A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
I'm surprised that there is no suicide pill method where you can just take a pill and then you die within a few seconds.

Surely this exists? There is so many ways to die but it seems like all of them cause a lot of pain and or messes you up for life if you fail.

I feel like a suicide pill where it's just something you swallow and then die within a few seconds when the stuff is in your system would be a really easy and peaceful way to go?

I guess I'm just confused why there isn't a way to do this or being researched more by death with dignity groups? Or maybe it is and idk?

So far the closest thing we have would be a gun?

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Hunter2005, anthos pal and 11 others
DivineMedicus

DivineMedicus

Vereor Nox
Sep 7, 2020
There is, but society would rather have you wageslaving.

• Love
Reactions: divinemistress36, numbspirit, Lost in a Dream and 25 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I've heard of SN pills! I bet they're quite good! (don't know how to get them, though.)

Anyway, I get your point. It would be great to have a pill to leave this reality ASAP.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, anthos pal, Journeytoletgo and 5 others
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
There is, but society would rather have you wageslaving.
Trying to find it :/ I know it's out there as high profile people sometimes die from them when they get caught in scandals

Reactions: x~Sophia~x and Cowtipper
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I'm surprised that there is no suicide pill method where you can just take a pill and then you die within a few seconds.

Surely this exists? There is so many ways to die but it seems like all of them cause a lot of pain and or messes you up for life if you fail.

I feel like a suicide pill where it's just something you swallow and then die within a few seconds when the stuff is in your system would be a really easy and peaceful way to go?

I guess I'm just confused why there isn't a way to do this or being researched more by death with dignity groups? Or maybe it is and idk?

So far the closest thing we have would be a gun?
I think Nembutal *used* to come in pill form back when it was a drug marketed for insomnia. Those days are long gone though.

• Wow
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, it's_all_a_game, DetachedDreamer97 and 1 other person
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
Cyanide maybe

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, DetachedDreamer97, MindFrog and 2 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
There are but they are not painless, during war ppl had the cyanide pills or something. And N is almost like that, but it's not easily available. And there probably is a suicide pill that's completely painless and perfect but they won't release that to the public

• Aww..
Reactions: coppervomit, x~Sophia~x, MindFrog and 1 other person
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, AutoTap and LastFlowers
peacefulhorizons

peacefulhorizons

Wizard
Dec 31, 2019
It doesn't exist (as far as the public knows) because lethal dosages of substances and pharmaceuticals are almost always going to be larger than what can be fit in a small pill (except maybe cyanide but that's not peaceful as others have stated). Also, it takes quite some time for things to be absorbed through your stomach and oral bioavailability is also a concern. So, a death in a few seconds from oral administration of a pill isn't really feasible, or at least currently.

It definitely would be nice to have such a thing but governments and pro-lifers would make it impossible to get (almost definitely even harder than getting N).

Reactions: Jet Black
DivineMedicus

DivineMedicus

Vereor Nox
Sep 7, 2020
It doesn't exist (as far as the public knows) because lethal dosages of substances and pharmaceuticals are almost always going to be larger than what can be fit in a small pill (except maybe cyanide but that's not peaceful as others have stated). Also, it takes quite some time for things to be absorbed through your stomach and oral bioavailability is also a concern. So, a death in a few seconds from oral administration of a pill isn't really feasible, or at least currently.

It definitely would be nice to have such a thing but governments and pro-lifers would make it impossible to get (almost definitely even harder than getting N).
I am fairly certain a pill containing F or even CF would be more than enough to kill someone several times over.

• Hugs
Reactions: peacefulhorizons and AutoTap
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
there is a suicide pill but chemicals that can do that to you are heavily regulated and not easy to make yourself

Reactions: x~Sophia~x and AutoTap
pen

pen

it's A non Getting Down socializing situation
Dec 25, 2020
Great Mr.DivineMedicus.

There's clomethiazole too.

• Love
Reactions: DepressedChemMajor
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Funny how philip nitschke's book is called the peaceful pill handbook while most of the methods in the book are unpleasant apart from nembutal and maybe SN. Dying aint easy you know but then again neither is living.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, NormaJeane, x~Sophia~x and 1 other person
confused-gemini

confused-gemini

Jan 7, 2021
I think Nembutal *used* to come in pill form back when it was a drug marketed for insomnia. Those days are long gone though.
It did that's what Marilyn Monroe used.

• Wow
Reactions: Death is beautiful, NeverSatisfied and Wrennie
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
You really think she killed herself?

I'm scratching my head at OPs original question, as there are plenty of compounds pills that are fatal in dosages small enough to be in a single pill (CN, SA, digoxin, tetrodotoxin, saxitoxin, botulinum toxin (most toxic substance on earth), some opioids, etc.).

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
You really think she killed herself?

I'm scratching my head at OPs original question, as there are plenty of compounds pills that are fatal in dosages small enough to be in a single pill (CN, SA, digoxin, tetrodotoxin, saxitoxin, botulinum toxin (most toxic substance on earth), some opioids, etc.).
Yeah, I do think she used nembutal. She may have had other things in her system but I believe nembutal was what killed her. I know there are lots of conspiracy theories out there but Monroe had a history of depression. She even went public about it. Being famous, talented and beautiful does not just put an end to worldy suffering especially if you are sensitive and feel deeply about everything.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I have a feeling banging JFK, RFK, and Momo giancana had something to do with it....

DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
One could make a suicide pill if one can access a poison that kills with a small enough volume to fit into a capsule. Which could either be cerberin (must be extracted), cyanide (if you can synthesize/extract/buy it), azide (will likely require a few to several capsules), etcetera.

NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
There should be a suicide pill for people who want to die fast - why does it not exist? During and after World War II many people took their lives with cyanide, but how does a person get hold of cyanide today? In 2001 the newspapers wrote that Philip Nitschke wanted to develop a suicide pill. In The Peaceful Pill Handbook he recommends Nembutal in liquid form, which actually should be injected and I have read about many failures with Sodium Nitrite.