WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Anyone think that body swapping (I mean actually physically trading bodies, not this cope of "pretending to be someone else) will be possible in the future?

Just sitting here on the morning of the day I hope to CTB (but probably won't), and while I don't want to CTB, I also don't want to transition. I feel like this would be the best treatment for Gender Dysphoria, and would be a win for everyone. Ofc it doesn't change the trauma of having been brought up as the wrong sex, but it'd be a step in the right direction.

What do you think?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: PrisonBreak, lachrymost, hungry_ghost and 3 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Not in our lifetime. Probably not ever. It's too bad, I would love to swap into a healthy body. I guess they'd have to grow the bodies in a lab or something.

• Hugs
Reactions: narval, mateodolores and Cathy Ames
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
Haven't been on in a while. Glad to see you're still with us even if you're not.

I don't know things are starting to look "weird" currently. The image generation tech I didn't think would be here for another couple of decades. I don't know how the future will be. Those are my honest thoughts.
Best thing is to keep active and take care of your health for the time being. The human body evolved to be active and doesn't enjoy being stationary.

• Hugs
Reactions: mateodolores and WorthlessTrash
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Haven't been on in a while. Glad to see you're still with us even if you're not.

I don't know things are starting to look "weird" currently. The image generation tech I didn't think would be here for another couple of decades. I don't know how the future will be. Those are my honest thoughts.
Best thing is to keep active and take care of your health for the time being. The human body evolved to be active and doesn't enjoy being stationary.
I dont take care of my health strictly because I hate myself, and my self hatred is linked to being born the wrong sex. If I had my way, I'd drop dead of a heart attack right now.

It is good to see you as well!

• Hugs
Reactions: mateodolores and Sakura94
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
One issue is health affects mental thinking. I did go through dysphoric periods of self harm too but ultimately it is not the fault of the body. The body is mindless and not at fault. It's just maintenance like cleaning bathroom or paying bills. As said I read some tech blogs, slatestar ect and they seem weirded out by recent developments. It's possible the cheat codes will be printed out, maybe not. They are echo chambers many times despite that they state otherwise.
Of course if civilization collapses it won't matter. I don't think it will.
I need new hobbies to keep my mind at rest.

WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
One issue is health affects mental thinking. I did go through dysphoric periods of self harm too but ultimately it is not the fault of the body. The body is mindless and not at fault. It's just maintenance like cleaning bathroom or paying bills. As said I read some tech blogs, slatestar ect and they seem weirded out by recent developments. It's possible the cheat codes will be printed out, maybe not.
Of course if civilization collapses it won't matter. I don't think it will.
I need new hobbies to keep my mind at rest.
I was fit when my dysphoria festered. My health doesn't affect negatively or positively my judgment about hating my assigned sex.

I want to be AFAB, not AMAB and because I am AMAB, I simply don't care about myself.

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
How about a good looking humanoid robotic body. Always healthy, good looking.....

• Yay!
Reactions: WorthlessTrash
Eternal Pessimist

Eternal Pessimist

Student
Oct 16, 2019
Unfortunately I don't think body swapping will be available during our lifetimes, but maybe in the distant future it might be possible. Either by transplanting your brain or being able to upload your mind to a digital brain of some kind.

Sometimes I fantasize about having access to a personal version of The Matrix where you could program in whatever scenario you want, plug in and live through it. In my version you could also have whatever kind of body you wanted in the simulation. I think an invention like that might be one of the few things that could possibly make me give up my plans to ctb. Being able to live through any scenario imaginable in any body imaginable might be enough to make life worth living.

• Hugs
Reactions: mateodolores and WorthlessTrash
mateodolores

mateodolores

walking corpse
Dec 5, 2022
I wish, but I don't think we're ready for that technologically speaking. Even if we were, the crazy evangelicals and conservatives would be vehemently against it which would be an obstacle for those of us who want to be in a better body.

• Aww..
Eternal Pessimist

Eternal Pessimist

Student
Oct 16, 2019
I wish I could jump forward a decade or two to see how advanced VR and technologies like it are going to be. A very advanced version of VR that allows you to at least see and hear the experiences you want to have would be interesting. However, even a highly advanced version of the VR that we have now is still limited to two senses and missing everything else. You also couldn't really overcome the limitations of your real body even if you could have a virtual avatar that has the body you want. That's why only something that allows you to completely plug in to a virtual world would be enough.

Reactions: Skathon, lachrymost and WorthlessTrash
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
I do like the idea of something similar to the show, Altered Carbon.

Different physical bodies/avatars as "sleeves" and transferring our consciousness to different avatars.

I struggle with the same thing, gender dysphoria.

I feel like my life would have been far different if I had been born a male.

• Hugs
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
I do like the idea of something similar to the show, Altered Carbon.

Different physical bodies/avatars as "sleeves" and transferring our consciousness to different avatars.

I struggle with the same thing, gender dysphoria.

I feel like my life would have been far different if I had been born a male.
We both got each other's preferred sex. Body swapping REALLY would have killed both our problems in one swoop.

• Hugs
Reactions: hungry_ghost
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I've never heard anyone talk about this as a serious scientific possibility.

The first thing that would happen is billionaires would routinely rob 20-year-olds of their bodies so that they could energetically continue their enslavement of other life forms indefinitely. But considering the CNS is itself a body part wired with a completely different personality, memories and impulses, it is hard to see this actually working even if it were technologically feasible.

It would also lead to the difficult philosophical question of not knowing who anybody is, given they may at any point become another physical person.

Zuckerberg's struggling Metaverse project has some primitive elements of this in a virtual sense, though at this point humans might as well be in a permanent state of suspended animation à la The Matrix.

Occasionally there have been reports of deceased spirits borrowing a living human's body, with or without permission. A Christian minister named Howard Pittman claimed to see demonic spirits taking over people during his NDE. More common is having mediums give permission for a deceased spirit to convey a message using their living body.

Then of course there's reincarnation, which has long been established in Eastern traditions and supported by contemporary research. This in turn leads to mind-bending possibilities like meeting another person who is actually your own self of a past or future incarnation. And that ultimately leads to Brahman; there is only ever one consciousness toying with wearing various bodies as masks. It's the old question of how far down the rabbit hole do you want to go.

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
All i want for Christmas is for this to happen. However if it to happen, probably not before I CTB.

• Love
Reactions: PrisonBreak
Eternal Pessimist

Eternal Pessimist

Student
Oct 16, 2019
All i want for Christmas is for this to happen. However if it to happen, probably not before I CTB.
I want it too. Actually I've daydreamed a lot about this. Either getting to switch bodies and live my life with a body I can accept from this point on. Or even better, getting to be a kid again and reliving my life with a decent body.

• Love
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
It will be, but in centuries.

• Aww..