• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

TiGz

Apr 28, 2020
Hey guys. Im in a psych ward at the moment. If i commit suicide once i get out will my psychiatrist be responsible for my death? And if so what can i do to prevent my psych from getting into trouble becuz of my shit?? It would seriously not be her fault!! Its not like shes the one who kills me I'M the one who kills me...

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: profoundexperience, Bonkers, ansiedad and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
As long as she's written in some papers your "condition" she won't be in any trouble.

You're in a psych ward so that will be an antecedent. I think they'll just ask her questions about your death and that's it.

Anyway, I'm not 100% sure about it but at least that's how it kinda works here in Argentina.

(I've thought of the same once I ctb.)

• Hugs
Reactions: Hurt, ansiedad and Deleted member 14573
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
No, probably happens more then you know. Although they may take personal responsibility or feel inadequate. And it might weigh a toll on the heavy burden they might carry. Ironically leading them down the same path they tried to stay you from. But unfortunately that's what they get paid for and the risks they must and choose to take.

• Aww..
Reactions: TooConscious, profoundexperience, it's_all_a_game and 1 other person
Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
They might blame themselves for it, and have a investigation launched into their work, but that's most likely the most that'll happen. The only reason they'd get in trouble is if they told you to kill yourself or encouraged it.

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
The psychiatrist can't release you until there is no liability on her part. I had to contract for safety and make a plan on what I will do when I get out.

• Love
Reactions: sadworld
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Hey guys. Im in a psych ward at the moment. If i commit suicide once i get out will my psychiatrist be responsible for my death? And if so what can i do to prevent my psych from getting into trouble becuz of my shit?? It would seriously not be her fault!! Its not like shes the one who kills me I'M the one who kills me...
It depends on your country but in usa doctors are well protected. They are not held accountable for anything in general.

• Love
Reactions: fly away, demuic, Meretlein and 7 others
T

TiGz

Apr 28, 2020
The psychiatrist can't release you until there is no liability on her part. I had to contract for safety and make a plan on what I will do when I get out.
I can only stay 3 weeks in the hospital then i have to go. If i do it at home, is it her problem and responsibility?
They are also ppl like us... i dont want her to get seriously hurt for my actions
As long as she's written in some papers your "condition" she won't be in any trouble.

You're in a psych ward so that will be an antecedent. I think they'll just ask her questions about your death and that's it.

Anyway, I'm not 100% sure about it but at least that's how it kinda works here in Argentina.

(I've thought of the same once I ctb.)
Are sgdhdvdrh

Last edited:
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Psychiatrists kill tons of people with their irresponsible prescribing of dangerous drugs and get away with it all the time. Yours will be fine, I assure you.

• Aww..
Reactions: Defenestration, profoundexperience, Scotty and 7 others
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
No, I don't think so.
The only thing is that your psychiatrist might be a little upset as he/she will lose their customer. After all, they literally get paid for maintain your life. Apart from that they won't have any consequences

Reactions: Gnip
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
You'd be surprised by how common are suicides after getting released from psychiatric hospitals, specially in the last few years when treatments are failing to keep up with the stress of modern life and psych wards are getting overrun by patients.

Reactions: Deleted member 1768, Wrennie and x~Sophia~x
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
Occupational hazard.
I suppose she'll be part of the coroner's inquest, but as long as she documented the grounds for discharge properly she's in the clear.

Reactions: ihatemen420
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
No, I don't think so.
The only thing is that your psychiatrist might be a little upset as he/she will lose their customer. After all, they literally get paid for maintain your life. Apart from that they won't have any consequences

This is precisely what my former psychiatrist of 18 years admitted to me during our final appointment, when she was also planning to end her medical career (which she did less than a year later). She stated that I was far beyond being helped by any modality in existence, and that economic profit was her sole motive for urging me not to "off" myself at the end of visits between us over the final few years of our association.

What might have damaged her could have been her business card with my body, and a suicide note blaming her for my demise, but in that event, her own notes and records on me would have been her defense. (In actuality, she did do the very best she could until shortly before closing her practice, when she illegally refused to refer me for ECT despite my hard push to attempt that treatment. But in a few months, my next and current psychiatrist did get me to about 40 sessions of ECT, which did indeed fail as my original psychiatrist predicted. I'd simply had major depressive disorder for far too long to be treatable.)

My current psychiatrist's only function is sleep medication management, pending the development of some new treatment that I might be a suitable candidate for, but he concedes I will be instantly eligible for psychiatrist administered euthanasia the instant it becomes legal in the United States. (I expect this to happen within the next four years through judicial activism.)

Reactions: untimelydemise, AnnonyBox, Keto and 3 others
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Don't think they will

Reactions: ansiedad and Gnip
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018

They cannot get into trouble. The stats re. suicides completed after a stay in the psych. ward are higher than the norm.

D

DJJE

Sep 29, 2020
Yes and no.

If there is an unnatural or suspicious death the coroner will need to write a report.

Than means their will be an investigation and they will be put under suspicious.

Even if no wrongdoing is found, they will still be put through hell.

The coroners job is to look for wrongdoing. So they will tear them apart looking for any errors as your friends, relatives, and associates will be looking for a scapegoat to blame.

If you write something saying they are not to blame, then that will inadvertently point the finger straight at them from an investigators point of view.

They may get exonerated in the end, but the damage would already have been done.

Sorry to be so blunt.

M

makingsure4

Student
Jan 6, 2021
This is precisely what my former psychiatrist of 18 years admitted to me during our final appointment, when she was also planning to end her medical career (which she did less than a year later). She stated that I was far beyond being helped by any modality in existence, and that economic profit was her sole motive for urging me not to "off" myself at the end of visits between us over the final few years of our association.

What might have damaged her could have been her business card with my body, and a suicide note blaming her for my demise, but in that event, her own notes and records on me would have been her defense. (In actuality, she did do the very best she could until shortly before closing her practice, when she illegally refused to refer me for ECT despite my hard push to attempt that treatment. But in a few months, my next and current psychiatrist did get me to about 40 sessions of ECT, which did indeed fail as my original psychiatrist predicted. I'd simply had major depressive disorder for far too long to be treatable.)

My current psychiatrist's only function is sleep medication management, pending the development of some new treatment that I might be a suitable candidate for, but he concedes I will be instantly eligible for psychiatrist administered euthanasia the instant it becomes legal in the United States. (I expect this to happen within the next four years through judicial activism.)
Are you serious? Your doc said that fairly soon there might be psychiatrists able to administer euthanasia? I probably wouldn't qualify. I always try to make them laugh so they don't know how suicidal I am..They don't want to lose their funny client...

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020

Luckily, contracts were made to be broken, or did your psychiatrist lack the legal sophistication to draft a document that incorporated language barring you from staffing SS. Haha

• Love
Reactions: Meretlein