M

Montmorency_1

Feb 21, 2020
Random question - read Stan's guide to SN. I know he says to use an antipsychotic to counteract a side effect and keep the SN down. He lists them, but doesn't mention Apripiprazole. Does anyone know if this will work, as I have it readily available?

C

cyberlordsumit

Absolution
Aug 12, 2020
I think you are pointing to a Sedative(benzo) to lighten the mood???

M

Montmorency_1

Feb 21, 2020
I think you are pointing to a Sedative(benzo) to lighten the mood???
I'm referring to the bit where he mentions antipsychotics like Olanzapine etc that stop you from rejecting the SN?
I'm referring to the bit where he mentions antipsychotics like Olanzapine etc that stop you from rejecting the SN?
But yeah mentions those too if you want, but the antipsychotics are more vital

C

cyberlordsumit

Absolution
Aug 12, 2020
i think you should stick to Stan's guide, the random drugs can interact wish side effects and complications, better safe than sorry

Reactions: Montmorency_1
reasonabledoubt

reasonabledoubt

Mar 11, 2020
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/antiemetic-for-someone-who-takes-abilify.30166/ if you search for abilify sn you will get more likely results

Reactions: Montmorency_1
Racon

Racon

Student
Aug 29, 2020
Aripiprazole works as a dopamine "balancer". It is both an agonist and an atagonist meaning it will raise dopamine where it's low and lower dopamine where it is high. You want an anti-psychotic which acts as a dopamine blocker, which are the ones Stan has listed. I have never found a conclusive answer, but my opinion is that you are better off looking for a different medication.

Reactions: Homecoming, Montmorency_1, Bauhaus and 1 other person
M

Montmorency_1

Feb 21, 2020
i think you should stick to Stan's guide, the random drugs can interact wish side effects and complications, better safe than sorry
Yeah, you're right. Thanks
Aripiprazole works as a dopamine "balancer". It is both an agonist and an atagonist meaning it will raise dopamine where it's low and lower dopamine where it is high. You want an anti-psychotic which acts as a dopamine blocker, which are the ones Stan has listed. I have never found a conclusive answer, but my opinion is that you are better off looking for a different medication.
That's really helpful, thank you!
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/antiemetic-for-someone-who-takes-abilify.30166/ if you search for abilify sn you will get more likely results
Will try this, thanks!

Reactions: cyberlordsumit