W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I don't feel any better off them than on them really, so I'm wondering can I just go back onto the max dose or how risky is this?

4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
The question is do you feel worse while off them? If there is no noticeable improvement while taking meds, then they shouldn't be taken. Beyond that, I would consult a doctor concerning your specific meds on how to start or stop taking them. Best to play it safe as they know your history and other details better than we do.

Reactions: Yomyom and Walilamdzi
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Not sure what meds you're taking, but my experience with anti-deps is that they should be increased gradually so as to avoid bad side-effects and give the body time to adjust.

I agree with the user above: talking to a doctor is much safer than anything you read here.

Good luck, Ophelia!

Reactions: Yomyom and Walilamdzi
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
The question is do you feel worse while off them? If there is no noticeable improvement while taking meds, then they shouldn't be taken. Beyond that, I would consult a doctor concerning your specific meds on how to start or stop taking them. Best to play it safe as they know your history and other details better than we do.
No, I feel pretty terrible either way. I just feel that they will know I'm not taking them and put me in hospital, which would be worse than the effects I get from taking them.
Not sure what meds you're taking, but my experience with anti-deps is that they should be increased gradually so as to avoid bad side-effects and give the body time to adjust.

I agree with the user above: talking to a doctor is much safer than anything you read here.

Good luck, Ophelia!

Hey, I'm prescribed quetiapine and carbamazepine, haven't taken either for 2 months. Didn't get any recurrence of symptoms or withdrawals, but yeah, thanks for the advice. I don't trust my doctors as everything they've done to me has made my life worse and don't trust them not to hospitalise me when they hear I'm not on the medication.

• Hugs
Reactions: Epsilon0
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
No, I feel pretty terrible either way. I just feel that they will know I'm not taking them and put me in hospital, which would be worse than the effects I get from taking them.

Hey, I'm prescribed quetiapine and carbamazepine, haven't taken either for 2 months. Didn't get any recurrence of symptoms or withdrawals, but yeah, thanks for the advice. I don't trust my doctors as everything they've done to me has made my life worse and don't trust them not to hospitalise me when they hear I'm not on the medication.

I understand. Then I hope you find someone who can help you with your question. I am not familiar with these two particular meds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walilamdzi
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I understand. Then I hope you find someone who can help you with your question. I am not familiar with these two particular meds.
Thank you, me too!!

• Hugs
Reactions: Epsilon0