Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
My latest dream was me being attacked by hornets until I grabbed the nest and tossed it into a lake. I could feel every agonizing sting.

Reactions: Sinbad, KitKat, Xaphous and 5 others
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
I have had quite a few weird dreams this year, ranging from dying to falling, to running slow motion and not getting anywhere.

The oddest one I've had several times this year, I was near a mountain and there was a door of some sort on the side if it. I kept hearing someone yelling help, I open the door and it's like paradise on the other side with glistening lakes, green grass and trees. But I keep hearing someone yelling help, and I never find anyone.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Sinbad, KitKat and 2 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
I only have peaceful dreams, the nightmare is when I wake up. Recently I have been constantly dreaming of miraculously finding N or having it delivered and preparing to take it. Though in my last dream I took it but wasn't dying and that was horrible

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Skathon, Sinbad and 4 others
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
My nightmares begin once I wake up. My dreams are boring.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, gingerplum, KitKat and 2 others
Bread

Bread

Avoid if allergic to gluten
Dec 1, 2018
I only have peaceful dreams, the nightmare is when I wake up. Recently I have been constantly dreaming of miraculously finding N or having it delivered and preparing to take it.
I just had a dream that was very similar! There was a package on my front porch and I thought it might be n. When I opened it up and saw the two bottles I felt immense relief. I cradled the bottles in my arms and I was so thankful. Then I woke up and realized the dream wasn't real and I'm still stuck in this hellscape. I also remembered that for now n is far out of my reach. ):

I guess that was a nice dream, I usually have low-key nightmares. I've had this repeating theme in my dreams for more than a year that the people I care about are ignoring me or don't remember me. I usually follow them around for some time, trying to talk to them, but they're always much more happy to be talking to someone else. Those dreams suck but I guess they're kind of true to reality. I can't even escape from it in my sleep.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, KitKat and therhydler
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
Repressed trauma can manifest in nightmares like this. Some psych meds can also cause nightmares.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, KitKat, Xaphous and 1 other person
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
My latest dream was me being attacked by hornets until I grabbed the nest and tossed it into a lake. I could feel every agonizing sting.
I often have vivid and unpleasant dreams when I stop taking my antidepressants for a few days. Wonder if this is your situation. Either way, it doesn't make the nightmares less disturbing.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
I just had a dream that was very similar! There was a package on my front porch and I thought it might be n. When I opened it up and saw the two bottles I felt immense relief. I cradled the bottles in my arms and I was so thankful. Then I woke up and realized the dream wasn't real and I'm still stuck in this hellscape. I also remembered that for now n is far out of my reach. ):

I guess that was a nice dream, I usually have low-key nightmares. I've had this repeating theme in my dreams for more than a year that the people I care about are ignoring me or don't remember me. I usually follow them around for some time, trying to talk to them, but they're always much more happy to be talking to someone else. Those dreams suck but I guess they're kind of true to reality. I can't even escape from it in my sleep.
You have impressive recall of your dreams, Bread! Do you keep a journal? Is that how you're able to remember the themes so well? Just curious.

Xaphous

Xaphous

hikikomori
Nov 11, 2018
Simply put your dark thoughts, experience of reality are being played out by the subconscious in dream time in the form of images. I have had countless terrible ones myself but ones linked with sleep paralysis are the worst, luckily I don't get them often now though.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Jen Erik and KitKat
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

Jul 13, 2018
You have impressive recall of your dreams, Bread! Do you keep a journal? Is that how you're able to remember the themes so well? Just curious.
I know you addressed this to Bread, but I can relate to recalling dreams. I can remember one from when I was like 6 or 7, and quite a few since then. Oddly enough I can remember the words that were spoken in some of them.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, KitKat and cupio dissolvi
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
I know you addressed this to Bread, but I can relate to recalling dreams. I can remember one from when I was like 6 or 7, and quite a few since then. Oddly enough I can remember the words that were spoken in some of them.
WOW! Do you have a pretty good memory of events that occur in waking life, too? Also, was the dream you had at age 6-7 a bad one?

Empty Smile

Empty Smile

Jul 13, 2018
I don't know if I'd call that dream bad or not. It was kind of stupid and why I remember it 40 years later is beyond me...

I had a gun and was shooting a pillow, but every time I shot the pillow, it would jump up and hit me in the face.

See? Stupid!!!

As for events that occur in waking life... Nope.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and KitKat
Bread

Bread

Avoid if allergic to gluten
Dec 1, 2018
I can usually only recall dreams well if I wake up while I'm still having them. Based on that, there's probably a huge amount of them that I have no memory of. Also I do write some of them down. About a year ago I was curious as to how often I have that repeating theme in my dreams so I started keeping a record of them. It seems I have at least a few each month but there's probably a lot more that I can't remember.

Reactions: sif and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals