• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

DT2007

DT2007

reincarnation
Oct 9, 2023
Good question actually. I know it works at train lines for 100% but at home?: most likely survivable

V

Val12345

Oct 13, 2023
Google tells u need 200 volt to die and house electricity is 200+ so it should be enough?

JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
Google tells u need 200 volt to die and house electricity is 200+ so it should be enough?
How would you do it? I have never considered this method, so I might seem ignorant, but I have a feeling this has an unlikely success rate. Would love to hear how you would do it!

TheBoyWhoLived

TheBoyWhoLived

homo sapiens
Nov 20, 2023
The electrical voltage available in household sockets is sufficient to take a life, but there are at least a few problems with this. First: the electricity would have to pass through the body for at least several seconds, which would be real torture. I once accidentally electrocuted myself by plugging in a faulty charger, and although it lasted a fraction of a second, the pain was terrible. The second problem is the protection of the installation: in my case, the fuses reacted immediately and cut off the electricity in that part of the apartment. The third, and fundamental issue, is the mechanics of death by electrocution. Usually, death occurs due to cardiac arrhythmia, very rarely due to the burning of internal organs. Either way, it would be very painful and likely reversible.

• Informative
Reactions: thewalkingdread
R

Redacted24

Might be Richard Cory... or not
Nov 20, 2023
Electrocution is really unpredictable. A colleague took 440V across his chest (from one hand to the other) and tripped a 25 Amp breaker after a few seconds of terrible pain, and only had burns on his palms from where he was in contact with metal. No idea if he had lasting damage from this workplace accident, but it's not assured to result in death. Not recommended.

• Wow
Reactions: Oneness, UnwillingSavior, fwompie and 1 other person
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
It's too unreliable. It may maim rather than kill. Household electricity has all sorts of safety mechamisms that would need to be overcome. Also, household electricty is AC, which is not as reliable for this sort of application. Electric chairs are DC for good reason.

SleepySept

SleepySept

Nov 7, 2023
My mother was electrocuted as a kid and she still is afraid of anything that will mildly have the chance of electrocuting her (40 years later). If you see some electrocution accidents too, they are beyond brutal.

You should see the incident where a kid got electrocuted on a road. It was dangerous for people to even touch his body directly without getting shocked. Amazingly survived but absolutely cruel feeling all that at once when he grew consciousness.

Last edited:
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Also, household electricty is AC, which is not as reliable for this sort of application. Electric chairs are DC for good reason.
Alternating current is more dangerous than direct current. The severely life-threatening threshold for AC / DC is 100 mA / 300 mA.

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It would work best if the current flows directly through the heart muscle but that is actually the problem. It's unpredictable which way the current takes through the body. This method is very unreliable imo.

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Perhaps, making death by electrocution highly reliable is not too hard if you understand how to achieve a sufficiently high current and maintain long exposure. The main problem with it is extreme pain. If you want to get an impression of how electric shock feels like, you can try out the effect of a taser on yourself. You would need at least 20-100x greater current during half a minute or more to achieve death reliably.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze

Suicideation?
Jul 11, 2023
I used to be a DC power battery backup installer for phone offices and towers. I worked on -48V systems with over 1000 amps, and accidentally shocked myself enough to develop epilepsy, but never even went to the hospital. That's how unpredictable electrocution may be

Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
Alternating current is more dangerous than direct current. The severely life-threatening threshold for AC / DC is 100 mA / 300 mA.
Yes, you're quite right. I got my Edison confused with my Tesla.

thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
The risk of side effects pre or post CTB are too high for me. I don't want to set the area on fire if I manage to succeed and start a flash fire. If I were to survive, electrical burn wounds are awful. Just a mild electrical shock through my left arm was bad enough to keep it from working properly for a good week or so.

Plus, as much as I believe I'm due suffering, the will to live has fucked up my plans so many times bc of pain that I'd rather pick a method that's way less painful in those last minutes.

CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Nov 2, 2023
It can fry you badly, and you can survive like lightning. You could try using salt water jars, but even then it'd be really painful probably worse than car battery on nipples painful due to distance. Methods in which you can suffer are just bad. "Witness testimony, botched electrocutions (see Willie Francis and Allen Lee Davis), and post-mortem examinations suggest that execution by electric chair is often painful." - Wikipedia

_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023
Very unreliable and painful. Failed attempts will almost certainly cause damage. We once had an accident and took ~2.5kv ac @ ~0.5 amps through our left arm and out our legs. Here we still are over a decade later, more miserable than ever. It caused nerve damage and hurt quite a bit for the few seconds we took the current. We couldn't walk correctly for a few months after or hold anything reliably with our left hand.

Werewolf

Werewolf

Without shelter
May 12, 2020
Household electricity I would not recommend. Once took 220v ac accidentally from one arm to the other and your muscles will cramp so hard you can't let go.
Probably should have gone to the hospital as my heart was beating really weird afterwards but after a couple of days of weakness and tingling hands I was fine.

Real high voltage ac though will surely do the trick quite quickly, but that will require some effort.

High voltage dc, as in train power lines, will definitely kill you but will also cook you from the inside, ever used a welder? Same type of arch will go through your entire body.