C

Coolchicka

Jul 20, 2018
In high school, a few different people of the opposite sex, would approach me from behind and say "Hi, coolchicka What's up?" while they were with their friends. I imagine they would laugh about how quiet and weird I am. Problem is that I usually never responded because I assumed they were messing with me and I had pretty bad social anxiety.
A few times, this one guy that did this to me frequently would say it right to me, but I still chose to ignore him. I know that I should've just responded but I can't get over that they probably thought I was really weird, rude piece of shit.
I'm still confused if what I did was rude. What if they were they just trying to help me come out of my shell? In hs, I was quiet and a loner. I probably have aspergers and I was anxious and depressed, so it was pretty clear that I wasn't very approachable.
I feel so bad about this, and I got reminded of it today because I overheard my parents talking about a 7 year old girl, who's our neighbor. According to my mom, she didn't talk when my mom told her something, and it reminded me of myself. My parents concurred that that girl is weird and not normal. I can't believe that I am this kind of person. I have ignored people who were probably innocuous before out of anxiety and worry. I feel like such a piece of shit.

• Hugs
Reactions: ReflectionOfTrauma, TheSoulless, grungeCat and 5 others
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
You're not a piece of shit, that is a pretty logical conclusion. Talking in that way with a whole complete posse is a sure sign they were messing with you. In high school I'd deal with the same stuff. I also am the same with the bad social anxiety, so if I ever tried to befriend anyone, Id always go with "hows your day going" for example. The local posse would just parrot that line, then laugh with each other as if it was the funniest thing in the world. If anything having people write others off just because they don't socialize in the same way makes them the real pieces of shit.

• Love
Reactions: WitheringAway, Coolchicka and KleinerWolf
C

Coolchicka

Jul 20, 2018
You're not a piece of shit, that is a pretty logical conclusion. Talking in that way with a whole complete posse is a sure sign they were messing with you. In high school I'd deal with the same stuff. I also am the same with the bad social anxiety, so if I ever tried to befriend anyone, Id always go with "hows your day going" for example. The local posse would just parrot that line, then laugh with each other as if it was the funniest thing in the world. If anything having people write others off just because they don't socialize in the same way makes them the real pieces of shit.
I'm sorry you had to go through that. In my situation, they didn't necessarily have a posse, it was either when they were with one other personor in the middle of class they would say "Oh I like chocolate ice cream because coolchicka likes it" in front of everyone in the class.

Kudos to you for still talking to them when they were clearly messing with you; I know that I would have just gotten anxious and would be unable to say anything.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
they probably thought it was funny to see you become anxious as you tried to figure out what they were doing. you're not a piece of shit for that, they're the pieces of shit.

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, Donewiyhitall, WitheringAway and 2 others
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
In high school, a few different people of the opposite sex, would approach me from behind and say "Hi, coolchicka What's up?" while they were with their friends. I imagine they would laugh about how quiet and weird I am. Problem is that I usually never responded because I assumed they were messing with me and I had pretty bad social anxiety.
A few times, this one guy that did this to me frequently would say it right to me, but I still chose to ignore him. I know that I should've just responded but I can't get over that they probably thought I was really weird, rude piece of shit.
I'm still confused if what I did was rude. What if they were they just trying to help me come out of my shell? In hs, I was quiet and a loner. I probably have aspergers and I was anxious and depressed, so it was pretty clear that I wasn't very approachable.
I feel so bad about this, and I got reminded of it today because I overheard my parents talking about a 7 year old girl, who's our neighbor. According to my mom, she didn't talk when my mom told her something, and it reminded me of myself. My parents concurred that that girl is weird and not normal. I can't believe that I am this kind of person. I have ignored people who were probably innocuous before out of anxiety and worry. I feel like such a piece of shit.
I thinlk you are being harsh on yourself.
First of all high school is nor a nice place. People are immature and trying to work out who they are, and with this comes a bit of cruelness sadly.
My guess is that they found youto be a mystery, and believe it or not they might have liked you but not had the maturity to show you properly.
I have high functioning autism and the truth is we are different. Weird is a horrible phrase and suggests that there is something wrong.
Many neurotypical people actually find us fascinating, almost a mystery. Ive had it all my life, people would laugh at me for no apparent reason because im different and they dont know why. It wasnt always meant to hurt me.
Maybe seeking a diagnosis would give you some comfort and understanding that your not in fact weird. You simply have a different brain x

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, WitheringAway and Coolchicka
clayp

clayp

Student
Sep 24, 2020
Wasn't teased thank god for that. But I wish I could be done more when I saw some kids being bullied. But the pressures of high school are tremendous. Since the brands you wear and who you hang out with.

Reactions: Coolchicka
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
First of all high school is nor a nice place. People are immature and trying to work out who they are, and with this comes a bit of cruelness sadly.
My guess is that they found youto be a mystery, and believe it or not they might have liked you but not had the maturity to show you properly.
I have high functioning autism and the truth is we are different. Weird is a horrible phrase and suggests that there is something wrong.
Many neurotypical people actually find us fascinating, almost a mystery. Ive had it all my life, people would laugh at me for no apparent reason because im different and they dont know why. It wasnt always meant to hurt me.
Maybe seeking a diagnosis would give you some comfort and understanding that your not in fact weird. You simply have a different brain x
Its amazing that coolchicka is your real name btw

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, Good4Nothing and Coolchicka
C

Coolchicka

Jul 20, 2018
Thank you for the kind words. A few of them probably did think I was a mystery because I did not act conventionally at all.
Its amazing that coolchicka is your real name btw
if only coolchicka was my real name hahaha

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Thank you for the kind words. A few of them probably did think I was a mystery because I did not act conventionally at all.

if only coolchicka was my real name hahaha
They called you that in school though!

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and Coolchicka
H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
High schoolers, hell, even full-grown adults--sadly--will pick on anyone different. Your quiet and reserved disposition is something they can exploit--not that it's a bad quality; society could benefit from more reservation instead being loud and obnoxious (which there is an excess of.) To summarize the answer to your question: because you're not another brain-dead sheep like ninety percent of society; you dare to be okay and accepting of yourself; not fitting in boxes makes society uncomfortable. I say fuck society and people in general-Willow.

Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
If they were trying to help you come out of your shell they wouldn't have repeated the same strategy that didn't seem to work over and over again. I don't think it's your fault you did not respond to them, you did not chose to be anxious and you dealt with things the way you thought were better for you.

grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
Quite sad to read as I had and have the same feelings. Almost everybody used to bully me in primary school so now I cannot differentiate whether people has good or bad intentions toward me. Was you bullied in school?

• Hugs
Reactions: ReflectionOfTrauma and Coolchicka
C

Coolchicka

Jul 20, 2018
Quite sad to read as I had and have the same feelings. Almost everybody used to bully me in primary school so now I cannot differentiate whether people has good or bad intentions toward me. Was you bullied in school?
I'm sorry you had to go through that. I don't think recall any bullying in primary school; it was mainly in middle school for me.