• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking and dreamscape1111
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Why do you feel like you can't recover? 🫂❤️
Because I feel like I'm too far gone
Also, maybe it'd help reading this snippet I shared from Viktor Frankl's book called "Man's Search for Meaning". It gave me a lot of hope, the whole book is great. Wishing you all the best, dear friend 🙏✨

Post in thread 'Inspirational Quotes Thread'
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/inspirational-quotes-thread.108743/post-2241088
I see. I get what you're trying to say but the moment where depressed people recover doesn't happen on its own. It happens because either they received so much support from someone (that is what a failed suicide attempt gets you) or they simply worked on their issues. If I keep on living and never recover, I wasted an entire life for nothing. If I CTB and succeed, I'd never have to worry about the future again whether it's bad or not.

I can't even be a proper human...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: secretsfromthecity, edu0z and venomousSSërpent74
Krisis

Krisis

Nov 16, 2023
Because I feel like I'm too far gone
That's a presupposition that you're going to have to triumph over.

I don't know if this will help you, but an idea that I have been turning over in my head recently is how we're limited biological systems. The insidious thing about the mind is that it holds the potential to amplify our own individuality, so it's easy to feel alone in our suffering.

However, truthfully, because of those constraints on our mind, there's no reason to assume that your case holds a level of exclusivity that precludes you from recovering. You're not alone; everything that you perceive exists only because your mind allows it to, so you're not off the spectrum of existence, and there is hope for you.

Now this does not mean you're not special to an extent. You are limited, but it is because you are limited that you can feel empowered in your own personal way. It is because of these constraints that uniqueness can prosper. After all, without these constraints, life would just be an incoherent mess.

The point is that you're not too far gone because you can never be; you're alive, which means you can create a meaningful life for yourself.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Cloud Busting and ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
That's a presupposition that you're going to have to triumph over.
It is indeed. And I'd rather it not be that way as it can only be triumphed by reaching old age and still not being able to improve. Otherwise, there technically is a non zero chance, no matter how small, to improve and get recovery
I don't know if this will help you, but an idea that I have been turning over in my head recently is how we're limited biological systems. The insidious thing about the mind is that it holds the potential to amplify our own individuality, so it's easy to feel alone in our suffering.
That is true.
However, truthfully, because of those constraints on our mind, there's no reason to assume that your case holds a level of exclusivity that precludes you from recovering. You're not alone; everything that you perceive exists only because your mind allows it to, so you're not off the spectrum of existence, and there is hope for you.
I don't believe that I'm alone in my suffering as others definitely suffered like this. However, I've searched a lot on the internet and I can't find anything.
Now this does not mean you're not special to an extent. You are limited, but it is because you are limited that you can feel empowered in your own personal way. It is because of these constraints that uniqueness can prosper. After all, without these constraints, life would just be an incoherent mess.
Sorry, I can't comprehend this. Could you please clarify what you mean here?
The point is that you're not too far gone because you can never be; you're alive, which means you can create a meaningful life for yourself.
Being alive in and of itself doesn't mean that I can create a meaningful life for myself. I need to put in real and hard effort to actually improve

Reactions: Krisis
Krisis

Krisis

Nov 16, 2023
It is indeed. And I'd rather it not be that way as it can only be triumphed by reaching old age and still not being able to improve. Otherwise, there technically is a non zero chance, no matter how small, to improve and get recovery
That is another assumption that is holding you back. This doesn't have to be true -- despite what your mind forces you to tell yourself.

I don't believe that I'm alone in my suffering as others definitely suffered like this. However, I've searched a lot on the internet and I can't find anything.
Discovering specific cases is completely unnecessary, which ties into my original point.

Sorry, I can't comprehend this. Could you please clarify what you mean here?
I apologize; I am not very good at conveying my thoughts clearly, so I will try a bit harder this time; I will probably still fail, but try to bear with me. (By the way, I am not implying you're lacking in any way here; I am genuinely not a very efficient communicator).

Let me first try and add onto this further: Because you are human, you are limited by biology to a certain extent. It is because of those limitations that you can be unique and creative. Suppose we were born with no constraints; our biology allowed anything. This is difficult to fathom because we would more or less be mounds of flesh with no direction. It is because our humanity dictates a certain scope that we are able to prosper as individuals.

And of course, this directly can be applied to suffering because if our minds are biologically restricted, then our capacity to suffer is biologically restricted, so you can be assured that your suffering, and its causes, is not specific to you.

(I realize how needlessly detailed this is, and I can just write something like, "you are human; therefore, your problems are human; therefore, other people are bound to share in your problems," but what can I say? I like to indulge.)

Being alive in and of itself doesn't mean that I can create a meaningful life for myself. I need to put in real and hard effort to actually improve
I disagree. The keyword here is "can". You being alive means you can direct a meaningful life for yourself (of course, there are exceptions in terms of unique circumstances like disabilities and so forth, but I am going to assume that you are not an exceptional case"). The uncertainty just comes down to whether or not you will. I never said it will be easy, but you have to learn to trust yourself to embark on that journey, which can be a journey in and of itself. But difficulty is what makes life worth living in my view. I understand others may disagree.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
I think only you can decide that for yourself.

Personally I prefer to focus on the little things. At least in my case, no matter how badly I'm doing I can usually find at least one small thing to enjoy/appreciate. I cling to that pleasure.

It's a hedonistic approach but it's kept me alive this long so....

I also like to focus on my obligations. (Ex. I can't die because if I do than XYZ project won't get done, or I won't be able to do XYZ thing for XYZ person who's counting on me.) You know?

Not sure how helpful this is since everyone is different but it doesn't hurt to share I guess.

Reactions: vipatherappa and Cloud Busting
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
That is another assumption that is holding you back. This doesn't have to be true -- despite what your mind forces you to tell yourself.
How so?
I apologize; I am not very good at conveying my thoughts clearly, so I will try a bit harder this time; I will probably still fail, but try to bear with me. (By the way, I am not implying you're lacking in any way here; I am genuinely not a very efficient communicator).
Oh, then that makes the both of us
Let me first try and add onto this further: Because you are human, you are limited by biology to a certain extent. It is because of those limitations that you can be unique and creative. Suppose we were born with no constraints; our biology allowed anything. This is difficult to fathom because we would more or less be mounds of flesh with no direction. It is because our humanity dictates a certain scope that we are able to prosper as individuals.
I guess I can't disagree there. If we were biologically limitless, we would have biological immortality and we would also have no, or at least very high, limitations on metabolism too hence we would deplete the finite amount of resources even quicker. Thank god for limitations

And of course, this directly can be applied to suffering because if our minds are biologically restricted, then our capacity to suffer is biologically restricted, so you can be assured that your suffering, and its causes, is not specific to you.
I see.. I never thought about it like this. I always thought that suffering could be infinite due to the sheer different combination of ways in which people can suffer. I imagined somebody burning in a fire which already is a lot of suffering then I imagined them feeling more suffering from a slow, brutal poison then I imagined them suffering from continuous knife wounds and lastly from having to witness their loved one getting murdered in front of them. There are just so many different ways in which suffering can be combined to be amplified. Though, it is indeed finite from biological restrictions
(I realize how needlessly detailed this is, and I can just write something like, "you are human; therefore, your problems are human; therefore, other people are bound to share in your problems," but what can I say? I like to indulge.)
I quite like your explanations and the way you elaborate
I disagree. The keyword here is "can". You being alive means you can direct a meaningful life for yourself (of course, there are exceptions in terms of unique circumstances like disabilities and so forth, but I am going to assume that you are not an exceptional case"). The uncertainty just comes down to whether or not you will. I never said it will be easy, but you have to learn to trust yourself to embark on that journey, which can be a journey in and of itself. But difficulty is what makes life worth living in my view. I understand others may disagree.
No disagreements there, well, aside from the second to last sentence but that's just something that we'll agree to disagree on

Reactions: Krisis
Krisis

Krisis

Nov 16, 2023
What makes you think it has to be true? Although change may not necessarily be immediate, it is possible. It's when you give up on yourself that this ceases to be true. Furthermore, achieving a sense of victory over such a belief does not have to be drawn out, complex, and/or dramatic; it can be as simple as acknowledging the beauty of your own state of continuing to live. A lot of people are unable to see themselves reaching certain ages. Whatever your age is -- I am sure there are loads of people out there who can't imagine reaching it. There's huge significance in that fact. And that's just one example.

Last edited:
Reactions: vipatherappa
CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Nov 2, 2023
If it's not from a professional 3rd party, then it's just opinion that you can't recover. Smarter you are the easier it is to justify a bias. If you haven't seen a 3rd party who's got at least an MD/PhD in psychiatry/psychology to work with for a period of 18 months, you don't have enough data and it's def a bias. Some people can recover or find coping strategies on their own automatically without any intervention. Others use a 3rd party to make those changes happen.

vipatherappa

vipatherappa

Student
Feb 28, 2023
What makes you think it has to be true? Although change may not necessarily be immediate, it is possible. It's when you give up on yourself that this ceases to be true. Furthermore, achieving a sense of victory over such a belief does not have to be drawn out, complex, and/or dramatic; it can be as simple as acknowledging the beauty of your own state of continuing to live. A lot of people are unable to see themselves reaching certain ages. Whatever your age is -- I am sure there are loads of people out there who can't imagine reaching it. There's huge significance in that fact. And that's just one example.
Do you believe that there is an inherent beauty in simply being alive? And what makes it beautiful?