finish.me

finish.me

I need you to feel this
Jul 14, 2021
I understand having limited internet access is probably a good thing so I get why they take phones away but i just realized how fucking awful it is that you only get visitors for like 30 minutes a day and spend the rest of the time looking at a fucking wall. What the fuck is the point of that?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: archipelago, Chinchilla, QuietLake and 14 others
RN12

RN12

Student
Jul 25, 2021
so you can't tell the outer world how they drug and torture people i guess

• Love
Reactions: HAKMKS, WonderingSoul, archipelago and 16 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
They have the infantile approach that being in time-out is good for your mental health. That not talking to the outside world will help you ease your mind. They don't know that sometimes our own mind tortures us when we're isolated.

Reactions: WonderingSoul, archipelago, Chinchilla and 13 others
nosurpries

nosurpries

Jul 3, 2022
this is literally one of my biggest issues with stuff like that, it makes no sense. no empathy and very little understanding, no humanistic approach.

Reactions: WonderingSoul, archipelago, lights_are_on and 9 others
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
Prison without any trial

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: archipelago, nosurpries, lights_are_on and 13 others
Ethereal Knight

Ethereal Knight

Seja um bom soldado, morra onde você caiu.
Jan 10, 2022
Reactions: HAKMKS, Skathon, Not_A_Seagull and 1 other person
Sans

Sans

Protesting the conditions of an inhumane world
Oct 2, 2019
Because they're not there to "help" you, despite what they claim. Thankfully, I've avoided these concentration camps my whole life thus far, but going to one is a fate I wouldn't wish upon even those I hate the most. Instead of addressing the root causes of people's desire to end their lives, they instead take away any and all contact with the outside world and lock you in a prison cell for an eternity. Nothing exactly "helpful" about that.

Reactions: Élégie, Skathon, LastFlowers and 4 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
One big factor is that the longer they can keep you depressed the more money they can make. Hospitalizations are really profitable for most hospitals. It's not always like that, but it is often like that. So the best thing to do is pretend like you're getting better so you can get out as soon as possible. Building up a network of support of family and friends outside ths hospital is much better, as well as a relationship if possible- easier said thna done, bt that's what really helps.

Reactions: Élégie, LastFlowers, Ringo and 5 others
O

obafgkm

Experienced
Jun 3, 2022
Prison without any trial
Yes, that's the original idea to lock up people authorities don't like. If they actually did something they are charged with a crime. If not then they are declared insane and locked up in psych wards.

• Love
Reactions: noaccount, Skathon, LastFlowers and 3 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Yes, that's the original idea to lock up people authorities don't like. If they actually did something they are charged with a crime. If not then they are declared insane and locked up in psych wards.
In some countries it is like this, but in the U.S. this is done mainly for profit rather than to lock up enemies.

Reactions: Euthanza, Not_A_Seagull and obafgkm
Not_A_Seagull

Not_A_Seagull

Jul 6, 2022
Its because they dont care about you
Our society treats mentally ill people like dogshit which results in inhumane treatment of mentally ill people

Reactions: HAKMKS, OpheliasFlowers, beautifulinception and 3 others
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022

Our society treats mentally ill people like dogshit which results in inhumane treatment of mentally ill people

Even suicide bomber/attacker gets a fair trial.

I got irk everytime I read the media glorifies so called suicidologist or suicide prevention expert not even being suicidal; Should they self proclaim themselves as Suicide-Crab-Mentality-Preventors (SCMP)

Tired_only

Tired_only

Tired
Sep 22, 2021
I understand having limited internet access is probably a good thing so I get why they take phones away but i just realized how fucking awful it is that you only get visitors for like 30 minutes a day and spend the rest of the time looking at a fucking wall. What the fuck is the point of that?
you actually have people in your life that care about you? lucky

Reactions: Un- and Skathon
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
In some countries it is like this, but in the U.S. this is done mainly for profit rather than to lock up enemies.
I think it can happen anywhere because it only requires someone who doesn't like you or who wants to control you to call the authorities and tell them you are mentally unwell (or that you spoke of suicide)..they can lie out their ass and have you locked up and subsequently labeled for life.

Reactions: Skathon and obafgkm
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
To play Devil's Advocate, the people in your life may be contributing to your symptoms. Shitty family members and "friends" can make things worse. The docs don't want to add complexity onto your case.

Reactions: Un-
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Because the purpose of sending or threatening to send a suicidal person to a psych ward is not to make them want to kill themselves any less by addressing whatever it is about their life that's making them want to do so: It's to use boredom as a form of torture to make these people more reluctant to commit suicide because solving the actual problems is too hard.

Reactions: Un-, Élégie and Skathon
finish.me

finish.me

I need you to feel this
Jul 14, 2021
you actually have people in your life that care about you? lucky
lmao it actually sucks ass
No one actually genuinely cares about me or my feelings i think a lot of the people who /are/ in my life just act compulsively, like i'm my mom's son so of course she's going to act like she cares. My boyfriend says he loves me but never initiates conversation or cares about me half as much as i do him. But they're there. and if they weren't i would be fucking free of this place by now. It's just another prison

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
That's what you get for letting people know you're suicidal. Don't make the same mistake twice

• Hmph!
Reactions: rainwillneverstop
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I don't really know the answer but I can tell of my little experience. I was once in a psych ward. I was psychotic. It was my first psychosis I was very delusional. There was a phone in the psych ward. I called my best friend. My best friend did not realize I was mentally ill. Honestly me and my best friend can laugh about some incidents during that time. It was kind of awkward and very confusing for us both.

Yeah I asked him how I could free myself from the psych ward. I think he read out loud some ideas from the internet how to escape. He also told me horror experiences of other people in the psych ward. I wanted to call a lawyer. LMAO. I more or less started a rebellion in the psych ward. But before I got many followers I was moved to another clinic.

Yeah I think one reason is you could get information how to kill yourself or escape from the psych ward. I know a girl who escaped from a psych ward several times. In her case this is really dangerous because she is also severely delusional. I cannot really imagine how she did that. She said she was really creative. I was kind of shocked how she did that. I would not have been able to do that at all. And it was right for me to stay. The medication there helped against my psychosis.

Oh and after the phone call with my best friend they blocked the access to the phone. I think they were scared I could flee.

I think people in the psych ward shall become calm. People who are psychotic must have only little stress and little impulses in order to get a clear mind again.

Last edited:
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
I find the BITE model of understanding authoritarian control, written for survivors of cults and other high-control environments to help understand what happened to them, useful in understanding the experiences of victims of psychiatry.

It's divided into Behavioral Control, Information Control, Thought Control, and Emotional Control - hence the acronym. Take a look.

We are here for you in whatever limited way you're able to talk to us from that place. I'm so sorry. None of it is your fault.

rainwillneverstop

rainwillneverstop

Global Mod | Serious Health Hazard
Jul 12, 2022
It is sad to see how bad some psych wards can be. This only confirms the need for more funding for mental institutions, it is lacking in almost every place I know.
We have come a long way since just 10 years ago, but certainly there is still a very long way to go..

Where I am from, there is not a limit on visitor time nor phone/internet time. You can even bring an electric keyboard if you feel like.
I am just sharing this to remind everyone that there is differences between psych wards (from country to country.)

Reactions: chronicallybroken
Rosslynn24

Rosslynn24

Jul 30, 2022
They cut you off to brainwash you into thinking life will get better, put you on meds and hold control till they are convinced that you won't act on your si. I've been through it my whole life, in and out of phych wards.

N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
It is sad to see how bad some psych wards can be. This only confirms the need for more funding for mental institutions, it is lacking in almost every place I know.
We have come a long way since just 10 years ago, but certainly there is still a very long way to go..

Where I am from, there is not a limit on visitor time nor phone/internet time. You can even bring an electric keyboard if you feel like.
I am just sharing this to remind everyone that there is differences between psych wards (from country to country.)
"OH I'm so sorry that these people are paid, in every state in the country, every province in Canada, and every country in the EU, to kidnap, sexually abuse, and force drug people, and that's a core part of their stated purpose that the police and the courts EXISTENTIALLY RELY ON THEM FOR, but I'm sure if we just give them even MORE MONEY they'll stop <3 <3 <3 uwu"

Don't be disgusting.