• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

Motoko

Feb 27, 2020
From what I see, I think more people here who want to ctb by hanging, would rather go with partial hanging than full hanging. Why is that? Isn't full hanging closer to "one way ticket" approach, as in, you can't go back once you kick the chair? Or maybe this is actually why it's preferred, because you want to have an option of interrupting the ctb in case you change your mind? I think partial hanging is more prone to SI (taking over).

What is your opinion on this?

Reactions: MMB, Abir_london, Pen>Sword and 1 other person
PrettyMoose

PrettyMoose

Eat my arse, Pain&Sh*tness & Mindf*ckitation Grift
Mar 1, 2020
I don't want my airway constricted. I just want to hit the carotid arteries and pass out while still being able to breathe somewhat normally. It's a comfort thing, as much comfort as hanging allows anyway. I'd like it to be as painless as possible but admittedly my tries so far with partial haven't been as pleasant as I would have liked. Head exploding feeling from only compressing the jugular veins is not a comfortable feeling at all.

• Love
Reactions: sasshimi, Lostandlooking, ohhgeeitsme and 4 others
M

Motoko

Feb 27, 2020
I don't want my airway constricted. I just want to hit the carotid arteries and pass out while still being able to breathe somewhat normally. It's a comfort thing, as much comfort as hanging allows anyway. I'd like it to be as painless as possible but admittedly my tries so far with partial haven't been as pleasant as I would have liked. Head exploding feeling from only compressing the jugular veins is not a comfortable feeling at all.
Hmm, maybe I'm in minority, but at least for me, physical comfort isn't that important. What gives me comfort is a simple thought that after 5 min all of it would end. And that thought would overcome any potential pain coming from full hanging or any other method.

But of course I understand your point - if someone suffers in life, then at least give a man his last 5 minutes to be not painful.

Reactions: sasshimi, Lucifer'sRight, ixkitty and 1 other person
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
People don't like the idea of the airway being crushed and it is technically kinda possible to succeed in partial without the airway being crushed. imo since you still pass out quickly anyway with full it does not actually matter.

M

makingsure4

Student
Jan 6, 2021
Hmm, maybe I'm in minority, but at least for me, physical comfort isn't that important. What gives me comfort is a simple thought that after 5 min all of it would end. And that thought would overcome any potential pain coming from full hanging or any other method.

But of course I understand your point - if someone suffers in life, then at least give a man his last 5 minutes to be not painful.
That last paragraph cracks me up. I think for most it's just easier getting over the SI response when they see it as more gentle, as you may know. And they know they deserve a gentle way out. But I hear ya. My first option is not a favorite on the forum either but because I know how I plan on doing it will work, that drowns out the fear mostly. And so what if I'm uncomfortable or afraid and having an anxiety attack from the carbon dioxide build up for minutes. I'll be done soon enough..

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
As for me, I prefer partial because I'm a really heavy person and it's difficult to find something which can hold my weight.

Reactions: Lostandlooking, Deleted member 23885 and Hurt
The Mute Viking

The Mute Viking

α †⊕r†⊕urεd p⊕ε†
Oct 10, 2018
The best method to be honest is Drop Hanging so that your neck snaps.
But rigging that up is a bit wonky since you need tie the proper 13knot and get on a distance high enough to let your body weight do the work.
There's also NO way to back out once you drop, unlike full or partial.

M

Motoko

Feb 27, 2020
The best method to be honest is Drop Hanging so that your neck snaps.
But rigging that up is a bit wonky since you need tie the proper 13knot and get on a distance high enough to let your body weight do the work.
There's also NO way to back out once you drop, unlike full or partial.
I think it's impossible to back out from full as well. As long as body is above the ground of course.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
The Mute Viking

The Mute Viking

α †⊕r†⊕urεd p⊕ε†
Oct 10, 2018
No need to think, it is. It would take a complete failure on your part or a freak accident.
In any case, it's the most affective because you're legit breaking your fucking neck lol.
It is my preferred method, but it takes enormous will power to do it.

I got to hand it to people who can do it. idfk.

M

Motoko

Feb 27, 2020
No need to think, it is. It would take a complete failure on your part or a freak accident.
In any case, it's the most affective because you're legit breaking your fucking neck lol.
It is my preferred method, but it takes enormous will power to do it.

I got to hand it to people who can do it. idfk.
I was referring to full hanging, not drop hanging:
"There's also NO way to back out once you drop, unlike full or partial."

It's easy to back out from partial, impossible from drop hanging, but I think it's also impossible to back out from full hanging (like rope attached to ceiling) where your feet don't touch the ground.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
I was referring to full hanging, not drop hanging:
"There's also NO way to back out once you drop, unlike full or partial."

It's easy to back out from partial, impossible from drop hanging, but I think it's also impossible to back out from full hanging (like rope attached to ceiling) where your feet don't touch the ground.
I mean, someone could put a pair of scissors or something in their pocket just in case they change their mind with full hanging and immediately cut themselves down. Not that it would be easy, necessarily.

While I hate the idea of both drop and full, I'd rather go with drop. At least with drop hanging, the chances of not dying instantly are slim. The reason partial doesn't seem bad to me is because if done right, you simply pass out without having your airway constricted. Of course, I've tried this four times and still haven't succeeded, but if I ever get it down, it's not a scary method to me at all.

• Love
Reactions: The Mute Viking
The Mute Viking

The Mute Viking

α †⊕r†⊕urεd p⊕ε†
Oct 10, 2018
You cannot do that with drop. Because even if it doesn't kill you instantly from neck snapping and blacking out. You will be a quadraplegic with absolutely no ability to move or feel.

Trisolaris

Trisolaris

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
From what I see, I think more people here who want to ctb by hanging, would rather go with partial hanging than full hanging. Why is that? Isn't full hanging closer to "one way ticket" approach, as in, you can't go back once you kick the chair? Or maybe this is actually why it's preferred, because you want to have an option of interrupting the ctb in case you change your mind? I think partial hanging is more prone to SI (taking over).

What is your opinion on this?
Full hanging is more difficult to execute since you need something to suspend from at a certain height. Partial can be accomplished with more common ligature points but you are right that SI kicks in. It's also more difficult to do properly.

ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
You cannot do that with drop. Because even if it doesn't kill you instantly from neck snapping and blacking out. You will be a quadraplegic with absolutely no ability to move or feel.
I know. I was referring to full suspension hanging.

The Mute Viking

The Mute Viking

α †⊕r†⊕urεd p⊕ε†
Oct 10, 2018
In any case. I ordered my rope. It should arrive in a few days. Going to over slip knot and a few others. I don't have any solid place to hang from inside my small little apartment. Unfortunate for me. So I'm going to have to prob kneel-hang.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Partial hanging has always been my "backup plan" so to speak, and in fact my SN kit includes some options for me to use if I decide to go by partial hanging. For me, it's really a convenience thing. Several people have already alluded to that. Full hanging, while perhaps more effective, is a bit of a challenge to ensure that you get it right. Many people don't have structures readily available to them to facilitate this process. Partial hanging can be accomplished almost anywhere.

I find people's chosen method to be more a reflection of the options available to them rather than any other factor. Of course, there are people in this thread who have said they prefer the comfort of partial hanging. I guess my sense is that full hanging is no less comfortable; you'd be out like a light. The messages your brain sends you in the moments before you execute the act might prove to be more of a challenge, though.

Reactions: Motoko