Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think it will be less stigmatized.

Reactions: mirko, lobster salad, Life is pointless and 3 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Gotta be, everything is moving in that direction (but too slowly :() Tech can start acting up though, that's my biggest fear, really don't want life extension and AI and shit.

Reactions: Buffy5120 and iwanttodie000
I

iwanttodie000

Student
Feb 15, 2021
I absolutely hope so. The stigma behind it is honestly ridiculous and harmful. Hopefully one day it will be normalized and people will understand and respect other people's wishes when it's their time to go. We're all living lives we didn't ask for, it's only natural many of us are wanting to ctb,

• Love
Reactions: wait.what, Buffy5120, Life is pointless and 5 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
When overpopulation starts affecting the planetary resources needed for survival, people will start offering a financial incentive for others to commit altruistic suicide to save the planet. "Save the planet, kill yourself!"

• Love
Reactions: All Things Must Pass, Buffy5120, Life is pointless and 4 others
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
I don't think it will be normalized in the next few decades, though hopefully less stigmatized. Maybe in future centuries it will be normalized.

Reactions: Buffy5120
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Gotta be, everything is moving in that direction (but too slowly :() Tech can start acting up though, that's my biggest fear, really don't want life extension and AI and shit.

I second this!

Reactions: Life is pointless and GenesAndEnvironment
us_1999

us_1999

Fragments of myself
Feb 1, 2021
If the world become more fucked up more people will suicide. But the government will try to stop us because they need cheap labour power...

• Love
Reactions: Buffy5120 and Life is pointless
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Yes.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and GenesAndEnvironment
EconomcDisparity

EconomcDisparity

l'appel du vide
Nov 9, 2020
I've had a discussion about this with a friend once. He hopes that we get to witness immortality in our lifetimes, so everyone can live on forever. For me that just sounds fucking terrifying.

Reactions: wait.what, Life is pointless and GenesAndEnvironment
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I've had a discussion about this with a friend once. He hopes that we get to witness immortality in our lifetimes, so everyone can live on forever. For me that just sounds fucking terrifying.

Immortality is my idea of hell, to see the world crash and burn under you, whilst you suffer every moment, yes I understand some people will love life, but there has to be a point were enough is enough and you have done all you can?
I don't think suicide will be ever accepted as normal, there's too many very strong pro lifers who will never understand, also there is the religion side of thing's,
I would hope to see it become something less hated and resented, I would hope there could be a time, where whilst it may not be accepted, it could be understood, and support towards rather then against

Last edited:
Reactions: EconomcDisparity, Life is pointless and DivineMedicus
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
When overpopulation starts affecting the planetary resources needed for survival, people will start offering a financial incentive for others to commit altruistic suicide to save the planet. "Save the planet, kill yourself!"

crazy. "save the planet, kill yourself" was one of the things i came across very early browsing through the web. it was for sure nearly 20 years ago i did read this and instantly liked it.

Reactions: Life is pointless
W

wtv5433

Feb 22, 2021
I think in fews decades robots will actually take over

BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
When the capitalist world falls apart and countries are underwater I think it'll be pretty commonplace.

Reactions: mirko, it's_all_a_game and GenesAndEnvironment