maidens

maidens

" more dead than alive, I endure it "
Aug 27, 2023
I put so much effort into my drawings and other things I make, why does none of my work ever get any attention? it just makes me want to CTB more. I hate this, I could spend a full week in total on a drawing and it'd get at best 8 likes and maybe an insincere compliment. I hate this I hate this I can't stand seeing people get more attention than me it's so stupid and selfish and petty I know that but I can't help it

it's always been like this nobody has ever cared about me or what I make. my stories, my art, none of it will ever be good enough. I wanted to make a living off my art, but now I'll never be able to. I've known that from the day I started posting my art online, so why did I try so hard?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: HaHaSoLame, girlwithflaxenhair0, Ampsvx123 and 10 others
twatingthroughlife

twatingthroughlife

I don't know what I'm doing
Sep 29, 2023
I get it. I'm an artist too and it's hard to think I may never be able to live off of it.

I bet your art is great. When did you start posting it?

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, DeadlineDialer and maidens
maidens

maidens

Aug 27, 2023
I get it. I'm an artist too and it's hard to think I may never be able to live off of it.

I bet your art is great. When did you start posting it?
2020-2019, thank you, I bet yours is good too

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and DeadlineDialer
twatingthroughlife

twatingthroughlife

I don't know what I'm doing
Sep 29, 2023
2020-2019, thank you, I bet yours is good too
No problem. Have you studied anything related to art? Maybe you just haven't found your demographic or even your style? Idk, there are many things that can affect the attention you get. That doesn't mean your art isn't good enough. In my case i know that I haven't found my style. I'm more of a printer 😅 because I'm not creative at all so I kind of feel like my art doesn't transmit anything.

• Love
Reactions: maidens, Praestat_Mori, Dandy88 and 1 other person
D

Dandy88

May 29, 2023
I put so much effort into my drawings and other things I make, why does none of my work ever get any attention? it just makes me want to CTB more. I hate this, I could spend a full week in total on a drawing and it'd get at best 8 likes and maybe an insincere compliment. I hate this I hate this I can't stand seeing people get more attention than me it's so stupid and selfish and petty I know that but I can't help it

it's always been like this nobody has ever cared about me or what I make. my stories, my art, none of it will ever be good enough. I wanted to make a living off my art, but now I'll never be able to. I've known that from the day I started posting my art online, so why did I try so hard?
Can I see some of your masterpiece? I'm pretty sure, I will love it :)
Maybe some older ones or one you didn't published?

• Love
Reactions: maidens, Praestat_Mori, twatingthroughlife and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It can be frustrating but being able to earn a living with any kind of art is probably one of the most difficult ways to earn money. It always needs a little bit of luck to. I wish you all the best and hope that you will have the luck you need to be able to sell your art pieces.

May we see some of your art here?

• Love
Reactions: maidens
Cress

Cress

Arcanist
Oct 15, 2023
I can relate does hurt to put massive amounts of time into something and The algorithm For whatever website you're using doesn't take notice. I was trying to operate off of Just do the work you love And your audience will find you. However it's getting harder to believe that When you take a look at the arbitrary metrics that some of these websites use.

A lot of it is just talent and a lot of luck on the side. I think the people that are successful are the ones that do it regardless whether or not they get any views or not That unfortunately tends to favor a lot of poor quality low effort type stuff but it is what it is. Being successful in the arts field is a marathon And you have to slowly build up Without getting burned out.

We can always offer you compassion and empathy And I'm really sorry that you're feeling so discouraged. Would you be willing to try to take a break from the artwork for a while and come back After a hiatus? Your talent and skills will always be there when you come back.

• Love
maidens

maidens

Aug 27, 2023
No problem. Have you studied anything related to art? Maybe you just haven't found your demographic or even your style? Idk, there are many things that can affect the attention you get. That doesn't mean your art isn't good enough. In my case i know that I haven't found my style. I'm more of a printer 😅 because I'm not creative at all so I kind of feel like my art doesn't transmit anything.
I try to study the 2000s anime artstyle but I'm not good at it, maybe it's because I've only been practicing it since early 2022. thank you
thank you to everyone who replied, to the people asking if they can see my art I'll draw something right now since the ones I have at the moment I'm too embarrassed to show ,,,
thank you to everyone who replied, to the people asking if they can see my art I'll draw something right now since the ones I have at the moment I'm too embarrassed to show ,,,

maidens

maidens

Aug 27, 2023
It can be frustrating but being able to earn a living with any kind of art is probably one of the most difficult ways to earn money. It always needs a little bit of luck to. I wish you all the best and hope that you will have the luck you need to be able to sell your art pieces.

May we see some of your art here?
Can I see some of your masterpiece? I'm pretty sure, I will love it :)
Maybe some older ones or one you didn't published?

it's been a bit but I kept forgetting and couldn't bring myself to do it when I remembered. I don't normally draw eyes this far apart I just couldn't be bothered to fix it at the time, I drew this for a relationship chart with for my characters

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
ddn.ctb

ddn.ctb

Waiting to step off in front of an audience
Sep 9, 2023

I have connections to the arts world and I can really feel for you on this one. We spend so much time on our art that it really is discouraging and disheartening. I am wondering if you are showing it to the right audience. I am assuming you showing it on social media, but maybe there are better forums for your type of art? Learning your niche is important in art. It may not be an answer, but it might be a good question to start with.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and maidens
Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
I like you art and would love to see more :)

• Love
Reactions: maidens and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023

it's been a bit but I kept forgetting and couldn't bring myself to do it when I remembered. I don't normally draw eyes this far apart I just couldn't be bothered to fix it at the time, I drew this for a relationship chart with for my characters
This looks so nice!

• Love
Ampsvx123

Ampsvx123

Student
Jul 10, 2018
U'll have plenty of time to perfect ur craft when comes the eternal. Don't let the ephemeral bother u, it is not lasting and pointless.

• Love
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I've (for now) come to the conclusion that getting recognition online with art, music, etc is more about chance than it is about your actual worth. There are a lot of really awesome artists that go undetected for various reasons, nonetheless they are still fantastic. Sometimes I wonder if having a high output has anything to do with being more successful. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's just a theory of mine. I contemplate these things a lot of the time too, although it is hard to come to a conclusion on the matter.

• Love
B

bqhh

Oct 22, 2023
Have you tried to make a fiverr account to sell your ability?

• Love