ericwilkinson

ericwilkinson

Jun 25, 2019
Especially if they weren't close to you at all or didn't help you? I can understand family offering financial support and being wit them since childhood but when you're like me about to get kicked out and hear "no man's an island. we all have friends", I think that someone is either incredibly stupid and navie or is a psychopath trying to guilt trip.

Not everyone is cared for. I'm surprised society think so. Does anyone look at a homeless person and say "wow they'll devastate their family/friends if they kill themselves"? smh

Reactions: Kassender and Zzzzz
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Well if they were actual friends than mostly they will miss what you brought to the relationship. They will miss the time with u because u made their life better in some way. You should always watch what people do and not what they say. That's how you can tell if they care. Friends can't always help you because it is very hard to help people and not everyone has the resources to help other people in the way they need.

Last edited:
Reactions: Misanthrope, echo_bravo and Thanatos
echo_bravo

echo_bravo

just me and the birds
Jul 17, 2019
Well if they were actual friends than mostly they will miss what you brought to the relationship. They will miss the time with u because u made their life better in some way. You should always watch what people do and not what they say. That's how you can tell if they care. Friends can't always help you because it is very hard to help people and not everyone has the resources to help other people in the way they need.

Pretty much this right here. My friends would be messed up. You can't always help with resources. Sometimes not at all.

They would care which makes it harder for me.

Reactions: Final Escape
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I think it is partly due to societal programming and the interconnectedness of the human species as a whole (just by nature). Also, the other aspect is ego, people don't like losing what they have, which in this case, is the existence of another sentient being. So seeing someone (even those that they take for granted) die or disappear, it just disturbs their rose-tinted view of life is great and that disruption itself is enough for them to feign concern. Ultimately, I think it boils down to pride and ego, combined with nature and societal programming.

Reactions: bath salts