• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

unknownus3r0

unknownus3r0

Mar 11, 2023
I want to CTB but I'm worried that if I fail I'll end up in a psych ward. If been to hospital previously for sh would that make me more likely to get admitted? I'm not looking for methods that will most likely work as most of them are expensive or hard to access I'm just wondering. Thanks

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
If you fail a suicide attempt and are brought to the ER as a result, you definitely will be sent to a psych ward. That's one of the reasons people are so nervous to make a CTB attempt.

Reactions: Meretricious, deadhead12! and Never Alive
unknownus3r0

unknownus3r0

Mar 11, 2023
If you fail a suicide attempt and are brought to the ER as a result, you definitely will be sent to a psych ward. That's one of the reasons people are so nervous to make a CTB attempt.
I'm from the UK do you know if it's still the same?

squidhead

squidhead

You`ve met with a terrible fate, haven`t you?
Jun 13, 2022
I imagine its the same everywhere or at the very least in Europe. Short answer: yes, you will go to a psych ward for attempted suicide.

If you end up in a hospital and the cause is self harm, especially attempted suicide, you will 100% get sent to a psych ward under the supervision of a psychiatry board from which one will be assigned to you.
Your parents or closest relatives will be called if they werent already there.
The psychiatry board will then call you in to talk to you to gather information on what "treatment plan" would best suit you and check your mental state. And yes, its just as bullshit as it sounds, but everything is up to them at this point as youre deemed dangerous and a threat to others or yourself.
From my experience you are given whatever pills they deem necessary everyday, 3 times a day, in the morning, at lunch and before going to bed and the nurses do watch you take them and yes, you have to open your mouth and move your tongue too so you cant pretend to swallow the pills. (at least where I was)
Then every other day the psychiatrist comes to talk to you about how you`re doing, in which case I personally just answered whatever they wanted to hear. Dont think for a moment they give a shit, because if you speak your heart out you will just prolong your stay and be given more pills.
I also got benzo something (forgot the name) to make me sleep and whatever else they gave me like injections for panic/anxiety attacks and more pills. I dont remember everything so well from my stay there, its all foggy.
Also you get to stay in a room with 2-3 other people.
You will be released whenever the psychiatrist deems so and even if they do, you will then be checked by the full psychiatrist board for evaluation.
Its just disgusting we still have psych wards at all, given how dehumanizing and pointless they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wehmut and deadhead12!
Cabbiesevvie

Cabbiesevvie

Mar 1, 2023
If been to hospital previously for sh would that make me more likely to get admitted?
I don't think this matters if you attempted suicide.
I imagine its the same everywhere or at the very least in Europe. Short answer: yes, you will go to a psych ward for attempted suicide.

If you end up in a hospital and the cause is self harm, especially attempted suicide, you will 100% get sent to a psych ward under the supervision of a psychiatry board from which one will be assigned to you.
Your parents or closest relatives will be called if they werent already there.
The psychiatry board will then call you in to talk to you to gather information on what "treatment plan" would best suit you and check your mental state. And yes, its just as bullshit as it sounds, but everything is up to them at this point as youre deemed dangerous and a threat to others or yourself.
From my experience you are given whatever pills they deem necessary everyday, 3 times a day, in the morning, at lunch and before going to bed and the nurses do watch you take them and yes, you have to open your mouth and move your tongue too so you cant pretend to swallow the pills. (at least where I was)
Then every other day the psychiatrist comes to talk to you about how you`re doing, in which case I personally just answered whatever they wanted to hear. Dont think for a moment they give a shit, because if you speak your heart out you will just prolong your stay and be given more pills.
I also got benzo something (forgot the name) to make me sleep and whatever else they gave me like injections for panic/anxiety attacks and more pills. I dont remember everything so well from my stay there, its all foggy.
Also you get to stay in a room with 2-3 other people.
You will be released whenever the psychiatrist deems so and even if they do, you will then be checked by the full psychiatrist board for evaluation.
Its just disgusting we still have psych wards at all, given how dehumanizing and pointless they are.
Sounds like a horrifying experience. May I ask how long you had to stay there?
Is the general tactic to get out of something like that, just doing what they want you to do?

G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
I know people who've overdosed on paracetamol to try and kill themselves and had there stomach pumped. They weren't sent to a psych ward.

spacehardware

spacehardware

Unsubscribing soon
Feb 21, 2022
Depends on a few factors, the severity of the attempt, your presentation when psych liaison come to see you, any previous contact with mental health services and care plans that are in place, and assessed risk of you attempting again and completing suicide. They may do a mental health act assessment, where they will assess whether you have the capacity to make decisions for yourself about your care.

I'm in the UK so this is lived experience and is based off my own experiences. I've not been involved with NHS mental health services post-pandemic, but beforehand there was a chronic bed crisis, i.e. too many people, not enough beds in psych units. My understanding is that the situation has worsened since covid, and so part of the decision making process as to whether or not to admit you to a psych ward also depends on whether there are actually any beds available to take you. Obviously they have to prioritise patients with the higher assessed risks.

unknownus3r0

unknownus3r0

Mar 11, 2023
Depends on a few factors, the severity of the attempt, your presentation when psych liaison come to see you, any previous contact with mental health services and care plans that are in place, and assessed risk of you attempting again and completing suicide. They may do a mental health act assessment, where they will assess whether you have the capacity to make decisions for yourself about your care.

I'm in the UK so this is lived experience and is based off my own experiences. I've not been involved with NHS mental health services post-pandemic, but beforehand there was a chronic bed crisis, i.e. too many people, not enough beds in psych units. My understanding is that the situation has worsened since covid, and so part of the decision making process as to whether or not to admit you to a psych ward also depends on whether there are actually any beds available to take you. Obviously they have to prioritise patients with the higher assessed risks.
Okay thanks!

Reactions: spacehardware
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
The whole idea of psych wards is to torment others for failing ctb attempts. According to the pro-lifers, being suicidal automatically renders you incapable of making any decisions and thus consenting of the abuse that people regularly experience in those places. I wish that it wasn't this way, what we're forced to put up with really is such hell and too many people are fine with the abuse of others. There is nothing objectively good about life and there's a huge amount of suffering so the concept of suicide prevention is irrational anyway. I hope that you don't end up in one of those prisons and that you find peace on this painful planet.

Reactions: Wehmut, innominesatanas44 and unknownus3r0
L

lan11

Feb 2, 2023
I'm from the UK and they are so short of beds in psych hospitals honestly as long as you tell them you're safe to go home and won't try again, they'll definitely just send you home don't worry.

Reactions: unknownus3r0 and spacehardware
G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
I'm from the UK and they are so short of beds in psych hospitals honestly as long as you tell them you're safe to go home and won't try again, they'll definitely just send you home don't worry.
It's good there short of beds. No one would like to go in one. I been 3 times. It's like one flew over the cuckoos nest in psych wards.

Reactions: unknownus3r0
birdofafeather

birdofafeather

Just tired
Feb 12, 2023
As someone who got brought to A&E after an attempt, if you act like it's a one off and say what they want to hear (like you have a therapist, you're handling yourself, something just happened and you felt like shit, convince them it won't happen again) they will let you out after making sure you've stabilised.
The NHS is too underfunded and understaffed to have many people in psych wards, really, so if you seem stable ish, they'll let you out.
I know plenty of other people that can vouch for the lack of care the NHS has and how they won't didn't them to the psych ward unless they were outright threatening themselves or others.

G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
There's not enough beds in UK to send everyone too a hospital who makes an attempt. It's not like the old days on one flew over the cuckoo's nest. They had huge asylums then.

S

silverswan

Jan 8, 2023
No one can say with 100% certainty whether any given person will end up hospitalized. Every situation is different.

That being said, if you do get sent to a psych ward, bring a book, some clothes with no strings in them (so no sweatpants, hoodies, etc) and probably also another book. It's boring as fuck in there.

Reactions: LittleJem and unknownus3r0
T

tryagain

Feb 17, 2023
Not the case as in admission after an attempt isn't certain or admission after an attempt never happens?
It isn't certain. I have been sent home from intensive care unit before after a serious attempt. They seem to avoid especially with a BPD diagnosis in my country. Just my experience though.

headcase95

headcase95

abject failure
Apr 17, 2023
How long can they legally hold you in a psych ward? I've read from Google the maximum for a 5250 hold is 2 weeks, but I don't trust any official sources anymore since they made me stay an entire week for a 5150 (which is only supposed to be 72 hours) and I wasn't even brought before a court or anything. Thankfully the staff didn't bother me at all but you can't smoke or bring your phone so it's boring. But I'm really scared of being hospitalized indefinitely now.

Lavander 230

Lavander 230

Student
Mar 3, 2023
Make something up. If you end up in a hospital, tell them someone on the Internet claimed that SN makes you high, it's like a type of opioid or something. You'll be in trouble but at least not in a psych ward.

Reactions: headcase95
headcase95

headcase95

abject failure
Apr 17, 2023
Make something up. If you end up in a hospital, tell them someone on the Internet claimed that SN makes you high, it's like a type of opioid or something. You'll be in trouble but at least not in a psych ward.
That's a great idea, I will try that.