P

Prolonged

If at first you don’t succeed, try and try again
Oct 14, 2020
I've been in therapy with the same person for a number of years. We have tired everything, and I'm just getting tired of fighting. I knew him through a family friend before I became his client, and he is so genuine and nice, and I just have a feeling that losing a long term client will be hard on him ( especially, since he's only been a therapist for less than 5 years and I've been seeing him most of that time)

Anyone have any insight?

Reactions: sadworld and FatalSystemError591
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
In the end, he's a therapist and he will have to get used to situations like this so I think he'll miss you but be fine and keep on doing his job, just like the world keeps spinning with or without us.

Reactions: Gnip, sadworld and Anonymoussn
Ren Elsie Jewelria

Ren Elsie Jewelria

I sneezed!
Aug 30, 2020
He's been taking your money for few years while failing at helping you and you still feel sorry for him?

Reactions: GoneGoneGone, Gnip, sadworld and 2 others
P

Prolonged

If at first you don’t succeed, try and try again
Oct 14, 2020
He's been taking your money for few years while failing at helping you and you still feel sorry for him?

Yes, maybe I'm just too empathetic. I have CPTSD and that hard to treat....plus he didn't always take my money he always made sure I could go to therapy even when I had no money

Maybe I'm just weird, but he is such a great person and therapist and he has helped sooo many people in my community I just don't want my CTB' ing to change that.

Reactions: Gnip and sadworld
Ren Elsie Jewelria

Ren Elsie Jewelria

I sneezed!
Aug 30, 2020
And I guess you're a girl/young woman he fancies, am I right?

Reactions: sadworld
Freedent

Freedent

art hoe
Apr 19, 2020
I think it depends. I've had the same therapist since i was twelve and we drink wine together on sessions sometimes, we're very close and he used to phone my family to make sure i was still alive when i stopped going to therapy for a few years, so i think it wouldve been kind of hard on him. I think it depends on what your relationship to him is, some therapists are very detached and some are very empathetic and close to their patients.

Reactions: sadworld
Samsara

Samsara

Experienced
Mar 9, 2020
Yes, it will be. That said, all therapists are aware that they will likely, based on statistics, have at least one patient die by suicide over the course of their career and should be prepared for this possibility.