dragontale14

dragontale14

Sufferer
Jul 17, 2023
Isn't it fucked up how people will call the police on you to "make sure you're ok" but they won't just, idk, talk to you like a normal person?

The isolation is bad enough, I don't need do-gooder normies trying to get me arrested just because I expressed some "uncomfortable" views on life.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheGoodGuy, kunikuzushi, RainAndSadness and 6 others
H

HighOctane

EarthRover
Aug 14, 2023
"I think you should go speak to a professional" no… just fucking listen to me and that will be sufficient! Sorry to hear you had the police called on you, sounds awful.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy, kunikuzushi, dragontale14 and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's inhumane, I hate how we exist in a society where suicidal people are treat like criminals. I just think the problem is that so many people have been brainwashed into believing that suicide is "irrational" so they act all horrified when one expresses a perfectly valid wish to permanently escape from all the suffering.

• Love
Reactions: DeathSleep, Suicidebydeath, Amelie and 3 others
I

I'mdone77

Aug 27, 2023
Because there's money in it. Insurance companies pay inpatient facilities based on how many patients they have. It's all a money game.

Reactions: LonelyKitten
EternalPain

EternalPain

To live means to suffer
Sep 11, 2023
I agree, I think it's horrible how suicidal people are seen as unrational and a threat. I think most want to just help but don't know how, so they just call the people who will get you "professional help". Most haven't experienced that happening to themselves and just can't imagine what it's like, and sometimes just end up making it all worse. I think listening to someone and supporting them, even if sometimes you can't understand is most important. Knowing that if all else fails, you'll have someone who respects your decisions can even do the opposite and give you a reason to continue trying, as you'll not have to be alone with it.

• Aww..
Reactions: undecided and dragontale14
dragontale14

dragontale14

Sufferer
Jul 17, 2023
Because there's money in it. Insurance companies pay inpatient facilities based on how many patients they have. It's all a money game.
Whoa, I had no idea! I guess it makes sense, everything in this world comes back to money...

Reactions: I'mdone77
Girlfriend

Girlfriend

I’ll try again next time ☀️
Sep 11, 2023
Isn't it fucked up how people will call the police on you to "make sure you're ok" but they won't just, idk, talk to you like a normal person?

The isolation is bad enough, I don't need do-gooder normies trying to get me arrested just because I expressed some "uncomfortable" views on life.
I think a lot of people believe that suicide is something that will happen when people are not thinking clearly and that they just need time to rethink and "get a grip".

Most do not realize that some people have these thoughts over the course of time and make peace with them.
Liability.
This too!! I think a lot of people are worried about not doing enough. If not in the legal sense, but in the moral sense. Especially if they do care about you… even if that care is surface level.

Reactions: unique snowflake and dragontale14
dragontale14

dragontale14

Sufferer
Jul 17, 2023
I think a lot of people believe that suicide is something that will happen when people are not thinking clearly and that they just need time to rethink and "get a grip".

Most do not realize that some people have these thoughts over the course of time and make peace with them.
I got sober just so when they do my bloodtests after I'm splattered on the pavement, they can't say that I'm out of my mind. But, of course, with sobriety comes SI.

Reactions: undecided and Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Girlfriend

Sep 11, 2023
I got sober just so when they do my bloodtests after I'm splattered on the pavement, they can't say that I'm out of my mind. But, of course, with sobriety comes SI.
How long have you been sober?

exiled

exiled

i gave so many signs
Jun 17, 2023
I would like to hope that most people who do that kind of thing are just genuine people who love and care about us and don't understand the concept of suicide. It is sad though because those people are usually the first to put up "boundaries" and not talk to you about how you're feeling because they are trying to "take care of themselves" past a certain point. It is selfish. It is liability & fear driven a lot of times. And I too get pissed off. But can we really blame them?

Reactions: Girlfriend and dragontale14
dragontale14

dragontale14

Sufferer
Jul 17, 2023
How long have you been sobering

How long have you been sober?
Idk like a month. All I know is that I haven't ingested any intoxicants in the past week so anything that was previously in my body should be gone by this point.
I would like to hope that most people who do that kind of thing are just genuine people who love and care about us and don't understand the concept of suicide. It is sad though because those people are usually the first to put up "boundaries" and not talk to you about how you're feeling because they are trying to "take care of themselves" past a certain point. It is selfish. It is liability & fear driven a lot of times. And I too get pissed off. But can we really blame them?
Idk, I feel like we can. Ultimately, if you don't want anything to do with somebody and can't even be bothered to give them a call on the phone or send a text, you really have no right to try and prevent them from ctb. It makes me fucking sick, personally, how people treat us like criminals then turn around and say that they "just wanted to help."

Nobody, really, wants to help if it is any way uncomfortable or disrupts their peace of mind... which is FINE. Just don't get the fucking Man involved.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Girlfriend

Sep 11, 2023
Idk like a month. All I know is that I haven't ingested any intoxicants in the past week so anything that was previously in my body should be gone by this point.
I don't want to convince you to act in any kind of way but perhaps you should try to give the sobriety a chance for a while before making any big decisions?

I know that can sound condescending so please don't take it that way. But why not one last chance

Reactions: undecided
dragontale14

dragontale14

Sufferer
Jul 17, 2023
I don't want to convince you to act in any kind of way but perhaps you should try to give the sobriety a chance for a while before making any big decisions?

I know that can sound condescending so please don't take it that way. But why not one last chance
Hey, not condescending at all, but it's just that my years of being an addict came sandwiched between two bouts with sobriety* -- one before I was 19/20 and the one that's happening now... and I wanted to kill myself the entire time. The only difference between then and now is that now I've got nothing to lose. But thanks, I appreciate the suggestion anyway.

• Love
Reactions: undecided and Girlfriend
Average Enthusiast

Average Enthusiast

Sep 10, 2023
I suppose a lot of people find it uncomfortable when someone approaches them about their depression or suicidal thoughts. Some genuinely believe that they're to blame and that they can't help the person who came to them, especially if they are a close friend or a family member. I tried to talk to my mother about me "feeling down" and she instantly got defensive. Calling me selfish, basically insulting me and disregarding my feelings. In reality, Im not happy with myself, it really had nothing got to do with her or anyone in my life. I actually felt worse afterwards, which should never be the case. People get offended, and offload you to authorities. They're the real selfish ones rlly, couldn't even talk about an "uncomfortable topic" for 5 mins. Which btw, shouldn't be considered uncomfortable considering so many people experience it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: M.O.N, dvzaazai and dragontale14
dvzaazai

dvzaazai

ambivalence is miserable but necessary
Sep 8, 2023
Yes, definitely. It's so fucked up, too. "You should talk to a professional, that's what'll help you. You should go to the psych ward." People always seem to think that they know what's best for you, and that you don't. I really don't understand how some people think....

Reactions: dragontale14
jbear824

jbear824

F*ck humanity. Let's end this.
Jul 4, 2023
It's how people feel like they are helping while actually doing nothing at best or the complete opposite and inflicting more harm.

U

undecided

Experienced
Aug 25, 2023
Some people are happy in life and don't understand why anyone would feel suicidal. They genuinely don't know how to handle the situation and don't know what to say to make you 'feel better'.
I don't think anyone wants to make your situation worse, they just panic and feel out of their depth, so first reaction is to contact emergency services because they feel they're better equipped to deal with/help suicidal people.

D

Duality

Harmony in Duality
May 27, 2023
They either don't know how to deal with you and your feelings, or they flat out don't want to. It doesn't help that we are all inundated with "talk to a professional" so much in our lives, so it's a very easy jingle for people to repeat.

Uninstall

Uninstall

Jul 30, 2019
People don't know how to handle it directly so they default to trying to mitigate it as much as possible. The buck will be passed around endlessly in hopes that somewhere along the way the issue will be resolved, but since they are not the one in the driver's seat they may overlook how dismissive it feels when taken all together. In my circumstances, I've come to the conclusion that trying the discuss suicide as an option to anyone will ultimately end with unnecessary stress on their end and restrictive measures placed on me. No one wants to be the one to validate someone's suicidal thoughts when it is unclear to them how much can still be done and it is near impossible to objectively demonstrate that the situation is hopeless, so you're both caught in gridlock.

dragontale14

dragontale14

Sufferer
Jul 17, 2023
People don't know how to handle it directly so they default to trying to mitigate it as much as possible. The buck will be passed around endlessly in hopes that somewhere along the way the issue will be resolved, but since they are not the one in the driver's seat they may overlook how dismissive it feels when taken all together. In my circumstances, I've come to the conclusion that trying the discuss suicide as an option to anyone will ultimately end with unnecessary stress on their end and restrictive measures placed on me. No one wants to be the one to validate someone's suicidal thoughts when it is unclear to them how much can still be done and it is near impossible to objectively demonstrate that the situation is hopeless, so you're both caught in gridlock.
"...how much can still be done.. "
Lol, they wish amirite