CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
I don't get the difference between these two. Also sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

Reactions: Promortalist_
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
overall i dont see much of a difference aside from the layout and how they work. i find the chat to be more of like a facebook chat (although i dont find the loading very well and prefer to use conversation, at least on the phone) while the conversation one is more like one message at a time. theyre both chats though, its more preference i suppose, theyre both for talking to people.

Reactions: CoolGuy9
CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
overall i dont see much of a difference aside from the layout and how they work. i find the chat to be more of like a facebook chat (although i dont find the loading very well and prefer to use conversation, at least on the phone) while the conversation one is more like one message at a time. theyre both chats though, its more preference i suppose, theyre both for talking to people.
It just seems a bit redundant to me to have 2 chats. It's the same thing with reddit which I also don't understand.

Reactions: Celerity
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
It just seems a bit redundant to me to have 2 chats. It's the same thing with reddit which I also don't understand.
im sure theres a reason for it that us mere mortals dont understand :pfff:.
i wish i knew dude maybe a mod will come on later and know why.
@Marquis maybe?

T

tardis

Sep 7, 2019
chat are better for real-time conversations with lots of short messages. Kind of like text messages.

conversations are for longer messages that can have titles, formatting, images, etc and you don't expect them to happen in real time. More like emails.

Also conversations can have more than two people whereas chats can't.

Last edited:
Reactions: aticeret, Celerity, Fragile and 1 other person
CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
chat are better for real-time conversations with lots of short messages. Kind of like text messages.

conversations are for longer messages that can have titles, formatting, images, etc and you don't expect them to happen in real time. More like emails.

Also conversations can have more than two people whereas chats can't.
Ohh okay that makes sense.

Reactions: aticeret and tardis