Arvinneedstodie

Arvinneedstodie

Existing is not living
Sep 17, 2018
I think we all know there is going to be some serious long term economic, social, and health fallouts due to this pandemic. That's all they talk about on the news and radio anyway, but what do you guys this all means for mental health? How do you think it's going to impact you personally? Will people have even less empathy towards MH because there will be pressing economic problems that affect them more directly?

Personally, I am scared that what little access I have now to mental health and also physical health care will be seriously cut. I was already struggling before the pandemic, and now my chance of recovery is even slimmer. I feel more like an expired meat and a burden on society now than I ever have. This seriously sux.

Reactions: AnonymousS
nomorefight

nomorefight

Jul 1, 2019
I think it already has. The term "social distancing" was the first mistake but shaming people for leaving their houses is also not helping because for some people just staying home is that hard and I know I have already heard of a suicide where the father of the deceased is very upset that quarantining drove their child off the edge.

for me, it has really been eye-opening in that I have been holding back on ctb for the sake of my family but I have come to realize that they don't notice my absence. I am in a different state than all 5 of my siblings who are home and it is like I dont exist. Deeply upsetting but also calming to know that no one actually cares

• Love
Reactions: AnonymousS, Walilamdzi, FusRohDracarys and 2 others
moonchild

moonchild

Student
May 8, 2020
I think we all know there is going to be some serious long term economic, social, and health fallouts due to this pandemic. That's all they talk about on the news and radio anyway, but what do you guys this all means for mental health? How do you think it's going to impact you personally? Will people have even less empathy towards MH because there will be pressing economic problems that affect them more directly?

Personally, I am scared that what little access I have now to mental health and also physical health care will be seriously cut. I was already struggling before the pandemic, and now my chance of recovery is even slimmer. I feel more like an expired meat and a burden on society now than I ever have. This seriously sux.

Between people having covid-induced financial problems, possibly losing their jobs, being distanced from other people, and having a complete shift in routine, a worsening in the general mental health seems inevitable. Financial, social, and health problems have always been good indicators of worsening mental health, it's not like that has changed. Just that it's on a large scale right now. I'd like to think that it would at least make people more understanding to it, if they have that experience for themselves, but I don't know. Putting the "blame" for mental health on the individual seems to be the default today, saying there's something wrong with them and ignoring the circumstances. I feel like that's not going to change anytime soon, unfortunately.

I'm sorry about your situation. I feel weirdly privileged in that I don't have any contact with health professionals right now that could be cut. I think the practical aspects of it hasn't and won't affect me that much, but the stress and unpredictability of it is really taking a toll on me.

Reactions: RileyTanaka, Arvinneedstodie and Una
F

FusRohDracarys

But what do I know
Mar 31, 2020
Dude, there was a thread on this forum not too long ago where a close member of OP's family was telling them not to go to the hospital for some alarming health symptoms because it would put an elderly member at risk. I absolutely believe young people are going to pay out the nose for this in every way possible. How can a generation of youth have a positive self esteem when everything in society is telling them their life, their future, their livelihood matters less than the almost-ending lives of two generations prior? How can they feel accomplished if they can't go to their graduations, if they can't hit all those milestones we've taken for granted, if they can't get a job after taking on a ton of student debt, if they can't even go to the doctor anymore? Gen Z is going to have immense mental health issues, as far as I can tell.

Personally, I think I have absolute utter contempt for my country now. My own ageist biases are also severely exacerbated. I think the way this is being handled is extremely short sighted.

Reactions: Arvinneedstodie and Bct
F

FusRohDracarys

But what do I know
Mar 31, 2020
Last edited:
FFTMGD

FFTMGD

Jun 7, 2019
I have been enjoying quarantine, I can stay at home the whole day and escape this reality