A

Another Day Empty

Sep 8, 2022
:'( I think I just experienced someone catching their ride to the other side through their exit message. A random person I don't know, that I just found their message. And I've been crying for several minutes now really disgusting tears and sobs... I don't understand why I was affected by this to the degree. 42 years old and still finding new emotions and feelings within me. I don't understand this...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: makethepainstop, estadiare, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 2 others
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
I was quite struck soon after joining and happening upon a recent finished goodbye thread. Made me feel pretty bad even though I had literally no connection to anyone here yet. Loss is sad enough on its own but in the case of many of us here, it's the conditions on top of the fact that make it a kicker. So many of us wanting to continue but just not able to because of some insurmountable obstacle, having to go alone/in secret, etc.

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
A

Another Day Empty

Sep 8, 2022
I was quite struck soon after joining and happening upon a recent finished goodbye thread. Made me feel pretty bad even though I had literally no connection to anyone here yet. Loss is sad enough on its own but in the case of many of us here, it's the conditions on top of the fact that make it a kicker. So many of us wanting to continue but just not able to because of some insurmountable obstacle, having to go alone/in secret, etc.
I know that I'm a caring person that has concerns about others than myself but to racked with sobbing and the feeling of loss after reading it just destroyed a small part of me. The part of me that wants relief and recovery... And the part of me that wants to go, wanted to be with this person. I've not experienced anything like this before, maybe one other time in my life so far...

• Aww..
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
:'( I think I just experienced someone catching their ride to the other side through their exit message. A random person I don't know, that I just found their message. And I've been crying for several minutes now really disgusting tears and sobs... I don't understand why I was affected by this to the degree. 42 years old and still finding new emotions and feelings within me. I don't understand this...

This kind of a reaction is understandable, since we come here carrying our own problems and might just be looking for a way out, and then we stumble upon other people's stories - like the one that you described - and it makes our own situation all the more real, but we may not be fully prepared to read about how their fate has turned out.

• Love
A

Another Day Empty

Sep 8, 2022
This kind of a reaction is understandable, since we come here carrying our own problems and might just be looking for a way out, and then we stumble upon other people's stories - like the one that you described - and it makes our own situation all the more real, but we may not be fully prepared to read about how their fate has turned out.
That's probably it... Still, I didn't expect to encounter feelings like that as suddenly and randomly as they came to me

Reactions: Julgran
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I've found myself very affected by some former members passing.

There was someone recently who turned out to be in my area but I didn't make a priority of checking up on her. Next thing I know she's gone, following a quiet final thread that quickly descended into the abyss of 'page 2' and beyond. You never know if someone is truly serious until they are never to be heard from again. I wonder if I could have helped her situation, or if we could have at least gone together, as I now have almost nothing keeping me here. Many questions that will never be answered.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatPowerIs, ColorlessTrees, Venus13 and 2 others
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
All my tears seemed to dry up for good well over a decade ago. I see it as a healthy normal reaction to cry, ctb is inherently sad as is the suffering that causes people to do it. Sounds like you were simply triggered in the moment by reading of this person. Shedding tears can be cathartic after all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Pluto
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Life is always filled with new things and experiences. Perhaps we feel more strongly seeing someone exit, for reasons similar to our own. That soul was in the same level of pain as I am, so I can relate more emotionally to their departure. There is nothing wrong with you, as you are just a compassionate soul. Much love to you.

• Love
Reactions: WhatPowerIs and Per Ardua Ad Astra