• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
It is legal for anyone to reproduce.
It is legal to procreate in a world of suffering.
It is legal to have any number of children.
I was born without my permission.
I have the right to live my life the way I want.
I should have the same right over my death.
Birth is the cause of all suffering and death.
I must die because I was born.
But the politicians have power over euthanasia.
The civilization wants to extend human life.
The civilization doesn´t want to shorten human life.
Domesticated pets may be euthanized.
Domesticated humans don´t have the same right.
No physician wants to end my meaningless suffering.
Euthanasia has strict rules, illegal in most countries.
The society doesn´t accept that I end my life.
It is almost impossible to get hold of lethal medicine.
The society doesn´t want me to die.
It seems that the society wants me to suffer forever.
Conclusion: My right to die is denied.
No right to die even though the world is overpopulated.
Why can´t I decide when I want to die?
It is inhumane to force people to meaningless suffering.

Why suicide is taboo: When the society prevents suicide, they base it on Christianity: "Thuo shalt do no murder." According to the Bible, suicide is equivalent to murder. God is the only one who can decide when and how a person can die. God is the giver of life. He gives and takes. Suicide is ungodly because it rejects God´s gift of life. No man may reject God´s authority and end his own life. According to our present laws, murder is the worst crime one can commit which is also based on religion. Suicide has been illegal. In the 1800s, one could get a prison sentence if one survived a suicide attempt. Much of that is still there: shame, fear and guilt are associated with suicide.

Bibeln

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: myusername890, ijustwishtodie, sserafim and 15 others
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Those who commit suicide aren't the ones who are upset, it is those who live and mourn that must find an excuse other than themselves. The human mind is fragile, but very capable of distorting its views in order to make themselves feel comfortable with living on.

Reactions: sserafim, Praestat_Mori and divinemistress36
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I find it hellish and disgusting how humans wish to make it so we really have to struggle to die on our own terms even know we never consented to this existence and aren't obligated to continue. It's horrifying how the option to be euthanised isn't a basic human right especially as in existence there is endless potential for suffering, it disturbs me how there is no limit as to how much one can suffer in an existence that was always futile and undesirable in the first place, it's evil to deny people the option of a peaceful exit from this existence.

Reactions: myusername890, ijustwishtodie, sserafim and 3 others
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
My guess is because it is not understood. It freaks people out.

Ban that which we do not know.

Reactions: myusername890, sserafim, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
Because it is subversive towards the ideal society holds: inniate and undebatable value of life and also propagation of the species. Granted contraceptives exist and people choose not to have children too but those to do not call into question that life maybe not worth living. Even if only for some people.

Not matter how tolerant people claim to be "subversive" elements are always done away with as evil. And it really doesn't matter what is seen as disruptive towards "societal order".

We can put ethnic and sexual minorities as scapegoats in here too but that is becoming taboo itself to have it so the goal post is moved towards ideological and philosophical enemies including people who want suicide to be seen as a legitmate decision to make.

I tend to think how conformist people really are at the end of the day.

Reactions: myusername890, ijustwishtodie, sserafim and 1 other person
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Who says suicide is taboo? I think I have never ever heard of anyone that has looked down upon someone that took their life.

But more about blaming systems for failing etc etc etc. But actually never the person that committed the act themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
Who says suicide is taboo? I think I have never ever heard of anyone that has looked down upon someone that took their life.
You never met anyone irl who said that suicide is selfish?🤨

Reactions: myusername890
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Lucky. Everyone who knows that hasn't felt the same hits me with selfish, cowardly, inconsiderate, ect. Give me looks when I say I think it's braver to kill yourself and leave.
I mean I am amazed that it has ever been considered a taboo. I had no clue. Really. Because 1) it takes extreme courage to do. 2) someone must really be suffering to even consider it. I can't see how that is selfish. But I mean, jepp people have different views and perspectives. And that's just how it's always going to be ♥️

Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
It is legal for anyone to reproduce.
It is legal to procreate in a world of suffering.
It is legal to have any number of children.
I was born without my permission.
I have the right to live my life the way I want.
I should have the same right over my death.
Birth is the cause of all suffering and death.
I must die because I was born.
But the politicians have power over euthanasia.
The civilization wants to extend human life.
The civilization doesn´t want to shorten human life.
Domesticated pets may be euthanized.
Domesticated humans don´t have the same right.
No physician wants to end my meaningless suffering.
Euthanasia has strict rules, illegal in most countries.
The society doesn´t accept that I end my life.
It is almost impossible to get hold of lethal medicine.
The society doesn´t want me to die.
It seems that the society wants me to suffer forever.
Conclusion: My right to die is denied.
No right to die even though the world is overpopulated.
Why can´t I decide when I want to die?
It is inhumane to force people to meaningless suffering.

Why suicide is taboo: When the society prevents suicide, they base it on Christianity: "Thuo shalt do no murder." According to the Bible, suicide is equivalent to murder. God is the only one who can decide when and how a person can die. God is the giver of life. He gives and takes. Suicide is ungodly because it rejects God´s gift of life. No man may reject God´s authority and end his own life. According to our present laws, murder is the worst crime one can commit which is also based on religion. Suicide has been illegal. In the 1800s, one could get a prison sentence if one survived a suicide attempt. Much of that is still there: shame, fear and guilt are associated with suicide.

View attachment 127558
What does god say about commiting suicide if your terminally mentally og physically ill? Will it still then be considered a sin.

PoorYorick

PoorYorick

Jan 4, 2024
Majority thinks that the development of humanity makes great sense. In order to develop humanity we must grow in numbers and skills. So everyone should live and reproduce and killing oneself doesn't help in reaching the goal. Same applies to the government point of view.

So it's better not to talk about things that destroy society. I guess that's where the taboo comes from.

Suicide also causes much grief in usual people, another reason to make it taboo. Discourage it.

More or less the same is with killing other people. It's not considered a healthy topic to talk about possible ways of killing people.

On the other side, let's consider people who could potentially change the world so that suicide be no longer taboo. Such a group of people would probably accept suicide. When they accept it, they can also do it, so the group becomes smaller. I bet such people also have low motivation. Suicidal societies are doomed to die, disappear. Don't they?

And it's fine, because the people who remain in this world should be happy and believe that their existence makes sense. It's better to leave them this way. Let's not try to make them unhappy, by making them more conscious.

Reactions: sserafim and divinemistress36
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
It's a taboo created to keep people, especially young people, from jumping off cliffs like lemmings. Probably came from religion initially alright. The 'life is sacred' brigade. It keeps the herd believing that life has meaning.

Reactions: sserafim, divinemistress36 and pthnrdnojvsc
FujoshiNeet

FujoshiNeet

people call me unhinged
Jan 21, 2024
Death itself is a taboo and I don't get why people don't want to talk about it. It happens to all of us one way or another. It's better to accept this and have plans you made through prior discussions with others so people know exactly what to do when you're gone.

Reactions: sserafim and Tears in Rain
C

cold_severance

Student
Dec 11, 2023
morals themselves come first and their justifications are added later. in human history different societies had different outlook on suicide, which is completely arbitrary. even for western civilization you could interpret the morality of suicide from bible however you want, so it doesn't really matter as to why.

Reactions: sserafim
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I think because normal people are traumatised when loved ones pass on.

No one understands how broken we are and that CTB is the only way to stop the suffering.

As long as its a last resort, I think people are generally more accepting though.

If they can see people tried to recover and failed, they emphasise more in my experience.

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
There's a huge taboo around suicide coming from Christianity.
In the past those who killed themselves couldn't be buried inside cemetery because they weren't considered pure.
My grandfather's sister took her life and I never heard anything about her from any relative until I was about 22.
My grandfather never mentioned he had a sister although we were quite close and talked a lot.

Reactions: sserafim, divinemistress36 and Tears in Rain
L

lifewasawillowtv

You’re losing me
Nov 12, 2023
What I don't understand is in Christianity predestination is a big thing, so how can I be blamed or have stood a chance when God himself willed it that I would ctb. It's not my fault it's his. You can't have predestination and free will, pick one. It doesn't make any sense.

Reactions: sserafim
B

BlessedBeTheFlame

All things are nothing to me
Feb 2, 2024
Remember: Murder is illegal, because it deprives the government of tax money.

Reactions: sserafim and divinemistress36
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
This religious inhibition that suicide is equivalent to murder must let go so that people aren´t tormented and can decide when they want to die. Why force chronically sick and chronically disabled people to live? Man should have the right to decide over his own death to avoid meaningless suffering. Most people aren´t religious where I live so why stick with this religious fabrication. The great mass of humans are very stupid. The politicians shouldn´t have power over euthanasia - there is fault in the system in the society. The country´s inhabitants of millions of people let a small government get away with bad politics.