandora_91
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
you can indeed make a noose out of just about any fabric of sufficient strength. Sheets, gown cords and such are common choices for people working with limited materials.

The biggest downfall here would be getting caught, which seems like a small single detail but it's consequences are huge here since a failed hanging can mean brain damage.

A

Anon123

Nov 6, 2020
How do I make it.out of a dressing gown? Will the tying it round the.tree and noting it multiple times then the same around my kneck not work?
I had a plan but cant use that one. I've been thinking about it for a long time and I'm sure that I want to die. It cant fail.

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Hi,

Or you could put your hands behind your back and handcuff yourself after putting the bag on. Saw a lady do that in a movie once. No turning back after that. Don't know how she dealt with the panicking.

A

Anon123

Nov 6, 2020
I don't see how you can make a dressing gown into a noose. I know what it's like to want to CTB when you're desperate, but making knots in a gown and trying use a tree branch, chair and a dressing gown sounds extremely unreliable and you could get caught.
Thoughts are with you. You sound desperate!

PS. I do relate. I know my mother knows my suffering has been unbearable for so long. She came up with the idea of trying to help drown me but then she said she'd have to take her own life after. Other people don't understand and still think I should keep trying to live when every second is a nightmare and there's been zero joy in my life for several years. My only sibling and both parents understand my suffering is always more than my coping ability but there's nothing they can do. Nothing doctors can do ... so it's up to me ... Some people (namely doctors) don't understand my suffering, so I do relate.
I meant dressing gown cord
you can indeed make a noose out of just about any fabric of sufficient strength. Sheets, gown cords and such are common choices for people working with limited materials.

The biggest downfall here would be getting caught, which seems like a small single detail but it's consequences are huge here since a failed hanging can mean brain damage.
How do I make one with a dressing gown cord. Will notting it multiple times on the tree and my kneck not work?