dont cry for me im already dead
Nov 20, 2018
SPRC%20Chart_09.JPG

Reactions: Chantal
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Collective pain, marginalization by the cultures that took them over, not seen as first world citizens in those cultures. If you look at history you cannot help but understand these things. Same goes for descendants of slaves in the USA and colonies in Africa, Asia etc. That does lasting damage to cultures in the same way a shitty childhood does lasting damage in the microcosm of your own life.

Reactions: fr0ggie, filthyrottendirty, ARW3N and 4 others
RememberWhatUCameFor

RememberWhatUCameFor

Nov 20, 2018
Collective pain, marginalization by the cultures that took them over, not seen as first world citizens in those cultures. If you look at history you cannot help but understand these things. Same goes for descendants of slaves in the USA and colonies in Africa, Asia etc. That does lasting damage in the same way a shitty childhood does lasting damage in the microcosm of your life.

but why have black people the lowest suicide rate amongst all ethnic groups in the us then?

• Love
Reactions: ARW3N, Shadowplay, Final Escape and 2 others
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
but why have black people the lowest suicide rate amongst all ethnic groups in the us then?

Is that a fact? If so I would posit it's cultural beliefs offsetting things. It's also a different issue than the native genocides so maybe that difference impacts it. Even though its a far cry from equal and solved African Americans in the USA are better integrated into the society that pulled them here, than native Americans who were pushed into reservations after countless were killed.

Reactions: azucaramargo and RememberWhatUCameFor
RememberWhatUCameFor

RememberWhatUCameFor

Nov 20, 2018
Is that a fact? If so I would posit it's cultural beliefs offsetting things. It's also a "younger" and different issue than the native genocides so maybe that impacts it. Even though its a far cry from equal and solved African American's in the USA are better integrated into society than native American's who were pushed into reservations after countless were killed.

cant you see the picture i posted in the op? if black and native americans were both at the top it would be logical for me but black people in the us have a lower suicide rate then white people and that makes me start wondering

Last edited:
Reactions: Final Escape
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
cant you see the picture i posted in the op? if black and native americans were both at the top it would be logical for me but black people in the us have a lower suicide rate then white people and that makes me start wondering

Ah sorry missed that on the bottom. I don't know...like I said might be cultural wherein the African American community sees suicide as less of an option for religious or societal reasons.

Reactions: RememberWhatUCameFor
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I've heard child abuse is high on reservations. Probably the poverty and dysfunction, addiction. There's probably a lot of violence. Reservations are an example of what happens when you just give people free housing, free food, free medical, etc. It doesn't make people responsible or have self respect. Takes away the motivation to try to compete or improve yourself.

• Love
Reactions: Opichi, fr0ggie and mattwitt
KTbear

KTbear

This Be The Verse
Dec 15, 2021
I've heard child abuse is high on reservations. Probably the poverty and dysfunction, addiction. There's probably a lot of violence. Reservations are an example of what happens when you just give people free housing, free food, free medical, etc. It doesn't make people responsible or have self respect. Takes away the motivation to try to compete or improve yourself.
Don't take the above words about reservations as truth. Yes, there does tend to be lots of addiction and poverty. For the rest of it, anyone interested in the establishment and disestablishment of reservations, the challenges reservation inhabitants are up against, and the interactions between tribal, state, and the Federal government can learn more accurate info through some research. If you've never heard of the Pine Ridge reservation, home of the Oglala Lakota Nation, Google it. Also, most Native Americans no longer live on reservations - I don't.

Reactions: justsayin and Rogue Proxy
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Does this mean that we all can solve our problems by becoming native Americans? Sanctioned-Natives, perhaps? :smiling:

On a serious note, you have already pointed out some negative aspects of their collective reality, but the question is also why it is like this for them in the first place.

For example, could it all be because of the Americans' expansionist imperialism on the American Frontier, from a couple of hundred years ago?

Reactions: justsayin and KTbear
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I never heard of that, will certainly look for it, maybe because they think they don't fit in the modern American society? I've heard they get huge pay checks from the government for being native Americans . Correct me if Im wrong. That's what I saw on a documentary once.

R

rationalis

Student
Nov 25, 2021
I would blame the elites in every culture. The rich who brought slavery to the United States, and stole property from native Americans, and the corrupt within white and non white communities and steal from their own people.

Nornal non rich people are not saintly, but we don't exploit and steal from literally everyone. Communities everywhere could be better off if they chose better leaders.

Reactions: justsayin