I

Iamhere2005

Feb 25, 2023
a feeling and belief that one is so disconnected and unable to fully feel a part of this life and this life specifically with other humans. Yes there are examples of people that are isolated and have "nothing." But we have so many examples of people that are beloved and have love all around them yet they feel alone or different or shameful so they can't truly feel full (of love, connection, meaning). If one has real deficits wherein they cannot get access to other people that is a tangible and very difficult issue to overcome. AND for some they can get access to people and are receiving the connection BUT they cannot hold it and they feel just as lost and alone and possibly shameful as the person that cannot get access to people. In the end, the inner voice and inner sense of connection are what hold the key to a life one wants to be in. I think this is why therapies often fail to truly help people. Without changing the belief in and sense of connection nothing much is really happening and then that depressed/anxious person with suicidal ideation will continue to want CTB. So getting to that core subconscious sense of being enough, accepted, loved, and able to connect with others is the (really fucking hard) work. Early experiences as a child will create this imprint of feeling not enough, shameful, etc for then desiring CTB. Pretty awful and doesn't seem like most therapists know what to do here. Lastly, I say this to offer gold stars to all of you out there working really hard to do the work, face your fears, show up to therapy, take those pills, and bravely trying to change your life. You are awesome and people don't appreciate the efforts you make to just keep going even as your brain and body are telling you to give up. I see you and I hope your subconscious finally sees your importance, uniqueness, beauty, and the truth that you are ok and deserve space to make a great life.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: nozomu, epic, StaticCryBabye and 5 others
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
Everybody is different and have different reasons to ctb. You can't generalize, there is no one-size-fits-all with suicide. Some want to live, but the lack of money/ health/ friends/ partner makes life too painful. Some are depressed, or neurodivergent, different in some way that makes them feel isolated. Or it's a combination of both. Lack/ loss of something, AND feelings of exclusion. No suicidal person situation is exactly the same.

Reactions: F3orbetter, FrozenMango, imissmykitten and 7 others
SantaTeresa

SantaTeresa

May 10, 2022
It absolutely is about the money
and health, I guess.
I haven't met a sad rich man in my life.

Reactions: tiredangelgirl and unnormal9
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
No, it is, in fact, about a lack of $.

Reactions: FrozenMango and tiredangelgirl
endofafoxtwo

endofafoxtwo

silly red fox guy
May 1, 2023
a feeling and belief that one is so disconnected and unable to fully feel a part of this life and this life specifically with other humans. Yes there are examples of people that are isolated and have "nothing." But we have so many examples of people that are beloved and have love all around them yet they feel alone or different or shameful so they can't truly feel full (of love, connection, meaning). If one has real deficits wherein they cannot get access to other people that is a tangible and very difficult issue to overcome. AND for some they can get access to people and are receiving the connection BUT they cannot hold it and they feel just as lost and alone and possibly shameful as the person that cannot get access to people. In the end, the inner voice and inner sense of connection are what hold the key to a life one wants to be in. I think this is why therapies often fail to truly help people. Without changing the belief in and sense of connection nothing much is really happening and then that depressed/anxious person with suicidal ideation will continue to want CTB. So getting to that core subconscious sense of being enough, accepted, loved, and able to connect with others is the (really fucking hard) work. Early experiences as a child will create this imprint of feeling not enough, shameful, etc for then desiring CTB. Pretty awful and doesn't seem like most therapists know what to do here. Lastly, I say this to offer gold stars to all of you out there working really hard to do the work, face your fears, show up to therapy, take those pills, and bravely trying to change your life. You are awesome and people don't appreciate the efforts you make to just keep going even as your brain and body are telling you to give up. I see you and I hope your subconscious finally sees your importance, uniqueness, beauty, and the truth that you are ok and deserve space to make a great life.
You know I largely agree but I dont think thats all of it. Sure, my childhood trauma is why I am fucked, but with how horrific the world has become I don't think id want to stay here even if I had a cure for my interior suffering. This life just isnt worth it, its meaningless.

Reactions: imissmykitten
Eyris

Eyris

in death there is life
May 2, 2023
I don't think id want to stay here even if I had a cure for my interior suffering. This life just isnt worth it, its meaningless.
i feel like the meaningless has become a part of who i am as a person so i really feel where you are coming from. most people have no concept of the intense feelings that we experience so they have no way of seeing our perspective and it hurts to feel like your emotions are all for nothing because people think the emotions are born from erratic logic

I

Iamhere2005

Feb 25, 2023
It absolutely is about the money
and health, I guess.
I haven't met a sad rich man in my life.
There are countless examples of rich men that spoke of deep pain and proved it by ending their lives.
i feel like the meaningless has become a part of who i am as a person so i really feel where you are coming from. most people have no concept of the intense feelings that we experience so they have no way of seeing our perspective and it hurts to feel like your emotions are all for nothing because people think the emotions are born from erratic logic
Well said. It is comical to me when dumb(er ;) people try to psychologically explain how to be happy or tell me what they do to feel good. They mean well but just don't get it.
You know I largely agree but I dont think thats all of it. Sure, my childhood trauma is why I am fucked, but with how horrific the world has become I don't think id want to stay here even if I had a cure for my interior suffering. This life just isnt worth it, its meaningless.
I don't think so for me. The personal pain is where it all crumbles. If we could feel ok enough in the here and now we could find meaning in helping others or accepting life as it is. I think the deeeep pain we feel destroys are ability to see clearly and accept the awfulness and dangers around us.
Everybody is different and have different reasons to ctb. You can't generalize, there is no one-size-fits-all with suicide. Some want to live, but the lack of money/ health/ friends/ partner makes life too painful. Some are depressed, or neurodivergent, different in some way that makes them feel isolated. Or it's a combination of both. Lack/ loss of something, AND feelings of exclusion. No suicidal person situation is exactly the same.
I didn't say it was always exactly the same and your examples guide towards my general theory. I just think sometimes some things aren't complicated. The solutions are! But the things themselves aren't—e.g., wanting to ctb.

Last edited:
Reactions: UsagiDrop

52yoandmiserable

Apr 19, 2023
For me, it's about the futility of life. Everything is pointless. In the end, nothing matters. Rich or poor, healthy or ill, attractive or ugly...it doesn't matter. We all die eventually.
Even if we could live forever, what would be the point?
Just so I can make money and buy more stupid things?
Life isn't a game that anyone can win.

Reactions: redeyepiranha and Message In A Bottle
I

Iamhere2005

Feb 25, 2023
For me, it's about the futility of life. Everything is pointless. In the end, nothing matters. Rich or poor, healthy or ill, attractive or ugly...it doesn't matter. We all die eventually.
Even if we could live forever, what would be the point?
Just so I can make money and buy more stupid things?
Life isn't a game that anyone can win.
Hmmm but do you find joy, connection, and feel contentment simply inside yourself? You don't need other ppls philosophies—capitalism or whatever you mean by game.

deathLiberation

deathLiberation

Student
Oct 31, 2021
It´s suffering.

If suffering wasnt the base of existence, no one would ctb. People want the suffering to end, not to die. But death seems to bring the end of suffering.

And literally everything can be a cause of suffering. It´s a freakin trap from the start.

Reactions: Source Energy and GasMonkey

52yoandmiserable

Apr 19, 2023
Sadly, no I do not.
Nothing about my life makes me content, brings me joy, or connections for more than a few moments.
And even if anything or anyone did, what's the point?
It's all going to burn and be lost in the end.

tiredangelgirl

tiredangelgirl

i'm sorry i'm trying my best
Aug 1, 2022
I had posted an eye opening thread a while ago titled "if you didn't have money issues would you even be on this site" and it was REALLY surprising all the different reasons why people wanted to ctb. mine is 98% money issues and 2% my mental health.

my mental health is huge and debilitating, but if I didn't have to work as much and could call off every time I had a panic attack it would be a lot more manageable. for so many people it's death of loved ones, health issues, mental health or just overall feeling jaded about life. so yes I do agree this post is accurate for the most part but I would say about 40% on this site want to ctb because of money

Reactions: FrozenMango
I

Iamhere2005

Feb 25, 2023
I had posted an eye opening thread a while ago titled "if you didn't have money issues would you even be on this site" and it was REALLY surprising all the different reasons why people wanted to ctb. mine is 98% money issues and 2% my mental health.

my mental health is huge and debilitating, but if I didn't have to work as much and could call off every time I had a panic attack it would be a lot more manageable. for so many people it's death of loved ones, health issues, mental health or just overall feeling jaded about life. so yes I do agree this post is accurate for the most part but I would say about 40% on this site want to ctb because of money
Sure I hear you. Capitalism is a serious game with serious consequences. I continue to be amazed I am not yet homeless. I keep it together at work and elsewhere to avoid this fate. Scary.

Reactions: tiredangelgirl
deathLiberation

deathLiberation

Student
Oct 31, 2021

You are right giving the materialistic view.
But it´s a trap even before money.

If people didnt have to eat, drink water, sleep, heck if people didnt feel cold even, people would not submit for a slave system in order to obtain food, shelter, water, etc
It´s a trap from the moment we are placed here without a choice. You cant choose not to eat or feel cold. So you end up having to slave away for a piece of bread and a warm sweater.

Existence is a trap. Money is a slave system that abuses that trap. Like prisoners using other prisoners.

Reactions: tiredangelgirl
Krystal

Krystal

May 6, 2023
If you really had everything in the world, what would you do?
I'm just curious.
Assuming you had nothing to actively work towards.

The reason I am asking this is because I feel like most people would lose their sense of purpose. Would it really change anything? Is it really materialistic, or something rooted much deeper?

deathLiberation

deathLiberation

Student
Oct 31, 2021
If you really had everything in the world, what would you do?
I'm just curious.
Assuming you had nothing to actively work towards.

The reason I am asking this is because I feel like most people would lose their sense of purpose. Would it really change anything? Is it really materialistic, or something rooted much deeper?
Ask Prince William. Born unemployed, living unemployed and will die unemployed.
No money problems. You think he doesnt have a sense of purpose? He has lots. Because he doesnt need to worry if he is going to have food the next month. So he worries only about purpose for whatever thing he wants to do.

What you are saying is rich elite propaganda too keep the poor coping with the fact they are slaves.

Krystal

Krystal

May 6, 2023
Ask Prince William. Born unemployed, living unemployed and will die unemployed.
No money problems. You think he doesnt have a sense of purpose? He has lots. Because he doesnt need to worry if he is going to have food the next month. So he worries only about purpose for whatever thing he wants to do.

What you are saying is rich elite propaganda too keep the poor coping with the fact they are slaves.

I don't know anything about propaganda, nor do I think that a single person represents a population or any meaningful metric in this scenario.
I do not disagree that there are all kinds of people that like all sorts of different things, maybe there are people like Prince William that still find a sense of purpose despite not being forced to work for anything.
Instead, I am simply stating the fact that humans intrinsically like challenges. You can see this with many video-games, where the authors force you to work towards a goal.
Additionally, I also have a YouTube video about an experiment with mice on the back of my mind, it is about an experiment centered around creating a society where mice are not forced to hunt and are provided safe housing, considered a "utopia". The mice started exhibiting abnormal and pathological behavior which lead to an early termination of the experiment.

You can watch the video here:

Also, it is important to note that there have been studies about income and depression.
Here is the first such study I found:
In this study, there is indeed a relation between low family savings and depression, and shows that extreme poverty may be linked to depression.
Nihms 1636826 f0001

Maybe then, if people had the bare minimum for survival without any strings attached, they would be less likely to have depression.

However, other studies have also pointed out that the super rich are much more likely to get depressed.
Overall, I think that the sweet spot is somewhere in between, and not everything should be provided for free.

Here is a meme for context:

View attachment minecraft_meme.webp

Last edited:
deathLiberation

deathLiberation

Student
Oct 31, 2021
I don't know anything about propaganda, nor do I think that a single person represents a population or any meaningful metric in this scenario.
I do not disagree that there are all kinds of people that like all sorts of different things, maybe there are people like Prince William that still find a sense of purpose despite not being forced to work for anything.
Instead, I am simply stating the fact that humans intrinsically like challenges. You can see this with many video-games, where the authors force you to work towards a goal.
Additionally, I also have a YouTube video about an experiment with mice on the back of my mind, it is about an experiment centered around creating a society where mice are not forced to hunt and are provided safe housing, considered a "utopia". The mice started exhibiting abnormal and pathological behavior which lead to an early termination of the experiment.

You can watch the video here:

Also, it is important to note that there have been studies about income and depression.
Here is the first such study I found:
In this study, there is indeed a relation between low family savings and depression, and shows that extreme poverty may be linked to depression.
View attachment 110460

Maybe then, if people had the bare minimum for survival without any strings attached, they would be less likely to have depression.

However, other studies have also pointed out that the super rich are much more likely to get depressed.
Overall, I think that the sweet spot is somewhere in between, and not everything should be provided for free.

Here is a meme for context:

View attachment 110462

I watched that video a long time ago. It´s flawed in many points. Also Humans are not Mice.
Humans are inherently creative beings. Humans only stop creating because they are trapped in a cycle of suffering from the start.

Studies are comissioned. They always serve some sort of agenda. Money is used to help some prisioners to abuse others. Super rich being more depressed than poor people? Ridiculous. I can see you follow that train of thought and start to agree with the elite that says that we need poor people so society can have people to work. Some elite members say poverty makes people work more. You are free to cope, but i read too much bs written by the elite shills.

Still im way beyond that level of deception. Money is a form of control, but still an illusion.

Reactions: Krystal
Housefly

Housefly

May 7, 2023
For me it's the monotonous cycle of struggle to struggle. My brain hates me, my family is all I have and I feel like a burden continue to just hate everything or be bored by everything and be forced to do things I don't want to do. I don't know what to do with money, I never valued money what would I even do with it. I don't go anywhere or do anything. As soon as my parents are gone I'm out.