Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
And if life gets worse, why live it? Each new experience is less enjoyable than a similar one that came before it. We look forward to experiences that are constantly not as good. Even food tastes better when you're younger.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: sserafim, loopdaloop, Costrecce and 9 others
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
And if life gets worse, why live it? Each new experience is less enjoyable than a similar one that came before it. We look forward to experiences that are constantly not as good. Even food tastes better when you're younger.
For me at least, orgasms are better at fifty-three, deeper and more intense, though this has to be counterbalanced against the fact that most men of my age are already more or less impotent from unhealthy living. Food tastes at least as good as ever.

• Love
Reactions: Neuromancer and swaraj
fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
People who say that probably struggled with insecurity, growing up, figuring themselves out. Usually not chronically mentally ill. That makes it different for me at least. For me it's just been getting worse and worse.
I often wish I was elderly already so people didn't expect that much of me and wouldn't keep death from me.

Reactions: sserafim, myusername890, loopdaloop and 3 others
𖣂𖣂𖣂.

𖣂𖣂𖣂.

𖣂
May 26, 2023
Illusion. Everything is temporary that gives you temporary happiness but never forever.

Reactions: sserafim, Homo erectus and Ambivalent1
H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
Your physical body certainly deteriorates with age. However, you might be able to escape unfavorable circumstances (like family or school), and you are more likely to be more financially stable with age. Also, your outlook on life changes with age which can also lead to a happier life.

Reactions: Homo erectus
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Life doesn't always get worse with age. Depends what your childhood and youth was like for starters. Big parts of mine were horrible! My late 30's were so much better than my teens and 20's.

Depends how your health holds up. Depends how well you look after yourself. I know 70 year olds that are really fit still. It's not a given that life will just get worse and worse- although- it can off course. I guess you lose some things and gain others. It's all down to individual experience. Still- I don't understand why more people don't want out before they get to nursing home stage. Maybe they want to hang on to see their families grow.

Reactions: ChronicallyCynical, Neuromancer and Zegers
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Either because people hold delusional beliefs about the dreadful reality of existing here or they are just lying to themselves and don't wish to accept that existing gets worse as it makes them uncomfortable.

But I literally cannot take anyone seriously who says things like "life gets better!", they just come across as so insane to me as after all we are just slowly decaying from age and it's true that once people get older they will just decline, like if people live long enough they will just be trapped in nursing homes being tortured by old age, I'm so disturbed by old age which is of course a reason as to why I always wish for non-existence.

I cannot stand those who glorify life as I just know that as time goes on I will become even more tired and want to die even more, existence is such a futile burden and it's terrifying how there's unlimited potential to suffer endlessly in this world where chance so cruelly determines everything, death really is the only relief for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, Homo erectus, Rogue Proxy and 1 other person
sammiechzxv

sammiechzxv

just a girl who's kinda sad
Aug 7, 2023
Because for some people it does get better because time let's them work towards the things they want to achieve in life. It's not time that makes things better though, it's effort. So I wish that'd be more how people say it instead of just implying that the more time that passes, the happier you'll be.

Reactions: Homo erectus
Dead Already

Dead Already

Jul 14, 2023
Because to many people would give up,
Their would be no slaves to work the fields or soldiers to kill the poor.

The money machine that benefits so few, would grind to a halt.

Reactions: sserafim, Letmedienow, Homo erectus and 3 others
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
I'm a firm believer that life gets worse as we progress. That being said, I'm fucking 20 so I can't really say much shit lmao.

The world, and us as people constantly change. Maybe it's just kinda a random luck factor that constantly becomes more probable, where eventually the odds of a life altering experience stack up until it happens, kinda like if you bought a bajillion lotto tickets.

Anyways don't suppose it matters since I don't intent to be around long enough to find out, but seeing as every old person in existence says shit gets better maybe there is some merit to it idk.

Reactions: sserafim, Homo erectus, Deleted member 65988 and 1 other person
O

OhWellDerp321

Student
Jun 1, 2023
Why? It's because for some people life does get better. Because for them, they don't have to worry about stupid shit like family issues or other things. But for others, the time is spent focusing always trying to resolve issues. That doesn't leave time to improve your quality of life. Eventually your run out of time for those things to improve.

Reactions: Homo erectus and Ambivalent1
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I would say that it doesn't always get worse, it depends on the life of each person, in my case i suffer health problems so it does get worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: Costrecce, Homo erectus and Ambivalent1
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
Looking at the mirror I can tell for sure that nothing gets better.

It is pro lifer propaganda and religious shit that makes people life so long. If easy suicide is available, most likely billions of people would stop working at 45, then spend their savings and kill themselves by 50. Or even much earlier. This would be quite rationale.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, Zegers and Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Long life gives people the illusion of retirement when they would enjoy the reward of hard working. Then everyone are happy to give their best years to the society.

Reactions: sserafim and Costrecce
Costrecce

Costrecce

Just a lil Dragon lad
Aug 21, 2023
Personally for me life is much better as an adult than when I was a kid🫣life still sucks yeah, but it's a lil more bearable now(for me at least)

Reactions: Neuromancer and Homo erectus
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
Good physical and mental health are everything. Family and money are important too. I have none of those things. I'm almost 51 and things are worse than ever. My life has been a complete trainwreck so things have never been good. They've gone from bad to unbearable. If it weren't for my physical problems I might've had a fighting chance. Sorry for the negativity. One of my dogs just shit in my room and I stepped on it. Could've done without that.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Costrecce, Zegers and Homo erectus