socrates

socrates

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Dec 3, 2019
I've been looking for a cheep quick and nearly painless exit. This option seems good, it's quick low agony and cheep. I think one of the best things about it is you can make it look like an accident. That could help with guilt and remove pesky suicide clauses on life insurance.

So why isn't this more popular?. Is it more popular, but everyone thinks it's an accident? Or our there problems with this method that I don't know about?

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, patheticpartner, wordsonscreen and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Involves defeating a lot of SI, I guess. It's not a one punch knockout. Guess you could also have the misfortune of involuntarily rolling over onto your back and start breathing.

Reactions: Lostandlooking and Brick In The Wall
socrates

socrates

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Dec 3, 2019
Involves defeating a lot of SI, I guess. It's not a one punch knockout. Guess you could also have the misfortune of involuntarily rolling over onto your back and start breathing.
yeah you need to hyper ventilate your self and then go under water. That would be hard.

Reactions: wordsonscreen and Brick In The Wall
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
This method reminds me of...

SPOILER ALERT ABOUT A MOVIE, "GLASS" ! IGNORE ME IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT!

Since I watched the movie GLASS and saw Bruce Willis being murder with this method. I've always thought of it but don't have the guts to get drown. Hate it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
This was a popular method until SN gained more traction. Believe it or not people used to discuss methods other than SN at one time! Crazy, I know.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: coppervomit, Fthis, Aloken and 8 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
This was a popular method until SN gained more traction. Believe it or not people used to discuss methods other than SN at one time! Crazy, I know.
For real? Amazing days!
The methods I always see mentioned lots are SN and partial hanging. I guess they're quite "popular".

Reactions: wordsonscreen
gtrfvr

gtrfvr

live and let live or die
Dec 4, 2020
think it was called the "night night" method for a while. but i thought it didnt work reliably?

aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
Is it mentioned in the wiki

Last edited:
  • Aww..
minn

minn

Jan 31, 2021
It is not as easy a method as people seem to think.

This person explains why their attempts were not successful:
https://kefkaponders.wordpress.com/...cide-method-part-iii-unfortunate-conclusions/

It appears that blacking out before getting the urge to breath only happens to free divers since they have trained themselves to suppress/ignore their respiratory contractions. The hyperventilation is enough to mess with their judgement on when they need to breath so they blackout. However, for untrained people they will get contractions too early, even after hyperventilating, in which case si takes over and they take a breath.

• Love
Reactions: Rn110bg101, Pen>Sword, Wrennie and 5 others
reticen

reticen

Student
Nov 5, 2020
Believe it or not people used to discuss methods other than SN at one time! Crazy, I know.
Perhaps it was because the discussions revealed most other methods to be stupid.

Reactions: wordsonscreen and Disco Biscuit
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
HA!
It's as I said before, we need places like 8ch/suicide/ and ASM again. If you're looking for information on other methods these days, you're gonna be on your own in figuring it out.

Reactions: wordsonscreen and minn
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
I actually posted something similar a while back. I was surprised it wasn't used more often. I was tempted to use it since I live on the beach and I can find a private place to do this with no issue

wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
omg. I have been here for almost a month and I JUST REALIZED SI MEANS SURVIVAL INSTINCT OMG. This makes so much sense.

https://kefkaponders.wordpress.com/...cide-method-part-iii-unfortunate-conclusions/

It appears that blacking out before getting the urge to breath only happens to free divers since they have trained themselves to suppress/ignore their respiratory contractions. The hyperventilation is enough to mess with their judgement on when they need to breath so they blackout. However, for untrained people they will get contractions too early, even after hyperventilating, in which case si takes over and they take a breath.
I tried.. takes a lot of work and training :( Is worth exploring though!

Reactions: minn and Lostandlooking
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019

I reached the same conclusions you did. All i have to do is do the freediver breatholding training. But that like a lot of things is difficult ,requires hard work and the right kind of practice every day . But progress is measurable by the length of the breathold . If i can get myself to do the hard hard work everyday and get up to 5 minutes breatholding then shallow water blackout is possible for me .

Reactions: minn and wordsonscreen
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Jan 21, 2021
I reached the same conclusions you did. All i have to do is do the freediver breatholding training. But that like a lot of things is difficult ,requires hard work and the right kind of practice every day . But progress is measurable by the length of the breathold . If i can get myself to do the hard hard work everyday and get up to 5 minutes breatholding then shallow water blackout is possible for me .
exactly. oooooooooor just buy sn

C

CrossEyedCat

Oct 5, 2020
Does anyone have any info/experience with the use of hemlock poison? It's easy to get, I bought 5g off Etsy for really cheap and it did come with a disclaimer to not ingest so I assume it's legitimate.

wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Jan 21, 2021
Does anyone have any info/experience with the use of hemlock poison? It's easy to get, I bought 5g off Etsy for really cheap and it did come with a disclaimer to not ingest so I assume it's legitimate.
interesting... You should post a new thread

sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Tried it several times a few months ago but it was way too hard to do and I was never able to pass out...

Reactions: minn and wordsonscreen