Experienced
Sep 21, 2019
delete please

Last edited:
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Why dont you start by giving us your thoughts on the matter?

• Hmph!
Reactions: lymbo and not4us
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
I have no clue either. Not much use on this thread are we :wink:

not4us

not4us

Experienced
Sep 21, 2019
I have no clue either. Not much use on this thread are we :wink:
true. How to remove it?
how to remove the goddamn thing?
when there is nothing to lose i still manage to lose something
I got it

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: lymbo and CuriousAboutThis
C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
true. How to remove it?
how to remove the goddamn thing?
when there is nothing to lose i still manage to lose something
I got it
When we die we won't even know what the "Universe" is unless there is an afterlife hopefully the heavens and the earth not this hell bullshit which is nothing more than a fear tactic Heaven and Hell as a state of mind, state of being, and state of existence (not after death = afterlife) or at least a better after life system then Heaven and Hell no matter how good or how evil which is all relative to each ones' experiences Maybe absolute and objective from a certain standpoint but that is just me.

Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
Into the realms of magical thinking BS ....

My latest emergeant superstition is the multiple dimensions idea .
Sometimes I think I remember a different past ... usually a general one , not specifically my own personal
experience ....Mandela effect , Berenstein bears etc.
Absolute BS of course .
But , the earth used to be flat and bumblebees can't fly and frontal lobotamies were a celebrated cure and the dude
that advocated washing hands for doctors in hospitals was gas lighted all the way to an insane asylum.

The facts ? The truth ? What ?

Also the idea of infinite recurrence .
Consider infinity .

If the big bang is correct , and by inference it happens over and over again ... then
over the serial manifestations of time space realities the exact same reality could be reproduced
possibly , continuously.

So , everything that has ever , or will happen , will happen over and over again .

scary shit.

Personally I vote ( with emphatic pessimism ) for the idea that our reality was created by a bored ignorant
demiurge . Little shit needs to be grounded .

Reactions: ninthhokage and not4us
C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
Into the realms of magical thinking BS ....

My latest emergeant superstition is the multiple dimensions idea .
Sometimes I think I remember a different past ... usually a general one , not specifically my own personal
experience ....Mandela effect , Berenstein bears etc.
Absolute BS of course .
But , the earth used to be flat and bumblebees can't fly and frontal lobotamies were a celebrated cure and the dude
that advocated washing hands for doctors in hospitals was gas lighted all the way to an insane asylum.

The facts ? The truth ? What ?

Also the idea of infinite recurrence .
Consider infinity .

If the big bang is correct , and by inference it happens over and over again ... then
over the serial manifestations of time space realities the exact same reality could be reproduced
possibly , continuously.

So , everything that has ever , or will happen , will happen over and over again .

scary shit.

Personally I vote ( with emphatic pessimism ) for the idea that our reality was created by a bored ignorant
demiurge . Little shit needs to be grounded .
I just hope when I die that I'm simply dead and all my knowledge and ignorance ceases to be; therefor, I was born from the void and go back to the void recycled. My conscious is dead, my subconscious is dead, and my unconscious is dead. No more AEM shit sorry Mods didn't mean to post my real name I'll use my first, middle, and last initials instead.

mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
It seems like the universe exists for the sole purpose of tormenting all life on earth.

• Aww..
Reactions: R_N, Wayfaerer, ninthhokage and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
The universe is an explosion.

It happened 13 billion years ago and will end trillions upon trillions upon trillions of years from now.

This explosion released energy, as explosions do. That energy decreases over time due to entropy.

The energy organises itself into matter and into living matter. Matter and energy are all about motion. Nothing is ever still. Such is the nature of explosions.

For me the questions are...
What caused the explosion?
Why is there this constant struggle for the energy in the universe to organise into increasingly complex matter as a response to increasing entropy?

• Love
Reactions: CuriousAboutThis, Science Is Scary, Brick In The Wall and 2 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Op wants this thread to supernova into oblivion. Although I dunno why, it's still a fascinating subject and I'd be interested to hear other members thoughts on it.

@Underscore covered some of the broad strokes. On this subject in general we get 1 answer but it raises 10 questions. I'm also curious as to the questions Underscore has raised.

To add, I'm curious about the relationship between our universe and alternate dimensions of space time fabric. We did just photograph the first ever black hole recently but again more questions then answers.

They're working on some big projects in space science and travel. There's a new hubble in the works and a new probe being built to leave our system. The probe is set to be much faster and go way further then Voyager 1 has.

There are new missions to the moon coming up and China is trying to build a base up there. They did some experiments with life on the moon and were able to grow cotton seeds. We also accidentally seeded the moon with life recently (tardigrades) oooppss!

Reactions: NitriteAnatomy
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Which is why I left it and did not delete/close it. :wink:

• Love
Reactions: CuriousAboutThis, NitriteAnatomy and Brick In The Wall
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Op wants this thread to supernova into oblivion. Although I dunno why, it's still a fascinating subject and I'd be interested to hear other members thoughts on it.

@Underscore covered some of the broad strokes. On this subject in general we get 1 answer but it raises 10 questions. I'm also curious as to the questions Underscore has raised.

To add, I'm curious about the relationship between our universe and alternate dimensions of space time fabric. We did just photograph the first ever black hole recently but again more questions then answers.

They're working on some big projects in space science and travel. There's a new hubble in the works and a new probe being built to leave our system. The probe is set to be much faster and go way further then Voyager 1 has.

There are new missions to the moon coming up and China is trying to build a base up there. They did some experiments with life on the moon and were able to grow cotton seeds. We also accidentally seeded the moon with life recently (tardigrades) oooppss!
I think if we could understand everything in the universe from start to finish at every level...it would actually be a tiny fraction of a much larger whole... there would still be so much more.

I didn't know about the water bears!
Shame they won't have time to evolve up there.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I think if we could understand everything in the universe from start to finish at every level...it would actually be a tiny fraction of a much larger whole... there would still be so much more.

I didn't know about the water bears!
Shame they won't have time to evolve up there.

I would agree with the understanding aspect. But I wouldn't want to know everything anyways, takes part of the fun out of it.

Who knows how long the little tardigrades will make it. They have found them surviving on the outside of space shuttles before, they're one of the most resilient creatures we know. There are pockets of water up there on the moon as well, you know, incase the lil guys get thirsty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 1465
NitriteAnatomy

NitriteAnatomy

Lost. Alone. Trapped. Need escape.
Nov 21, 2019
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I would agree with the understanding aspect. But I wouldn't want to know everything anyways, takes part of the fun out of it.

Who knows how long the little tardigrades will make it. They have found them surviving on the outside of space shuttles before, they're one of the most resilient creatures we know. There are pockets of water up there on the moon as well, you know, incase the lil guys get thirsty.
The little buggers will be how life actually manages to spread over vast interstellar distances dormant for billions of years. They are practically indestructible.

Reactions: NitriteAnatomy and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Shouldn't our universe, technically, not even exist? If I remember right, the amount of matter and elements are so displaced and off balanced that everything we know shouldn't really be able to exist and yet does.

Edit: Found a 2017 article in regards to this, as I was finishing my writing. https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-concluded-that-the-universe-shouldn-t-really-exist

I've read something similar to that before. The odds of everything happening the way it has are incredibly astronomical. Something like winning the national lottery everyday for a trillion years. That same complexity argument has been used to try to prove creationism as well.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Shouldn't our universe, technically, not even exist? If I remember right, the amount of matter and elements are so displaced and off balanced that everything we know shouldn't really be able to exist and yet does.

Edit: Found a 2017 article in regards to this, as I was finishing my writing. https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-concluded-that-the-universe-shouldn-t-really-exist
That's really interesting. I'll have to think on that and do some research.
There must have been more matter than antimatter knocking around before inflation or none of us would be here.

NitriteAnatomy

NitriteAnatomy

Nov 21, 2019
I'd have to assume that, if they ever manage to find Dark Matter (doubtful as they've attempted this for quite some time, now with 0 results), then perhaps that would help towards solving the problem. It's just a fascinating thing I had remembered coming across, as it's been my dream since childhood to see the stars with my own eyes and space is infinitely (kerpun) fascinating.

That's really interesting. I'll have to think on that and do some research.
There must have been more matter than antimatter knocking around before inflation or none of us would be here.

That's just it, though. It would make more sense in that fashion, but according to their research, that imbalance should be a huge issue. I do have to wonder, though......CERN is capable, albeit in extremely small quantities, of producing antimatter. What happens if we manage to produce it in a sufficient enough amount? Would we be restoring balance or canceling ourselves out?

The whole concept is just interesting.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I've read something similar to that before. The odds of everything happening the way it has are incredibly astronomical. Something like winning the national lottery everyday for a trillion years. That same complexity argument has been used to try to prove creationism as well.
I'm not religious but I can see why people lean towards creationism when faced with seemingly arbitrary facts like this.

But again, why did the explosion happen is an interesting question. Explosions are a violent reaction to a specific set of circumstances. What could have caused that initial reaction I wonder?

NitriteAnatomy

NitriteAnatomy

Nov 21, 2019
Especially if said explosion was to have resulted from complete Nothingness. If it was complete Nothingness, there shouldn't be anything that could've caused it.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I'm not religious but I can see why people lean towards creationism when faced with seemingly arbitrary facts like this.

But again, why did the explosion happen is an interesting question. Explosions are a violent reaction to a specific set of circumstances. What could have caused that initial reaction I wonder?

As far as I know it occurred because of an infinitely dense amount of matter collapsing on itself.

I'm somewhat religious but it also raises more questions. If we were created by a creator then who created the creator? The explaination in religion is that he always was and always will be.

These are probably questions that our tiny minds couldn't begin to comprehend. Even if all the answers were laid before us. The Russians were onto something with the whole Russian doll thing.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I'd have to assume that, if they ever manage to find Dark Matter (doubtful as they've attempted this for quite some time, now with 0 results), then perhaps that would help towards solving the problem. It's just a fascinating thing I had remembered coming across, as it's been my dream since childhood to see the stars with my own eyes and space is infinitely (kerpun) fascinating.
Dark matter is facinating. The term is bollox. It's like doctors using the term functional. It just means that no one knows why most of the energy matter in the universe is missing. It actually begs the consideration of multi dimensional theory in order for physics to work as it does.
We also have no idea why the expansion of the universe is accelerating. Shouldn't it be slowing down? Is there something outside of the universe having an effect on it?
As far as I know it occurred because of an infinitely dense amount of matter collapsing on itself.

I'm somewhat religious but it also raises more questions. If we were created by a creator then who created the creator? The explaination in religion is that he always was and always will be.

These are probably questions that our tiny minds couldn't begin to comprehend. Even if all the answers were laid before us. The Russians were onto something with the whole Russian doll thing.
Yes Russian doll recursive physics would explain it. I see our universe as a tiny part of a much larger system. The whole kit and caboodle could just be the equivalent of a hydrogen atom in the next system up. Some kind of entropic collapse resulted in our little universe exploding.

Or maybe or universe is a single thought in the mind of God.

I actually don't see the two ideas as mutually exclusive. It's all just ideas.

This is cool. It's just a thought experiment with no real basis in physics but it promotes a certain lateral thinking.

Also, the diagram looks a bit like the Quabalistic Tree of Life.

Last edited:
A

Arvind

Dec 2, 2019
i have always been thinking the same for the past 2 years. if there was no universe we would have never been born to suffer

Reactions: Wayfaerer, NitriteAnatomy, notjustyetagain and 1 other person