E

Existingnotliving

Feb 13, 2020
So I've struggled with my mental health since at least 13, I'm now 25. The last few years have been the worse. Even from being a child I've always seemed to slip through the net, the one that's been missed etc. Its happened all my life so I've gotten used to it but why did no one help me as a child? Now why won't any one help me as an adult suffering the affects of my childhood? I am diagnosed, probably only half of what I could be diagnosed with if they could be bothered to do a full in depth assessment. Yet despite the diagnoses I do already have, the mental health team keep refusing to work with me? How is that even allowed and it's been going on for years. I get told what I need and the treatment I should be having etc yet they then don't give me it? I actually feel like I'm banging my head off a brick wall. I'm getting no where. The teams that have offered help withdraw their offers because I don't have a mental health worker yet mental health won't help me so I'm stuck going round and round in a cycle of self harm and suicide attempts because I've never been given a reason to believe I won't feel like this forever. I slipped through the net with many services as a kid, I didn't expect the same to happen as an adult too... Why can't I ever catch a break and get the help I so desperately need!? :( I feel so alone and abandoned and I just don't know how to keep fighting when every door seems to get slammed in my face. Being failed as a kid is one thing but then being failed as an adult too just knocks all fight out of you. I'm tired just so tired. I can't keep fighting a losing battle when no one is in my corner. Never been a hopeful person or had much hope but right now after all the times I've fought for help and keep getting knocked back, there's no hope anymore. I just don't know how to carry on or just write myself off and make it so I have idea what's going on or even care.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: imjustherehi, demuic, LonelyBrazilian and 2 others
MeltedJello

MeltedJello

My brain is a liquid mess.
Aug 18, 2021
That feeling sucks. Fighting battles alone is extremely difficult, and getting no help when you wish for it, is so messed up. I'm sorry you're going through, and have gone through, all that pain and suffering. I know these words don't really mean much, but I do hope you come across more better & peaceful days.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and Existingnotliving
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry you have to go through this, I know it is painful when things are hopeless. It really is tiring being alive, after all we are all human and there is only so much we can take. We all deserve to get the help that we need, I can imagine it must be frustrating going through all that. Whatever happens, I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: Existingnotliving and demuic