ibuprofen_ninja

ibuprofen_ninja

Oct 26, 2021
I weigh like 72kg last I checked and I was hoping to go for a long drop so that either my head comes off or my neck ends up broken. What do you reckon, anything I need to be mindful of, any experience or knowledge you might have regarding hanging done with nylon or similar rope, what do you reckon

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Skip the long drop. A wonderful idea, good luck making it work.
With a good slip knot, that rope is fine. Use a strong tie-off point and knot. Make sure nobody rescues you.

ibuprofen_ninja

ibuprofen_ninja

Oct 26, 2021
Skip the long drop. A wonderful idea, good luck making it work.
With a good slip knot, that rope is fine. Use a strong tie-off point and knot. Make sure nobody rescues you.
i wasn't too sure about hanging myself short drop as there are few places where i live where i won't be discovered at some point; have you heard of people attempting a long drop and failing? I've read like three case reports on people either being completely beheaded or partially beheaded and kill instantly either way doing a like 5 metre drop with some nylon rope. It's hard to find too much information on people attempting suicide with a specific type of rope and obviously the short term instant blackout thing is the preferred method . I really need to speak to an expert on this aha.

ibuprofen_ninja

ibuprofen_ninja

Oct 26, 2021
Whatever you buy should state the maximum load it can support and if you're doing long drop you're gonna want it to support a few or more times your don't forget to do a hangman's knot and not a slip knot.
apparently the rope I've bought can withstand like over 4000lbs worth of strain, and my body in freefall would amount to like just under a thousand. Quick death is pretty much guaranteed I just need that extra push as I'm standing at the edge as I've always backed out before.
nevermind I've just read into it again it's well over 6000lbs of strain haha minted

Last edited:
KAZ-2Y5

KAZ-2Y5

Verrückt
Jul 23, 2023
apparently the rope I've bought can withstand like over 4000lbs worth of strain, and my body in freefall would amount to like just under a thousand. Quick death is pretty much guaranteed I just need that extra push as I'm standing at the edge as I've always backed out before.
nevermind I've just read into it again it's well over 6000lbs of strain haha minted
What rope did you buy